Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Thur 16 Jul: NRL: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders KO 10.50am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Sydney Roosters
    • Canberra Raiders

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/20 at 10:30

Roosters should win this one.

I think the Raiders are on the slide from here.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Sydney Roosters by 12 +

The loss of Josh Hodgson leaves a huge hole in the attacking capability of the Canberra Raiders.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sydney Roosters by 12 +

The loss of Josh Hodgson leaves a huge hole in the attacking capability of the Canberra Raiders.

It may improve them.

Roosters by lot's if they get off to a good start, Raiders heads have gone which was the case before Hodgsons injury, that's just added to it.

• Like 1

I really don't know how anyone can watch the two tries so far in this game and then say there are no skills anymore.

The first was three forwards combining with passing and offloads while second was great footwork and vision from a classy fullback throwing a long cut out pass.

• Like 1

I think Nicoll-Klokstad is in real danger of being a one hit wonder with his 2019 season.

For me, the biggest difference between the Raiders and the other contenders this year is the lack of a creative full back who adds that critical 3rd pivot option in attack.

20 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think Nicoll-Klokstad is in real danger of being a one hit wonder with his 2019 season.

For me, the biggest difference between the Raiders and the other contenders this year is the lack of a creative full back who adds that critical 3rd pivot option in attack.

He just delivered a nice kick leading to a try.

The Raiders attack certainly appears to have more ideas with Hodgson not playing and taking charge of everything 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Allora said:

He just delivered a nice kick leading to a try.

He did, yes.  Although I don't think one nice kick changes the overall picture.  He needs to improve his passing game (as Tedesco has done in the last year or two) to be right up there with the top fullbacks.

• Like 1

Great win!

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Good on the Raiders. 

The Roosters had a few golden weeks after the restart as they were the first to come to terms with the new interpretations, but other clubs have reeled them back in. 

33 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Pathetic attempt at a tackle from the alleged 'world's best player'

You’d be an idiot to suggest anyone else is better than him currently, and that’s coming from a Queenslander. 

• Like 2

Raiders look a better side in attack without Hodgson. Williams has a great running game but he doesn’t have a long kicking game, Wighton has a big boot on him but sometimes his accuracy is off. Roosters too complacent and that’s what lost it for them 

• Haha 1

Okay, who was the one person to pick the Raiders in this thread's poll? Chapeau!

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)