Classic Kits

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Butchers stripes for Fev you know who it is then. Had some wired and wonderful kits over the years. 

The Ellgren kits we had weren't the best. I would be surprised if anyone has very fond memories of what Ellgren turned out.

On 05/05/2020 at 18:54, Gooleboy said:

The Ellgren kits we had weren't the best. I would be surprised if anyone has very fond memories of what Ellgren turned out.

spacer.png

Certainly in my top 3 Leigh shirts of all time. The orange Fev one seemed popular judging by the re-release for Magic the other year?

38 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

New Ellgren has registered on companies house

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11532780

I take it that is son of Garry Schofield and general manager at Wakefield Trinity as director.

Could be interesting... 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Certainly seems to be a lot of interaction between RLDesigns, ellgren and Michael Carter on twitter!

RLD designs create decent looking shirts, reduce the the number of sponsors (or intergrate) them better into the design) and make the gear from decent quality material then they could be onto a winner. 

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

RLD designs create decent looking shirts, reduce the the number of sponsors (or intergrate) them better into the design) and make the gear from decent quality material then they could be onto a winner. 

Theres quite a bit more to creating sports apparel. Though you'd imagine there would be no reason to register Ellgren Ltd if they didn't intend on becoming a genuine sportswear supplier.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Theres quite a bit more to creating sports apparel. Though you'd imagine there would be no reason to register Ellgren Ltd if they didn't intend on becoming a genuine sportswear supplier.

There’s a market for classic shirts, just look at Classic Football Shirts, they went from someone’s back room to a warehouse. Maybe someone has seen a gap in the market with ISC quitting UK and resurrected Ellgren 

26 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

There’s a market for classic shirts, just look at Classic Football Shirts, they went from someone’s back room to a warehouse. Maybe someone has seen a gap in the market with ISC quitting UK and resurrected Ellgren 

Maybe, though without being too negative, i'd suggest it might be a small market.

That aside, i hope they can do something nice if dipping their toe back into Rugby League and sportswear in general.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Maybe, though without being too negative, i'd suggest it might be a small market.

That aside, i hope they can do something nice if dipping their toe back into Rugby League and sportswear in general.

Yeah I agree, classic RL shirts are not as popular as football although I think you could do it on the small scale, maybe supply old replica shirts directly to clubs 

If they were to come back you expect them to do RL and maybe some small football clubs 

On 06/05/2020 at 22:04, Leyther_Matt said:

spacer.png

Certainly in my top 3 Leigh shirts of all time. The orange Fev one seemed popular judging by the re-release for Magic the other year?

I had a mate who always wore this back in the mid 90s.

Name was Jimmy Penney from Atherton, if anyone knows him I'd love to get back in touch with him...

IMG_20200427_080914.jpg

Archived