Jump to content

5-point strategy announced in France


langpark
 Share

Recommended Posts


I do like everything I have heard from Lacoste so far. It is obvious he knows what the issues are and has identified areas in which the game needs to do better, highlighted in this link and other threads. If he can deliver improvements in these areas then real progress can be made in France,

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

without leaving the realms of reality if FFR13 could in the next 5 years do the following

- increase grassroots participation of players, refs, coaches, administrators by 5% each year

- Increase Sponsorship for example Sponsors for French National teams & find Elite One & two competition naming rights sponsors 

- Work towards making Elite One equivalent in playing standards to UK Championship and getting direct P & R from Elite One to Super League for French sides

- Employ at least one good development officer with a proven track record of success to work in Paris/North of France to help increase participation and awareness of the sport.

-FFR13 to generally improve administration, organization, promotional abilities and communication both online and by traditional media.

Edited by kiwis 13 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, langpark said:

It all sounds good but making bullet points is much easier than implementing them. Best of luck to them though!

 

54 minutes ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

without leaving the realms of reality to much if FFR13 could in the next 5 years do the following

- aim to increase increase grassroots participation by a least 5% each year - to increasing number of players, refs, coaches, administrators

- Increase Sponsorship for example Sponsors for French National teams & find Elite One & two naming competition rights sponsors 

- Work towards making Elite One equivalent in playing standards to UK Championship and get direct P & R from Elite One to Super League for French sides

- Employ at least one good development officer with a proven track record of success to work in Paris/North of France to help increase participation and awareness of the sport.

-FFR13 to generally improve administration & organization of competitions and communication both online and by traditional media.

 

Promotion to Super League would be very ambitious. A League One equivalent with promotion to the Championship could probably be done now in terms of playing quality and could end up with a number of French clubs playing at Championship level but of course that's harder in terms of making it financially and logistically viable. 

Edited by fevtom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, fevtom said:

It all sounds good but making bullet points is much easier than implementing them. Best of luck to them though!

I enjoy a good collection of bullet points as much as the next person... but actually doing and achieving things is the way to go.                          

Edited by kiwis 13 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

It all sounds good but making bullet points is much easier than implementing them. Best of luck to them though!

 

Promotion to Super League would be very ambitious. A League One equivalent with promotion to the Championship could probably be done now in terms of playing quality and could end up with a number of French clubs playing at Championship level but of course that's harder in terms of making it financially and logistically viable. 

Making Elite 1 the League 1 feeder is also financially worthless and unattractive. If the French team only has a year the publicity and kudos makes people putting money in more likely. Plus are we sure there will be a League 1 in a few years. 

Edited by ShropshireBull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent, I have been saying for a very long time on these pages that the FFR need to give the game in France a good dose of looking at to realise the potential it could acheive, and not just sit back as many on these pages consider it should be down to the  RFL/SL and having 2 French clubs in SL will appease everything.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Its also financially worthless and unattractive. If the French team only has a year the publicity and kudos makes people putting money in more 

Yes, but if they play in the same competition equal measures should apply to all, it is totally unethical and immoral that teams who could fare better on the field of play IN THE VERY SAME LEAGUE STRUCTURE should suffer jeapordy whilst a worse performing team can be saved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

without leaving the realms of reality if FFR13 could in the next 5 years do the following

- increase grassroots participation of players, refs, coaches, administrators by 5% each year

- Increase Sponsorship for example Sponsors for French National teams & find Elite One & two competition naming rights sponsors 

- Work towards making Elite One equivalent in playing standards to UK Championship and getting direct P & R from Elite One to Super League for French sides

- Employ at least one good development officer with a proven track record of success to work in Paris/North of France to help increase participation and awareness of the sport.

-FFR13 to generally improve administration, organization, promotional abilities and communication both online and by traditional media.

