And now the news where you are.

The last 10 days in West Kelowna have followed this pattern

1. Wake up, dig out the previous nights snowfall

2. Walk dog in knee deep snowdrifts

3. Manage to get car out for trip to hospital for treatment 

4. Road grifters finally show up around 3pm

5. Four hours later snow starts again!

Repeat!

Nothing on the news, everyone’s too busy shoveling snow!

5 hours ago, Oldbear said:

The last 10 days in West Kelowna have followed this pattern

1. Wake up, dig out the previous nights snowfall

2. Walk dog in knee deep snowdrifts

3. Manage to get car out for trip to hospital for treatment 

4. Road grifters finally show up around 3pm

5. Four hours later snow starts again!

Repeat!

Nothing on the news, everyone’s too busy shoveling snow!

Much the same in Leigh at the moment , another 1 1/2 inch fell last night , not sure how we'll get to the shop ? 🤔😁

Check out "Angry People In Local Newspapers" on facebook for the best local news.

People pulling angry, confused or despairing faces at pencil necked Council desk jockeys.
Squatting as if they are doing a poo and pointing at potholes.
Fuming because their child has been sent home from school for an unlawful haircut
See how Christmas was "ruined" because Aldi had run out of puddings

and much more!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Much the same in Leigh at the moment , another 1 1/2 inch fell last night , not sure how we'll get to the shop ? 🤔😁

New Years Eve morning here and yes, more snow! At least it won’t disrupt people’s nights out, since we have just got a new provincial health order closing bars, restaurants and liquor stores from 8pm tonight. Just hope it doesn’t drive a bunch of parties underground.

Wigan bin collections running late due to adverse weather conditions.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The local restaurant accepted too may orders. The queue is literally twice around the block. A chap I spoke with had queued 3 and a half hours and was expecting another hour. Talk was it might lose a Michelin star.

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/rene-stod-i-ko-i-over-tre-timer-inden-han-opgav-at-fa-sin-mad-en-traels-start-p

Also...

Police are gathering at the palace to stop people gathering.

Politiet til stede ved Amalienborg

Som Københavns Politi havde bebudet, så var de til stede ved Amalienborg for at sikre, at folk holdt den nødvendige sikkerhedsafstand til hinanden under dronning Margrethes nytårstale.

78feb7a6-555a-4060-b1ef-d8576802372a.jpe Foto: presse-fotos.dk
097bc16d-202c-40f4-998c-440065dd579a.jpe

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 1 month later...

Forgot I started this thread. 

Thought I'd share this horrible story with the group.

100 ducks have been shot up at the top end of the River Hull near Driffield, many are dead, many many more injured. The story suggests it was done purely for pleasure and amusement and nothing else. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, absolute b@stards whoever has done it, they need f***ing shooting! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Forgot I started this thread. 

Thought I'd share this horrible story with the group.

100 ducks have been shot up at the top end of the River Hull near Driffield, many are dead, many many more injured. The story suggests it was done purely for pleasure and amusement and nothing else. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, absolute b@stards whoever has done it, they need f***ing shooting! 

Looks like this is the third time this has happened in a month: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/mallard-massacre-100-ducks-shot-4971935 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

My Cousins husband didn't even know there were Sky Channels 951 upwards to show BBC;s local News all around the country, he had never been above Ch 408 as he is a Man Utd fan. He wasn't aware of the ch 501+ News channels. "I don't speak Russian of French so why should I watch RT or France 24"? He said.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

From the Angry People In Local Newspapers:

I can explain this mystery duck. It's a Cayuga, an American domestic breed mainly for show. It's actually a drake. The females are pure black.

141027286_10164822504595161_911597966670

Poolstock Lane, a B road, used as major route by way to much traffic including huge trucks is having traffic calming measures and a 20mph limit to encourage people to use the new relief road a 40 mph dual carriage way. Despite reducing traffic, pollution, noise and increasing safety, locals are up in arms because it will take 30 seconds longer to travel from one end to the other.

Note, the road is that busy at rush hour you only manage 10mph if lucky.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Hastings and St. Leonards has a very strong artistic history, maybe they should just leave it be. 

That unexploded bomb in Exeter? Not unexploded any more! Brief (and entirely justified) NSFW language.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

That unexploded bomb in Exeter? Not unexploded any more! Brief (and entirely justified) NSFW language.

I'd be swearing a *lot* more than that

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 23/02/2021 at 21:33, Bleep1673 said:

Hastings and St. Leonards has a very strong artistic history, maybe they should just leave it be. 

50980034217_a54041ee15_z.jpg

It's still there ...