Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

Ashes Tour Confirmed

Recommended Posts

Fantastic!

Happy to slate the RFL/IRL when they do something rubbish (which is often) but fair play on getting this out early and having a pretty good spread of games.

- 1 x London plus 2 x North is a winner

- Elland Road, good choice. Not the best stadium but usually draws a crowd and has a lot of RL history, particularly tests.

- Bolton, probably the only negative really but not too bad. Maybe we could have been bold and opened at the Etihad or Anfield but I'm ok with getting a sell-out at Bolton first up.

- Tickets on sale a year before. My word.

- Spurs, the coup de grace! Excellent choice and finishing there is a strong statement and great for London RL.

This is enough for me to book flights back and attend the last two tests. Great stuff.

Just hope we can pull a team together now!

Also Jamaica with the current team would probably beat France. I have no faith in the French national team whatsoever. They are pathetic.

  • Like 4

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

For some reason, neither Ticketmaster isn’t recognising my Our League account details. Anyone else having those dramas?

I think RP has.  I had the runaround with the recent Knights game.  It’s been happening fir some time but someone in charge obviously doesn’t care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I think RP has.  I had the runaround with the recent Knights game.  It’s been happening fir some time but someone in charge obviously doesn’t care.

 

mine were more around my "Wall of white" membership.. 

However, when i tried my sons "our league" membership that wasnt being picked up either... assumed that was because the 2 dont mix (obviously as that would be too simple!) but i dont know if that is the issue.. I could assign my England Membership to both tickets when i did what they said.. so didnt need to chuff about with my our league one again. 

I emailed the RFL through the contact on the ticket site ticketing@rfl.co.uk and James who answered was very helpful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Fantastic!

Happy to slate the RFL/IRL when they do something rubbish (which is often) but fair play on getting this out early and having a pretty good spread of games.

- 1 x London plus 2 x North is a winner

- Elland Road, good choice. Not the best stadium but usually draws a crowd and has a lot of RL history, particularly tests.

- Bolton, probably the only negative really but not too bad. Maybe we could have been bold and opened at the Etihad or Anfield but I'm ok with getting a sell-out at Bolton first up.

- Tickets on sale a year before. My word.

- Spurs, the coup de grace! Excellent choice and finishing there is a strong statement and great for London RL.

This is enough for me to book flights back and attend the last two tests. Great stuff.

Just hope we can pull a team together now!

Also Jamaica with the current team would probably beat France. I have no faith in the French national team whatsoever. They are pathetic.

i'm with you... i'm quick to slate them but when they do something good need to praise them too and this is great to get launched and with some great venues (and i think the right order) and early.. world cup added to that and i think the supporters club is a good idea.

just wish the buying of tickets was simpler, it always seems so complicated.. I blame ticketmaster to an extent but i dont have these issues buying for other things off them.. dont know why it is that different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty excited for this and will try my best to get to all three games, especially the last one at Tottenham as that stadium is one of the best in the country, if not the world.

Upon hearing about the series I ventured onto social media to grasp what sort of response it has received and I am convinced a lot of people just like to complain for the sake of it.

Some of the comments people type up are utterly ridiculous; for instance, one bloke said we'd all be herded into the stadium, 'just like West Ham', which is completely irrelevant. 

Another said, 'Bolton ? Seriously ?', like we haven't had success with crowd figures there recently ?

Playing these games at 'RL stadiums' seems to be an absolute must for some when in reality, if we can fit everyone in, it doesn't matter one bit.

It really is exhausting reading stuff like this because a lot of it is baseless and/or completely pointless lambasting.

The major plus point for me is this has been announce a year in advance and I will try my best to accentuate the positives of what I hope will be an excellent series overall ?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I am pretty excited for this and will try my best to get to all three games, especially the last one at Tottenham as that stadium is one of the best in the country, if not the world.

Upon hearing about the series I ventured onto social media to grasp what sort of response it has received and I am convinced a lot of people just like to complain for the sake of it.

Some of the comments people type up are utterly ridiculous; for instance, one bloke said we'd all be herded into the stadium, 'just like West Ham', which is completely irrelevant. 

Another said, 'Bolton ? Seriously ?', like we haven't had success with crowd figures there recently ?

Playing these games at 'RL stadiums' seems to be an absolute must for some when in reality, if we can fit everyone in, it doesn't matter one bit.

It really is exhausting reading stuff like this because a lot of it is baseless and/or completely pointless lambasting.

The major plus point for me is this has been announce a year in advance and I will try my best to accentuate the positives of what I hope will be an excellent series overall ?

It's unbelievable. I'm seriously considering getting off Facebook,, simply the dregs of society complaining about anything with poor spelling and completely incorrect facts.

My highlights yesterday were someone arguing tooth and nail that Toronto weren't in SL next year, various inaccuracies about the Salary Cap and now Spurs ground is too big. idiots.

Edited by Tex Evans Thigh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope WHL is either a decider or a celebration of winning the Ashes because otherwise it'll look dead.

Leeds I don't mind. Sensible pick.