You want direct promotion to SL for clubs from Elite one so are you proposing to relegate 2 clubs from SL or deny promotion to clubs from the championship?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, but if they play in the same competition equal measures should apply to all, it is totally unethical and immoral that teams who could fare better on the field of play IN THE VERY SAME LEAGUE STRUCTURE should suffer jeapordy whilst a worse performing team can be saved.

Chanpionship and Élite 1 should be equal.  If we have p and r it is no different than conference north and south. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is time France stood on their own two feet.

I supported Catalans joining SL and support Toulouse joining also. But I don't agree with people immediately pointing to integration with England as the 'magic solution'. 

They have the population and the playing numbers to develop a good national league of their own, eventually. If they continually keep haemorrageing their strongest clubs to England, they will only keep on weakening their own competition. 

They should have ambitions of rivalling SL themselves some day. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, langpark said:

It is time France stood on their own two feet.

I supported Catalans joining SL and support Toulouse joining also. But I don't agree with people immediately pointing to integration with England as the 'magic solution'. 

They have the population and the playing numbers to develop a good national league of their own, eventually. If they continually keep haemorrageing their strongest clubs to England, they will only keep on weakening their own competition. 

They should have ambitions of rivalling SL themselves some day. 

Never going to happen in the foreseeable future unfortunately unless rugby league in France gains traction in terms of popularity and increased funding through the dragons and hopefully Toulouse using super league as a vehicle and shop window to expose itself to the French public.

I too hope that one day French RL becomes so strong that both Catalan and Toulouse rejoin the domestic league structure in France but until then their needs to be 2-3 French teams competing in the U.K. league structures playing with a majority French playing squad and academy sides.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/12/2020 at 09:02, Harry Stottle said:

OK then, well I propose a play of for each of the Champion clubs on a home and away basis, would that suit? 

 

No because I would have a promotion spot for both and 2 french teams minimum in SL.  Will mean a french team will probably be relegated from SL every year for several years but offers a clear pathway for clubs and investors in France as well as areason for French Tv to show SL and Elite 1.  This is all pie in the sky because you would need a 14 team SL and 2 relegation spots. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

No because I would have a promotion spot for both and 2 french teams minimum in SL.  Will mean a french team will probably be relegated from SL every year for several years but offers a clear pathway for clubs and investors in France as well as areason for French Tv to show SL and Elite 1.  This is all pie in the sky because you would need a 14 team SL and 2 relegation spots. 

Considering there is only one P&R spot in either direction up for grabs, and I doubt because of financial restraints SL will ever increase in numbers, so if the FFR as you suggest were to be accepted into the British game per se as a seperate conferance then the only way to decide the promoted team would have to be a final eliminator between the respective Champion teams, how else would it be done?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a fruitful conversation yesterday with the new head of PR for the FRL (Jean Charles Tolsa) he informed me that the No 1 priority is the Elite 1 league and to add 2 extra clubs in time.

Toulon/Lyon are priorities as well as helping Carpentras improve standards (This would re-create the local derby with Avignon) 

Meeting up in the new year to assist with the plan re sponsors etc.

 

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

After a fruitful conversation yesterday with the new head of PR for the FRL (Jean Claude Tolsa) he informed me that the No 1 priority is the Elite 1 league and to add 2 extra clubs in time.

Toulon/Lyon are priorities as well as helping Carpentras improve standards (This would re-create the local derby with Avignon) 

Meeting up in the new year to assist with the plan re sponsors etc.

 

Are there any plans for Marseille Avenir?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Valencia are still serious about a professional club it would seem sensible for them to join the French system, at least initially. They’re obviously not wanted by SL/RFL and a big city Spanish presence might help raise the game’s profile in France also. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

         Just looking through my old Rugby mags.Results from Internationals in the 60's GBvFrance played 22 GB w11 -France w 10 and 1 draw.France v New Zealand  New Zealand w7 France w 5 -2 draws. France v Australia played 16  Aussies w10 France w4 and 2 drawn games.So France did have enough quality players to compete at a good level then.With proper investment and a will to improve they should be able to be competitive again if enough players can be attracted to the game along with coaches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...