coronavirus

7 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

If they go under i shall be hunting for a "barn find" 1098 in a few years found in the corner of a liquidation closed garage

If they go under I will be up there to reclaim "my" three month old V4.

What do you mean you've lost the paperwork? no wonder they went under. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Nicola Sturgeon offered some clarity on construction sites yesterday. She said unless they are building hospitals or similar, they should be closed. She then went on to say if the likes of gardeners or window cleaners could work on their own, they could carry on!

I think clarification is needed about not using your car unnecessarily, and shopping should be limited to one person per household rather than whole families going, which seems to be a thing. 

Yes, I heard her say that on TV. My personal preference for any politician, NHS, police etc statement would be the use of the word "MUST".

It implies absolute interdiction, which "SHOULD" does not.  

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

If they go under I will be up there to reclaim "my" three month old V4.

What do you mean you've lost the paperwork? no wonder they went under. 

i know someone who when clearing the back of the  workshop storage at a dealership in Oxford about 10 years ago found a Gpz900R A1 with 235 miles on it that had been placed there by the previous workshop manager after only delivery mileage and then forgotten about under sheeting. The dealership sold it on to a collector at far more than original list price.

I am hoping to pick yours up for a song in the postcovid19 wasteland

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Webbs  Triumph dealer closed temporarily.https://www.webbsoflincoln.co.uk/pages/news/news-and-events/important-customer-announcement---coronavirus.htm

Good news is that my drive is long enough for me to ride for 5 seconds!

If you have a plastic tanked T509 don't leave it full of high ethanol fuel for too long or the tank expands

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yes, I heard her say that on TV. My personal preference for any politician, NHS, police etc statement would be the use of the word "MUST".

It implies absolute interdiction, which "SHOULD" does not.  

Sturgeon has generally been pretty firm. When the word advice has been used, she has been stricter and said that these things are rules. 

9 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Webbs  Triumph dealer closed temporarily.https://www.webbsoflincoln.co.uk/pages/news/news-and-events/important-customer-announcement---coronavirus.htm

Good news is that my drive is long enough for me to ride for 5 seconds!

Ducati Leeds/Triumph West Yorkshire closed as well. I could manage about 100 metres on my Monster without leaving the property. Shame I don't have a little motocrosser for riding around the fields on, though I think the wife would have a fit in case I spoiled the ground for the horses. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

39 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Good news. Sensible news. Step by step measure s like this are beingvintroduced. Lets trust that there will be progress soon for the self employed.

The Arts Council has tweeted some £millions in support of those in the cultural industries.

This is an absolutely massive thing to deal with.  The government and civil service have been flying around like manic things trying to address not only the issues but the consequences of decisions to deal with the issues which are only known after the decisions have effect.  The government is doing an amazing job IMO.

Tesco, and some other stores, have reserved 1 hour between 0900-1000 on Monday, Wednesday & Friday for elderly shoppers, only problem is elderly bus passes don't work before 0930, that gives them 30 minutes to get there, do their shopping, and check-out.

36 minutes ago, JohnM said:

What is even more welcome is that he is a celeb not claiming to have symptoms. How unfashionable!

While the cynic in me agrees with your sentiments - I see Greta is saying she thinks she's had Corona - if the message that anyone can get it gets through to some otherwise ignoring advice I'll happily forgive them.

30 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Ducati Leeds/Triumph West Yorkshire closed as well. I could manage about 100 metres on my Monster without leaving the property. Shame I don't have a little motocrosser for riding around the fields on, though I think the wife would have a fit in case I spoiled the ground for the horses. ?

i suppose if i was willing to spare the wrath of a daughter i could steal my daughters varadero 125 and take that off road

Dont think xjr1300 is right for it (or the t509, gpz900r, broken gs500 and gs125 in the garage/conservatory)

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Tesco, and some other stores, have reserved 1 hour between 0900-1000 on Monday, Wednesday & Friday for elderly shoppers, only problem is elderly bus passes don't work before 0930, that gives them 30 minutes to get there, do their shopping, and check-out.

Our area of deepest Suffolk have cancelled the restrictions on free bus passes for the duration.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

Our area of deepest Suffolk have cancelled the restrictions on free bus passes for the duration.

They have in Hastings as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It really brings home the complexity of our ' civilisation ' , and how making just simple decisions can very quickly become very complicated 

Yes, we have instant experts on Facebook and even this forum, but often know a bit but mix it all up.

I live in the centre of a city, if I jog, I will be huffing and puffing around people, whereas I could drive and do it in isolation. It is not clear cut.

In a 1919 style pandemic, we would close everything and skip clinical trials for a vaccine (or at least skip to phase IV) - we cannot take those risks with this.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Yes, we have instant experts on Facebook and even this forum, but often know a bit but mix it all up.

I live in the centre of a city, if I jog, I will be huffing and puffing around people, whereas I could drive and do it in isolation. It is not clear cut.

In a 1919 style pandemic, we would close everything and skip clinical trials for a vaccine (or at least skip to phase IV) - we cannot take those risks with this.

Common sense required 

This morning I combined exercise , dropping off a prescription and checking up on my dad , instead of driving I walked the dog round to his house ( the dog keeps him sane since losing my mum ) , we had a long range chat in his garden , then on to the Chemists and then home , that's me done for the day , daughter and wife can pick up dog later while they get their exercise 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Common sense required 

This morning I combined exercise , dropping off a prescription and checking up on my dad , instead of driving I walked the dog round to his house ( the dog keeps him sane since losing my mum ) , we had a long range chat in his garden , then on to the Chemists and then home , that's me done for the day , daughter and wife can pick up dog later while they get their exercise 

Exactly so.

I do think that if major enforcement is necessary, then common sense will have to give way to clear cut lines.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

Have they? I didn't know that. I can do my shopping early in Asda next Tuesday when I get my PIP

I checked. It's on the East Sussex council web site.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

An example of the numptiness running rife, taken from my FB feed:

Friend 1: "I can't believe how many people are taking their kids out shopping with them. Leave them at home."

There are a couple of replies then Friend 2 asks: "so what are you doing with your 2?"

Friend 1: "I took them to Morrisons this morning, xxxx needed to take some pictures of fruit for his school project."

I truly, truly despair.

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

An example of the numptiness running rife, taken from my FB feed:

Friend 1: "I can't believe how many people are taking their kids out shopping with them. Leave them at home."

There are a couple of replies then Friend 2 asks: "so what are you doing with your 2?"

Friend 1: "I took them to Morrisons this morning, xxxx needed to take some pictures of fruit for his school project."

I truly, truly despair.

It is the same logic as people who think they are having to sensibly stock up because other people are panic buying.

Archived