Sign in to follow this  
Arters

Daly Cherry Evans

Cherry Evan's has got to be one  of the most over rated players ever in the nrl .

He offers nothing and cant even do the basics right week in week out a half back is supposed to do .

• Like 2

Keep trying.

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

There’s a few top coaches who know nothing then if that’s the case

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He qualifies to play for England too 

I can see it now ... Cherry - Evans to Hastings to Radley to Austin to score in the corner , the WC is ours ...

( only kidding Harry ... )

• Haha 1

Totally agree. 

The Aussies will be more beatable at the World Cup next year if they stick with DCE at 7. If they go with Mitchell Moses and give him the freedom to run the show then they become much more dangerous in attack.

11 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Totally agree. 

The Aussies will be more beatable at the World Cup next year if they stick with DCE at 7. If they go with Mitchell Moses and give him the freedom to run the show then they become much more dangerous in attack.

Luke Keary will be half. Munster and Keary in the halves will be scary. Actually look at this Aussie backline 

1. Tedesco 

2. Ponga

3. Mitchell 

4. Trbojevic

5. Holmes 

6. Munster

7. Keary 

Then throw in a forward pack of Haas, Papalii, Klemmer, Vaughan, Fifita, Cordner, J Trbojevic, Murray

and Harry Grant and Damien Cook hookers 

scary good side 

Just now, DavidM said:

Five fullbacks . Can they loan us one ?

Holmes best position is wing imo and on his day is the best winger in the game, Mitchell’s best position centre. The other 3 you have to find a way to get them all in the side even if it means playing KP on the wing. Turbo plays centre for NSW. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Who would be fb for England?

Don’t know . Lomax , Ratchford , Hardaker have been in the mix . Widdop’s had a go

Edited by DavidM

When you compare Cherry-Evans to a lot of the Australian half backs over the last decade or so he would never come into my thinking as the best or even amongst them. He just seems to fly under the radar compared to the Cronk's and Thurston's who he has been up against. That said he has played 15 times for Australia and 10 times for Queensland, won a Premiership and been a captain of Manly so obviously must offer a lot and cant be too shabby at the basics either.

• Like 1

Cherry-Evans was a back up rep player at State of Origin and international level for most of his carrer.  He got his chance to cement a position when Cronk retired from rep football.

However, I would expect the likes of Moses and Clearly to battle it out for the Kangaroo #7 jersey moving forward.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Luke Keary will be half. Munster and Keary in the halves will be scary. Actually look at this Aussie backline 

1. Tedesco 

2. Ponga

3. Mitchell 

4. Trbojevic

5. Holmes 

6. Munster

7. Keary 

Then throw in a forward pack of Haas, Papalii, Klemmer, Vaughan, Fifita, Cordner, J Trbojevic, Murray

and Harry Grant and Damien Cook hookers 

scary good side 

I don't think it will be a Keary / Munster half back partnership.  They both excel at 6 and would benefit from having a scrum half with a good organising / kicking game alongside them.

I personally think that Moses or Clearly at 7 and Keary at 6 is a better combination.

• Like 1

I’d pick Moses personally . I like what he brings , and this year in a team with expectation on its shoulders will tell us more about him . He’s ticking more and more boxes though . Cleary doesn’t have that individual brilliance to the same extent , but he’s a good organiser , string puller and increasingly is coming up with influential plays at big moments . Within a team dynamic I wouldn’t be surprised if they went with him . I wish we had these headaches mind ... they could shift Keary , they don’t fuss over doing that . Terrible issues  for them ...

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Five fullbacks . Can they loan us one ?

They can keep 'em! We have a fine tradition of producing jaw-dropping full backs. Paul Atcheson did things at No.1 for GB that defied logic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

They can keep 'em! We have a fine tradition of producing jaw-dropping full backs. Paul Atcheson did things at No.1 for GB that defied logic.

I don't think it is any exaggeration to say he was in a class of his own.

37 minutes ago, Scubby said:

My predict has never raised jaw instead of ball ever😁

On 05/07/2020 at 09:04, Arters said:

Cherry Evan's has got to be one  of the most over rated players ever in the nrl .

He offers nothing and cant even do the basics right week in week out a half back is supposed to do .

Having watched him live almost weekly for 3 years in Sydney until recently, I can safely say you're miles off chap. He's a great combination of an organising and running half, with a quality kicking game and great defence. Manly have had a series of challenges at 6 since Foran left though, often playing reserve grade standard 5/8ths due to squad depth and/or ridiculous bad luck with injury - at times that makes it easy to read that it'll all go through DCE when the other half is a placeholder. With him, Dylan Walker and Tom T on the pitch though that's an amazing attacking spine and it's Cherry-Evans who makes the trio tick - just like the Daly/Foran/Stewart premiership combo. 

If Manly can get the 3 on the pitch consistently come play off time, I can see them winning the comp

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Totally agree. 

Mitchell Moses is the half back choice of Lebanon. He was a star for  Lebanon in the 2017 WC, and he should be allowed to lead Lebanon in 2021.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Haha 1

Just now, Manfred Mann said:

Mitchell Moses is the half back choice of Lebanon. He was a star for  Lebanon in the 2017 WC, and he should be allowed to lead Lebanon in 2021

He will be allowed to but he won’t want to will he ? 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

He will be allowed to but he won’t want to will he ? 

Good question.

he's kev brown in disguise.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time