Casty not renewed by Catalans

Hvy wg

Mc Banana

This was amongst others an extremely difficult decision, Rémi expressed a desire to continue playing which I respect but we, as a club, had to assess the whole situation. We are an aging team and we are in the process of readdressing the balance. We need to create some opportunities for our younger players and take into account the current financial situation.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, fcl said:

Saving money is a good thing, but there is a way to do it. Parting with your captain who has more than 300 games with the team must be done with certain respects.
I wonder if the choice to separate from him does not come from the fact that he had recently expressed his desire to play for the national team again. And when we know the
We could have offered him a place in the staff, a reconversion project with a sponsor etc. I may be wrong but I have the impression that in England there is more respect for the former players and that their experience is valued more. If he is recruited by a club from another Super league club he will make a very good deal!

I don’t think the comparison with England is fair at all.  No doubt in my mind his picture will go alongside other greats at the Gilbert Brutus.

Remi has been a champion player.  Not many players get to win and hold the challenge cup - all on the front pages of the press.  

Im sure, at some stage in 2021, he will have his day down at the GB and the fans will lift the roof off in appreciation.

I don't really see how this is any different than any other player reaching the end of his career and no longer being wanted by the club. If Casty wishes to continue playing, as has been said, then Catalans are under no obligation to accommodate that.

Definitely. 

French players want to pass the ball and run from deep. None of that fits into the current game plan. 

Look at Escare and Gigot, both could probably get in the current side but they do the unexpected and that's not what the coaching encourages. 

We have become boring to watch, despite the relative success under McNamara. 

Worrying that in 2018 we were peoples 2nd favourite team for winning the cup as underdogs. 

In this playoff series people hated us and wanted us to lose because of the behaviour of two senior English players who should have been able to handle the play offs but couldn't. 

If I were Bernard I would be looking closely at what brings people to the Catalans Dragons. 

It's excitement and flair first, set completion and 5th tackle kicking last. 

(Apologies for the rant!) 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Im sure, at some stage in 2021, he will have his day down at the GB and the fans will lift the roof off in appreciation.

I doubt it will be 2021. I can see him playing another season and my money is on Toulouse getting him, regardless of which division they are playing in. 

33 minutes ago, langpark said:

I doubt it will be 2021. I can see him playing another season and my money is on Toulouse getting him, regardless of which division they are playing in. 

Probably right mate regarding TO but I meant presented before the game at the stadium. 

If not he’ll play on and eventually retire like most do!

42 minutes ago, jacobus said:

Definitely. 

French players want to pass the ball and run from deep. None of that fits into the current game plan. 

Look at Escare and Gigot, both could probably get in the current side but they do the unexpected and that's not what the coaching encourages. 

Worrying that in 2018 we were peoples 2nd favourite team for winning the cup as underdogs. 

In this playoff series people hated us and wanted us to lose because of the behaviour of two senior English players who should have been able to handle the play offs but couldn't. 

If I were Bernard I would be looking closely at what brings people to the Catalans Dragons. 

Does winning come into it?  

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

Definitely. 

Totally agree with you Jacobus the Dragons have been a totally boring team to watch recently (Toulouse over the last couple of seasons) have been far more entertaining along with Elite 1.

Banana coaching methods leave a lot to be desired .

15 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Does winning come into it?  

Yes. But not at the cost of entertainment, our identity and our point of difference. 

If you are going to Warrington an Wigan and getting 40-50 points put on you fairly regularly, why not at least try and play a bit rather than push for 5 tackles then kick it as far away from your line as you can to try and keep the score down?

When Millard scored that try and Saints all those years ago that was the team playing their way back into a game they had no right to win by doing something different. They challenged the norm and came out on top. 

When they are 18 points up i still don't fancy this Dragons side to hold on for the win. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

There's 20 French players in the Dragons 2020 squad. Take into account the four young lads on professional contracts Chan J, Cozza, Le Cam and Laguerre

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Chan is a kiwi Gordon. And out of the twenty how many have now left, albert, maria, simon, casty, belmas, baitieri and morgue in negotiations. 

Albert gave an interview last week and mc namara didn't get a glowing report from him, a bit of bad grapes, now casty has given an interview and he just never had any reply from mc namara since march when he said he was keeen to go around again, 

He didnt have an answer so didnt get to say goodbye to all the players in the changing rooms as moa and mead did. 

He's still given a good interview and came across as always as a gentleman. 

9 hours ago, barnyia said:

Chan is a kiwi Gordon. And out of the twenty how many have now left, albert, maria, simon, casty, belmas, baitieri and morgue in negotiations. 

Albert gave an interview last week and mc namara didn't get a glowing report from him, a bit of bad grapes, now casty has given an interview and he just never had any reply from mc namara since march when he said he was keeen to go around again, 

He didnt have an answer so didnt get to say goodbye to all the players in the changing rooms as moa and mead did. 

Where is this interview?

9 hours ago, barnyia said:

Surely the Chans now qualify for residency??? 

10 hours ago, langpark said:

Still, not homegrown players, which is what this whole debate was really about 

They've been here since their teens. Tiaki was playing for st Esteve when he was as young as 6. Been through the u16 to u23. 

It's plenty for me. 

11 hours ago, barnyia said:

Neither were  selected for france junior teams, they're definitely good enough, maybe they don't want to play for France yet. 

Bit of an understatement. Tiaki is reliable but Joe just runs through the field. 

15 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

They've been here since their teens. Tiaki was playing for st Esteve when he was as young as 6. Been through the u16 to u23. 

It's plenty for me. 

Is it plenty for him? Maybe he feels more kiwi than french? 

Archived