Herbie Farnworth right now

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Percival isn’t up to test rugby,Gildart is unproven at that level & Hardaker has only played 1 season in the position,King I’ll agree with.

Wane thinks Percival is and has commented as such. Gildart will be fine, too. What I’m saying is, there’s four players there to fill two slots and then a handful of players for the future should they kick on. We’re not as light in the centres as we have been in the past. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Wane thinks Percival is and has commented as such. Gildart will be fine, too. What I’m saying is, there’s four players there to fill two slots and then a handful of players for the future should they kick on. We’re not as light in the centres as we have been in the past. 

I think the list of current centres to choose from is....

Hardaker

Percival

Gildart

King

Farnworth

Watkins 

Thornley 

Sutcliffe

Griffin 

Newman

Wardle

I'll obviously get ridiculed for some of these but I think whoever performs the best consistently out of these should get the nod.

They'll definitely need to step up when the play each other.

11 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

Why aren't the likes of Pervival, Gildart and others proving themselves in the NRL?

I’ve he

Why aren't the likes of Pervival, Gildart and others proving themselves in the NRL?

Not every player wants to move 12,000 miles away.

22 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I think the list of current centres to choose from is....

Hardaker

Percival

Gildart

King

Farnworth

Watkins 

Thornley 

Sutcliffe

Griffin 

Newman

Wardle

I'll obviously get ridiculed for some of these but I think whoever performs the best consistently out of these should get the nod.

They'll definitely need to step up when the play each other.

Newman and Griffin should be a lot higher but yes, that’s the list of natural centres. Bateman can also play centre but probably shouldn’t. 

Again, I disagree. Why don't more English players want to play in the world's best RL competition?

Many reasons.  Living away is not for everyone, especially when they do not have a strong family around them, the new Club isn’t so supportive, accommodations isn’t right or they have the ability to quickly gain new friends are just a few.

The main reason is that NRL clubs think they are not right to sign.

1 hour ago, Alan Robertson said:

Why should they, if players  want to play in the NRL okay but its not compulsory. Great players have played all their careers in our country. Also plenty of squad players have gone to the NRL and succeeded . 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Newman and Griffin should be a lot higher but yes, that’s the list of natural centres. Bateman can also play centre but probably shouldn’t. 

It wasn't in any order it was just in the order they came into my head. I rate Griffin

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Percival isn’t up to test rugby,Gildart is unproven at that level & Hardaker has only played 1 season in the position,King I’ll agree with.

I though Gildart went very well against NZ the last time they were over here, scoring a superb try?

41 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Why should they, if players  want to play in the NRL okay but its not compulsory. Great players have played all their careers in our country. Also plenty of squad players have gone to the NRL and succeeded . 

Staying in England is not challenging enough for the top players, in my opinion. If they're good enough, they should do everything possible to gain an NRL contract.

1 minute ago, Alan Robertson said:

Staying in England is not challenging enough for the top players, in my opinion. If they're good enough, they should do everything possible to gain an NRL contract.

They can gain NRL contracts and numerous players have turned down NRL contracts. I'm not sure why its that difficult to comprehend that not every player wishes to go.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

They can gain NRL contracts and numerous players have turned down NRL contracts. I'm not sure why its that difficult to comprehend that not every player wishes to go.

Let's 'change sports', if a 'round ball' player from Australia stayed Down Under, they wouldn't be challenging themselves as much as they would in the Premier League (for example).

The reverse applies for rugby league.

7 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

It was too challenging for some established nrl players not playing in the NRL but playing in SL plenty have flopped over here. But seriously if all players play in the NRL and other leagues are left with lower quality players the international game will vanish. We need more leagues playing in more countries and not just to feed the NRL. 

3 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

Let's 'change sports', if a 'round ball' player from Australia stayed Down Under, they wouldn't be challenging themselves as much as they would in the Premier League (for example).

The reverse applies for rugby league.

It doesn't.

You've essentially repeated yourself 6 times now. You've been told pretty much the same answer by 5 different posters. You just don't like it.

27 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I though Gildart went very well against NZ the last time they were over here, scoring a superb try?

Yeah he looked pretty solid in the first 2 tests,a pity injury and other circumstances have prevented him from building on that series.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

Just because you say so doesn’t make them wrong either.

Absolutely, it's subjective. Several posters are adamant that their opinion is correct, I am adamant that mine is correct. Neither side could 'win' based on the superficial level of 'evidence' presented.

Archived