But Bolton? What a rubbish way to kick it off. I can only imagine they got it on the cheap so they could push the WHL game, and that the 3rd test is the only date they could get it for. Would have hoped for a bit more ambition than Bolton.

I've heard complaints on Humberside about how they're disappointed Hull, Headingley or DW didn't get games as they're SL grounds. Well Elland Road is much bigger, and the other 2 are owned or ran by footy clubs anyway so RL won't see the money. I like the idea of variety and going to different grounds. Bolton isn't ambitious though. Liverpool or Newcastle surely?


Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really pleased there’s a game at Spurs not just cos it’s down the road from me but also hoping It’ll raise the profile of the sport a bit round here (Skolars ground is on White Hart Lane)! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I really hope WHL is either a decider or a celebration of winning the Ashes because otherwise it'll look dead.

Leeds I don't mind. Sensible pick.

But Bolton? What a rubbish way to kick it off. I can only imagine they got it on the cheap so they could push the WHL game, and that the 3rd test is the only date they could get it for. Would have hoped for a bit more ambition than Bolton.

I've heard complaints on Humberside about how they're disappointed Hull, Headingley or DW didn't get games as they're SL grounds. Well Elland Road is much bigger, and the other 2 are owned or ran by footy clubs anyway so RL won't see the money. I like the idea of variety and going to different grounds. Bolton isn't ambitious though. Liverpool or Newcastle surely?

Having a game in Yorkshire and Lancashire makes sense, Bolton is a decent stadium close to the big rl clubs and should sell out I don’t see much of an issue, the only other option which I think could have worked was Manchester City’s ground, but it may not have been available or too expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Really pleased there’s a game at Spurs not just cos it’s down the road from me but also hoping It’ll raise the profile of the sport a bit round here (Skolars ground is on White Hart Lane)! 

White hart lane is miles long though lol

I've walked from wood green to skolars so I googled wood green to spurs thinking its on white hart lane,it can't be far...and it's nearly a hour walk lol

So if anyone is going to the 3rd test and staying in London you need to get to Liverpool street station and go "overground" to white hart lane station and it's 200m away from the ground

 


OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

For some reason, neither Ticketmaster isn’t recognising my Our League account details. Anyone else having those dramas?

Provided you've registered with Ticketmaster using the same email address as the on you registered with OurLeague, you just need to log out and then back in. Once you've done that it should automatically recognise you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Kangaroos v Wolfpack may have been accidentally confirmed.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-sign-sonny-bill-williams/

 

"The final words come from the current head coach of the Australian National Rugby Team (Kangaroos), Mal Meninga, who is regarded by most as one of the greatest players in the sport’s history added his thoughts on what the signing of Sonny Bill Williams represents for The Wolfpack:

“Sonny Bill Williams will provide an immediate impact for rugby league in the Northern Hemisphere and for the development of rugby in North America. When the Kangaroos tour England in 2020 – we will look forward to playing a warm up game against the Wolfpack as it would create a lot of excitement for the sport.”

  • Like 1

new rise.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Availability possibly? Not all clubs fall over themselves to host a RL international - Spurs and Bolton are keen to exploit their grounds as much as they can.

 

Bolton does look very modern and iconic it has to be said 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

The Wife has confirmed that I can fly back for the last 2 games. Boom.

Nipper will be around 18 months old so might take him as well. Warm him up for World Cup

Nipper Santos is a unique name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with a lot of posters on 2 points: we're all critical of the RFL when they mess up so we should say well done for getting this arranged nice and early, and that Bolton is the only bit that feels underwhelming but it's probably not a huge deal. 

I have to be back in London at the end of October anyway, but there's very little chance of being able to extend my stay until the 3rd test. A double shame if the rumoured Jamaica game also comes to pass. I might be able to sneak in one of the northern games though, so fingers crossed.


"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bolton over Wigan is a puzzling one - all things being equal the DW is marginally preferable IMO. Is there an ongoing issue with the Wigan stadium owners after their hissy fit over World Cup venues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M j M said:

Bolton over Wigan is a puzzling one - all things being equal the DW is marginally preferable IMO. Is there an ongoing issue with the Wigan stadium owners after their hissy fit over World Cup venues?

To be fair Bolton is slightly bigger and presumably given all the recent difficulties there cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, londonrlfan said:

Buzzing about London, but just wish it was Newcastle rather than Bolton, a serious lack of ambition there. 

Judging by the state some of our Clubs have got into, it would be folly to ignore the heartlands of Wigan, Saints, Leigh etc.  There will still be plenty of kids in those areas to encourage to play the game.

Newcastle have Magic again so can build on that, so I don’t see an issue here.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, M j M said:

Bolton over Wigan is a puzzling one - all things being equal the DW is marginally preferable IMO. Is there an ongoing issue with the Wigan stadium owners after their hissy fit over World Cup venues?

Bolton's stadium is superior to Wigan in pretty much every department. Capacity, accessibility, quality of facilities, corporate availability, on-site hotel, training facilities etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...