coronavirus

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Just because covid is present it doesn't mean that the person died of it so not quite as simple as you make out. Scotland's figures include anyone dying who tested positive in the previous 28 days. Maybe you'd like PMs carried out on everyone who dies and tie up vast resources doing that?

I would like that please as I have a directionless anger that reality is not behaving the way my worldview thinks it should.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BryanC said:

You a buddhist?

Or just a "right on" flake?

A buddhist would say that I am whatever your angry mind makes me ?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just now, gingerjon said:

I would like that please as I have a directionless anger that reality is not behaving the way my worldview thinks it should.

Yes.

He has a world view, and a new thing come along that is random, and does not fit in with a society of pure individuals with a proper strong figure head to make everything right.

We can be sympathetic to that, should we not?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Yes.

He has a world view, and a new thing come along that is random, and does not fit in with a society of pure individuals with a proper strong figure head to make everything right.

We can be sympathetic to that, should we not?

Typical Buddhist.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Nasir Afzal , former chief prosecutor on BBC Breakfast earlier , his brother was diagnosed with covid , so started self isolation , after a week later , one morning he didn't wake up , possible heart attack compounded by covid but they aren't sure due to no post mortems being done anymore 

The Morgues are all full , so they sat in full ppe for the Muslim undertakers to arrive , originally told 6 hours , ended up being the day after due to the sheer number of bodies they are collecting 

His brothers wishes were as many request was to be returned back to Pakistan to the family grave , but that isn't going to happen as no flights , all the Muslim cemeteries over here are full , his brothers body is now in refrigerated storage till they can decide what to do with it 

Again , no lockdown or too early out and you multiply this scenario by ten , or by a hundred , or a thousand , every day 

These figures aren’t counting anyone dying in the community or care homes. Also isn’t there a real danger with all this isolation that people are currently dead in their homes or flats and won’t be pick up on until all this is over. 

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

These figures aren’t counting anyone dying in the community or care homes. Also isn’t there a real danger with all this isolation that people are currently dead in there homes or flats and won’t be pick up on until all this is over. 

As I mentioned earlier, one of the big issues is that GPs who visit the care homes don’t have the full or even partiaL PPE and so are reduced to wearing tea towels. Imagine how many elderly  and infirm are being infected through this way. 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

And yet there is a poster on the RL threads suggesting in an aggressive manner , " well let's not play sport till we cure every disease then , people die every day " In response to ' get real , you do realise how bad this is ' posts ?

People do die of flu & road traffic accidents everyday. What I've never seen before however is every hospital in the country having their ICU full of patients with exactly the same illness, at the same time, with many of them failing to recover. I've never seen such a huge demand increase for ICU capacity so dramatically and quickly for this reason also. It's amazing how some people seem to find the current risks so difficult to comprehend. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

27 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

People do die of flu & road traffic accidents everyday. What I've never seen before however is every hospital in the country having their ICU full of patients with exactly the same illness, at the same time, with many of them failing to recover. I've never seen such a huge demand increase for ICU capacity so dramatically and quickly for this reason also. It's amazing how some people seem to find the current risks so difficult to comprehend. ?

And the mental toll on the staff dealing with this , as much as they see death essentially every day , the sheer numbers involved , combined with the fact they cannot ' treat ' this illness , all they can do is try to keep them alive until the patients body either fights through it , or they die , by virtually choking to death 

So when I hear " oh we're at the peak now , we can lift everything in a couple of weeks " , yes cracking idea , I'm sure the nurses and doctors will be fine when we extend their stress for another month or two , and the potential for them to become infected and die 

54 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Nasir Afzal , former chief prosecutor on BBC Breakfast earlier , his brother was diagnosed with covid , so started self isolation , after a week later , one morning he didn't wake up , possible heart attack compounded by covid but they aren't sure due to no post mortems being done anymore 

There is an article on the BBC where they followed an NYC paramedic for a day.  He was saying they would attend, usually, a couple of heart attacks a week.  He is going to 10 a day right now.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 hours ago, BryanC said:

This from somebody who was praising the Mail?

They are all as bad as each other. The MSM don't seem to be capable of differentiating between died "of" Covid-19 and died "with" Covid-19.

The sooner we all get back outside and start to develop proper herd immunity the better. 

Over to you, @JohnM

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 hours ago, BryanC said:

A very quick and lazy way for doctors to sign off death certificates.

Swab and test for Covid-19, if it's there, job done.

Please don't tell me that this isn't happening.

Sadly we have turned into a nation of terrified Mary Ellens.

Clueless idiot 

25 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

There is an article on the BBC where they followed an NYC paramedic for a day.  He was saying they would attend, usually, a couple of heart attacks a week.  He is going to 10 a day right now.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

These figures aren’t counting anyone dying in the community or care homes. Also isn’t there a real danger with all this isolation that people are currently dead in their homes or flats and won’t be pick up on until all this is over. 

Correct. Those are covered by the publically announced ONS weekly death cert figures where Covid 19 gets a mention on the  death cert. 

1 hour ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

As I mentioned earlier, one of the big issues is that GPs who visit the care homes don’t have the full or even partiaL PPE and so are reduced to wearing tea towels. Imagine how many elderly  and infirm are being infected through this way. 

All GPS? 

Some GPS? 

Tea towels? 

Evidence? 

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

How can I help you? 

Explain to BryanC why "just getting out there and letting herd immunity deal with it and that we're all snowflakes" is wrong.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Question for anyone on hetr who is qualified to answer: is a PM always carried out if the suspected cause of death is heart attack or other heart disease.?

When a resident dies for whatever reason, does  a GP have to attend a care home in person? 

Archived