Herbie Farnworth right now

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Or because Percival debuted in 2016, played in the World Cup in 2017, played against France in 2018 and only didn’t play in 2019 during the failed GB debacle because he was injured in the Grand Final but yeah, must be that. 

I'm not the only person who said that his impression was "lights are on but no-ones at home" or "lift doesn't go to the top floor".

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He is by all accounts. Accusing him of being thick on a rugby field is the stuff of people who watch him twice a season. It’s incredible. 

Didn't accuse him of being thick on a Rugby field at all

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Didn't accuse him of being thick on a Rugby field at all

He’s simply not good enough at Test level,we’ll not lose anything by giving the likes of Farnworth,Wardle,Newman a go.

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

What qualifications do they need to play rugby league, then? It’s a bizarre stick to be using to beat someone with. 

That is how the world works mate. Sound thick, come across as thick, you've got to be exceptional at something to overcome that in built judgement. 

Plenty say the same about Baz and Tez every week.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

That is how the world works mate. Sound thick, come across as thick, you've got to be exceptional at something to overcome that in built judgement. 

Plenty say the same about Baz and Tez every week.

Yes, that’s how discrimination works Thomas.

If we’re worrying how northern men speak and come across on TV instead of their ability, we’re boarding up the sport for good and leaving it to the posh lads down south. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Yes, that’s how discrimination works Thomas.

If we’re worrying how northern men speak and come across on TV instead of their ability, we’re boarding up the sport for good and leaving it to the posh lads down south. 

Thomas is incorrect.

There's nothing wrong with an accent, I've not said that at all. Equating an accent with intelligence is your conscious bias not mine, if it was, I'd be stuffed.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Thomas is incorrect.

There's nothing wrong with an accent, I've not said that at all. Equating an accent with intelligence is your conscious bias not mine, if it was, I'd be stuffed.

Yes, you are incorrect to judge someone off of their accent alone. 

13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Yes, you are incorrect to judge someone off of their accent alone. 

Which I haven't, I've collated the information I can, including team mate testimony, and deduced quite reasonably that he's not the brightest bobbin

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I mean to pick Bateman over him there consistently says it all really.

Can't say I've seen enough of Farnworth tbh but if he's cutting it in the NRL as a Back then he should be in the squad without doubt.

Played very well today 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Percival and Gildart are not International quality. Well not if you want to win anything.

They are both very good players at SL level however they would not be likely to make Origin so I can see what you mean about their quality. International quality IMO is about is a Player Origin level. Gildart and Percival are not quite at that level IMO.

OZ have amazing depth in the backs. England do not. Williams aside, We lack Star Backs. Who else do we have who would be an NRL stand out? Makinson? Tomkins? Johnstone?

The big difference between England and OZ / NZ is the Backs.  In the Forwards England have parity or even an edge.

If Farnworth is an NRL starter in the Backs he has to be in the England squad and probably even the 17.

I`ve been saying this since I saw him last year, his work ethic is second to none, always takes a hit up coming out of their own end..always, strong defensively and a really good physique as well, can really put some muscle on that 21 year old frame, good footwork and has obviously been working on his passing game.

If you`ve got better centres than Farnsworth things must be good, at the end of the year he`d have to be a must for me.

5 hours ago, Damien said:

He did of course play for St Pats before going to Australia and had his uncle Brian Foley, with all his contacts to guide and mentor him. Its not really a route open to most. Fair play to him though because he did back himself and achieve his goal.

Also played for Newton Storm. You’re right that Brian Foley had a massive hand in his development. But from a very early age, it was the Australian route that he targeted. With Brian’s contacts in the game in the UK, it would’ve been an easier for him to have landed up in an SL club. Wigan were especially pi**ed off that he didn’t sign for them, given the St Pats and Brian’s connection with the club.

I was at the game last night. It was a terrible game but Farnsworth absolutely killed it. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.

new rise.jpg

12 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

I don’t think that NRL clubs are actively scouting British amateur clubs. Maybe they should. Herbie made sure he came to the attention of Brisbane by going over to Australia during his summer holidays from his early teens, playing in the local comp. That’s where Broncos spotted him. He wasn’t signed from a British club. He deserves all the success he can get because he made his dream happen.

Herbie did exactly what Theo Fages did, coming to a foreign country as an unknown teenager. It has paid off handsomely for Theo, who is now a fixture at Super League’s most powerful club..

The difference is that Theo travelled 760 miles and Herbie travelled 12,000 miles to succeed.

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

To be fair he probably is and a runout for Jamaica in the World Cup won’t harm his development 

I will give it a few months before you Young is in that Newcastle team. 

He is already in the 21 match day squad 

4 hours ago, Pulga said:

I was at the game last night. It was a terrible game but Farnsworth absolutely killed it. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.

What about PNG international winger Xavier Coates?

Farnworth is one of the most promising centres in the NRL. In a better team, he'd already be a star. I think by the end of the year he'll be England's first centre picked.

Dom Young is doing ok for Newcastle on debut today. Caught out in defence a couple of times early, but solid since then. Not looking out of his depth, which is all you can ask of a teenager in their first game.

1 hour ago, ghost crayfish said:

Farnworth is one of the most promising centres in the NRL. In a better team, he'd already be a star. I think by the end of the year he'll be England's first centre picked.

Dom Young is doing ok for Newcastle on debut today. Caught out in defence a couple of times early, but solid since then. Not looking out of his depth, which is all you can ask of a teenager in their first game.

Great to see that Dom Young has made his NRL debut already 

Archived