5 biggest clubs in SL

6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

if they could clone david argyle they would be a super league club in no time.  maybe the RFL should allow owners to have multiple clubs and approach him

He's already got a piece of Skolars... I suspect that at some stage it will massively increase down White Hart Lane and they might become a much bigger entity

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

Here are the latest odds from William Hill for the 2020 Grand Final winner, so they have the usual top five in place.

1.     St Helens                 5/2

2.     Wigan                     11/4

3.     Warrington                4/1

4.  = Hull FC                    10/1

= Leeds                      10/1

6.  = Catalans Dragons   14/1

= Castleford                14/1

8.   Toronto                    20/1

9. = Salford                    33/1

= Wakefield                33/1

11.   Huddersfield            40/1

12.   Hull KR                    50/1

Odds makers already have them closer to Cas/Cats and even FC/Leeds than they do to Salford/Wakey. Does that not suggest they think TWP are more likely to rise in the standings than drop as the season progresses?

3 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Odds makers already have them closer to Cas/Cats and even FC/Leeds than they do to Salford/Wakey. Does that not suggest they think TWP are more likely to rise in the standings than drop as the season progresses?

There is no way that Toronto should have higher odds than Leeds after their season last year....something is certainly out of whack....if Toronto gets off to a quick start WATCHOUT!

Before Toronto can be regarded as a top Club they have to show they're here to stay . Right now they are an expansion club. Catalans are almost there ,lets see how Toronto are in say 5 seasons from now 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

7 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

1 Wigan

2 Leeds

3 Hull

4 St Helens

5 Warrington

Based on recent history, long term history, fanbase.

Had they still been in SL, Bradford would have been in there.

Hull bigger than Saints? I’d say Wigan, the Leeds and Saints close together, then a decent gap to Wire and Hull.

On 25/12/2019 at 10:35, Number 16 said:

Being realistic, could the Bulls really get back to where they were nearly two decades ago when they averaged 15k and could pull in over 23k on occasion. 

The world has moved on. Their fan base has aged. Goodwill has been lost. 

It would be tough. 

That's why one more administration would have killed us. 10k vs Leeds 4kvs York in League one.Says it all.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

14 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

1 Wigan

2 Leeds

3 Hull

4 St Helens

5 Warrington

Based on recent history, long term history, fanbase.

Had they still been in SL, Bradford would have been in there.

Do a top to bottom all RFL members then. I'd have Bradford in at 9/10 overall.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

20 hours ago, Kayakman said:

There is no way that Toronto should have higher odds than Leeds after their season last year....something is certainly out of whack....if Toronto gets off to a quick start WATCHOUT!

I think Leeds will be up there this year KM. Some great signings and Agar a bit less scared of being chief 

Whinos top 3. You heard it here first

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think Leeds will be up there this year KM. Some great signings and Agar a bit less scared of being chief 

Whinos top 3. You heard it here first

It's alright Kayakman laughing, but like I said Toronto still have to establish themselves. If you're still around in 5or 6 years K I'll take notice  

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

6 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Do a top to bottom all RFL members then. I'd have Bradford in at 9/10 overall.

Personally I still think Bradford are bigger than a number of SL clubs. Not many of them would get 10k for a challenge cup tie vs Leeds for a start, or warrant so much comment in the RL media and on RL internet forums. I’d love to see them back in SL at their own ground in Bradford. 

On 25/12/2019 at 10:49, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He's already got a piece of Skolars... I suspect that at some stage it will massively increase down White Hart Lane and they might become a much bigger entity

Fraid not - the dosh hasn’t arrived. 

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

It's alright Kayakman laughing, but like I said Toronto still have to establish themselves. If you're still around in 5or 6 years K I'll take notice  

We will be making you take notice long before then...I want to let you know now so you can prepare yourself...so get ready...the Pack intends to impose its will on the Rhinos this year.

Now I know that people laughed at me before when I said this...but anyone that followed it knows the final laugh was on them....I'm not rubbing it in or anything...but I just want to let you and ALL of the other Rhino fans know....trying to avoid the heart attacks and all.

WE GOT YOUR NUMBER AND WE INTEND TO RING IT!!!!!!!

Lets get this show on the road!

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We will be making you take notice long before then...I want to let you know now so you can prepare yourself...so get ready...the Pack intends to impose its will on the Rhinos this year.

Now I know that people laughed at me before when I said this...but anyone that followed it knows the final laugh was on them....I'm not rubbing it in or anything...but I just want to let you and ALL of the other Rhino fans know....trying to avoid the heart attacks and all.

WE GOT YOUR NUMBER AND WE INTEND TO RING IT!!!!!!!

Lets get this show on the road!

I was speaking as a RL fan weve seen false Dawn's from " expansion " clubs before . 5 or 10 years from now if you're still with us and in the top group  With a number of Canadian players.  Then you wont be dismissed as a Novelty team 

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Personally I still think Bradford are bigger than a number of SL clubs. Not many of them would get 10k for a challenge cup tie vs Leeds for a start, or warrant so much comment in the RL media and on RL internet forums. I’d love to see them back in SL at their own ground in Bradford. 

Hear hear great potential 

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I was speaking as a RL fan weve seen false Dawn's from " expansion " clubs before . 5 or 10 years from now if you're still with us and in the top group  With a number of Canadian players.  Then you wont be dismissed as a Novelty team 

There hasn't been an expansion club like this before though has there 

If the wolfpack fail it will be because the game didn't support and welcome them and the owner decided rugby union is a better option

The people involved.in mlr should be getting in argyles ear and tell him how welcome they would be there.  I'm sure the irb would see their potential and actively support them joining that sport 

28 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

There hasn't been an expansion club like this before though has there 

If the wolfpack fail it will be because the game didn't support and welcome them and the owner decided rugby union is a better option

The people involved.in mlr should be getting in argyles ear and tell him how welcome they would be there.  I'm sure the irb would see their potential and actively support them joining that sport 

Of course and it will take time before we can say wether its worked or not 

JAMIE PEACOCK

10 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

The ones with the most cash and the ability to use it properly 

The Salary cap has for a number of years rendered the first of your reasons pointless (though Marquees and new allowances are showing cracks in that regime) and placed much more emphasis on the latter. 

Depends how you die fine ‘big club’. The obvious ones are Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington and possibly Hull. All have big modern stadiums, good support, successful.

Id still say that Bradford are a big club. They still have good support, I think the Leeds game last season proved that they still have a lot of potential. It’s just unfortunate about there financial position and crumbling stadium. Perhaps sleeping giant would be more appropriate than big club

As for Toronto they have a lot of potential. Based in a major Canadian city, have a wealthy backer who wants to sign big names, get good crowds

48 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The Salary cap has for a number of years rendered the first of your reasons pointless (though Marquees and new allowances are showing cracks in that regime) and placed much more emphasis on the latter. 

That is not what I meant . Look at Bradford . Had everything but not the ability to manage it all properly . It's planning and sensible spending that makes the best top clubs 

22 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Depends how you die fine ‘big club’. The obvious ones are Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington and possibly Hull. All have big modern stadiums, good support, successful.

Id still say that Bradford are a big club. They still have good support, I think the Leeds game last season proved that they still have a lot of potential. It’s just unfortunate about there financial position and crumbling stadium. Perhaps sleeping giant would be more appropriate than big club

As for Toronto they have a lot of potential. Based in a major Canadian city, have a wealthy backer who wants to sign big names, get good crowds

I can remember 63 64 when Bradford went under after years of dross and they lost their fan base  last crowd was well below 400 they have gone through bad years recently and kept a decent fan base based on that and the size of the city I would say they are still a big club . 

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived