Herbie Farnworth right now

7 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Herbie's still got a few errors in him and looks like he could fill out a bit more, but he looks class. 

I have to defend the Pommy here, one thing is praising him, it`s another altogether thing defending him, but I like the kid and I just don`t know what errors you are referring to, certainly hasn`t been handling, couple of times I thought he might have passed to his winger but all centres frustratingly do that, unless you mean positionally and I have to say I haven`t noticed any glaringly bad reads in defence to say that. So I`m not quite sure what you are referring to Rhino.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the personal abuse towards Percival is out of line. 

I would be happy enough with any of Newman, Gildart, Farnworth or Percival, as I think they are all very good players. We have more options there than for a few years, even if none of them is in the Senior/Connolly class. At least they are all good enough that we can play Bateman in the second row. 

What errors? I mean like last week when he passed into touch trying a forced offload in a good attacking position. I think he's class and he'll get better.  What I really like about him is his footwork, he makes defenders stop and makes good ground with the ball pretty much every carry.

6 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I think the personal abuse towards Percival is out of line. 

I would be happy enough with any of Newman, Gildart, Farnworth or Percival, as I think they are all very good players. We have more options there than for a few years, even if none of them is in the Senior/Connolly class. At least they are all good enough that we can play Bateman in the second row. 

Personal abuse is garbage in any format

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Toby King should be ahead of Percival and Gildart and that’s not even taking account of Farnworth, Newman and Wardle. Great to have a decent stock of centres for once

Irish international!

6 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

What errors? I mean like last week when he passed into touch trying a forced offload in a good attacking position. I think he's class and he'll get better.  What I really like about him is his footwork, he makes defenders stop and makes good ground with the ball pretty much every carry.

So 1 error,he’s a right off then.

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Toby King should be ahead of Percival and Gildart and that’s not even taking account of Farnworth, Newman and Wardle. Great to have a decent stock of centres for once

And beyond this, the next tranche of centres, other than Young, we have Simm and Broadbent who look really good and then the likes of Corey Hall and Connor Wrench. Hanley could also end up as a centre

Farnworth had a really good game but i wouldnt get too exited just yet taking in to account the dogs are absolutely woeful and his opposing centre yesterday "Hopoate" has been stealing a living in the nrl for the last 4 years at least- lets see how he fares against  zak lomax, bradman best and campell graham etc before we start throwing england caps around

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

Farnworth had a really good game but i wouldnt get too exited just yet taking in to account the dogs are absolutely woeful and his opposing centre yesterday "Hopoate" has been stealing a living in the nrl for the last 4 years at least- lets see how he fares against  zak lomax, bradman best and campell graham etc before we start throwing england caps around

Didn’t look out of place against them last season.

I don’t get the hype with farnworth? Yes he’s playing in a struggling broncos team but I haven’t seen anything stand out from the lad yet.

just because he’s playing in the NRL doesn’t make him an international. He has potential yes but nothing more at this stage.

as for young, jeeze he can’t even get a regular starting spot in the 1st team and people think he’s an international 🤣🤣🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 29/03/2021 at 08:26, Saint Toppy said:

I don’t get the hype with farnworth? Yes he’s playing in a struggling broncos team but I haven’t seen anything stand out from the lad yet.

just because he’s playing in the NRL doesn’t make him an international. He has potential yes but nothing more at this stage.

as for young, jeeze he can’t even get a regular starting spot in the 1st team and people think he’s an international 🤣🤣🤣

This. 

I’m yet to see anything to suggest he’s a regular NRL player let alone an international centre. 

55 minutes ago, Damien said:

You could say that about many NRL superstars and teams over the years.

you could but if he was picked for england it would be a similar story thats all

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Hardaker could take one of the centre spots, if he plays a lot of the season there. He looks in superb condition, and has even got his speed back. On form, he is a different league from Farnworth (so far, Farnworth may improve). A good test for how good a player is, is whether he would be in the frame for SoO if available. If not, then England needs a better player. Of the Brits over there (is Radley a Brit?) maybe Hodgson, T Burgess or Hodgson might get a look in if there are a few injuries... 

19 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Hardaker could take one of the centre spots, if he plays a lot of the season there. He looks in superb condition, and has even got his speed back. On form, he is a different league from Farnworth (so far, Farnworth may improve). A good test for how good a player is, is whether he would be in the frame for SoO if available. If not, then England needs a better player. Of the Brits over there (is Radley a Brit?) maybe Hodgson, T Burgess or Hodgson might get a look in if there are a few injuries... 

I agree that Farnworth may need another year or two but he does look to be a great prospect.

Using SoO as a measuring stick or test to see if he is good enough is a bit silly. Using that system would probably eliminate half the England team! Would any of Percival, Hardaker, Gildart, King, Wardle, Newman be in the frame for SoO?

4 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

This. 

I’m yet to see anything to suggest he’s a regular NRL player let alone an international centre. 

Not claiming he is international standard yet as he's a kid, but Farnworth played 19 out of 20 possible NRL games last season and every game this season so far, how regular do you want?

7 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Not claiming he is international standard yet as he's a kid, but Farnworth played 19 out of 20 possible NRL games last season and every game this season so far, how regular do you want?

To phrase it better, I’m not sure what he’s done in his appearances for Brisbane that continue to get him picked and in with a discussion of an England jumper. 

45 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

To phrase it better, I’m not sure what he’s done in his appearances for Brisbane that continue to get him picked and in with a discussion of an England jumper. 

In regards to England he’s in the same category as Newman,Young & Wardle,youthful,inexperienced but talented players in a position we don’t really have many other options.

35 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Well, 2 different NRL coaches both seem to think he's doing enough to keep getting selected for Brisbane each week.

I'd agree he's not currently first choice for an England shirt but its still early days in 2021 so let's see how he's going in another 4-5 months.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

In regards to England he’s in the same category as Newman,Young & Wardle,youthful,inexperienced but talented players in a position we don’t really have many other options.

Percival, Gildart, Hardaker, King and Newman, Wardle and Farnworth as complete wildcards. Ultimately, we’re stronger in other positions but I don’t think it’s a position we’re massively light in, as we have been in the past. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Percival, Gildart, Hardaker, King and Newman, Wardle and Farnworth as complete wildcards. Ultimately, we’re stronger in other positions but I don’t think it’s a position we’re massively light in, as we have been in the past. 

Percival isn’t up to test rugby,Gildart is unproven at that level & Hardaker has only played 1 season in the position,King I’ll agree with.

Archived