On our travels again to Doncaster(Eagles)

RogerT

WOW!!!!! We made hard work of that. Thought we were out of it half way through 2nd half against a good eagles display.  We couldn't get nowhere with their line speed, and played a lot of one man rugby. Then out of nowt a try. Once we got in front there was only going to be 1 winner. We'll done to the lads for having belief in yourselves. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

WOW!!!!! We made hard work of that. Thought we were out of it half way through 2nd half against a good eagles display.  We couldn't get nowhere with their line speed, and played a lot of one man rugby. Then out of nowt a try. Once we got in front there was only going to be 1 winner. We'll done to the lads for having belief in yourselves. 

We always looked dangerous down their end I thought. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

5 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Did you enjoy that Frank.

Yes I did Roger but a bit of a heart stopper. I thought we were gone at times but a great finish and and some great tries.

45 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Let's not forget they also had a short turnaround from trip to Newcastle. Credit not only to players but the fitness coaches as well. Also the squad has some great replacements that slot in well. 

Cant remember an overall group of players as good for a long long time. 

Brilliant. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I thought we played well when we settled into the game I thought our pack was better than Sheffield’s with Leak & Kaye playing off them we lost Logan early on with injury look a knee to the back... I thought we just allowed Sheffield to play off the QTB and didn’t wanna give penalties away which helped I thought White Gilmore and Hooley all stood up with the ball Hall took his try well he reminds of Linners when he first broke into our squad off the bench 

gledhill & JB won us it when they came back on too with their 3/4 runs which ended up with our own QTB  which saw Leak and Gilmore create the tries 

17 minutes ago, colinb said:

Let's not forget they also had a short turnaround from trip to Newcastle. Credit not only to players but the fitness coaches as well. Also the squad has some great replacements that slot in well. 

Cant remember an overall group of players as good for a long long time. 

Brilliant. 

Must agree with you Colin. What a team cl has put together. There is a lot more inventiveness near the try line that have seen for quite a few years. I have been saying for years that we should kick over the top and chase against flat footed defences,  and now it's coming off. Everytime we get into the oppositions 20 it looks like we can score. Great to see set moves coming off.

Storming performance tonight. Well done lads, not just for the outstanding  win, but for keeping your discipline following some very bizarre decision making by the ref. 

I'm usually quite a fan of Hewer, but I thought he had an absolute shocker tonight. Everything he had to interpret seemed to miraculously go against us.

I wondered if he'd had a directive from the RFL part way through that, maybe as a result of Linners criticism of them failing to delay the Newcastle kick off?

Even the commentators mentioned a few of the strange calls.

Agree with Fredm we need a bit more consistency from the kicking T, it's great having any number of blokes who can kick goals but we need to settle on and get results from one who can convert 6 tries to at least 5 goals. Be it Hooley, White, Morton or Gilmore and don't forget Gledhill was signed by JK as a goal-kicking forward. Somebody mentioned the contribution made by Jack Blag, rarely gets a mention in the MOM lists but he's storming it IMO just now, always tackled everything but since Widnes he's been big at taking it up and making yards. 

9 minutes ago, phildog said:

Agree with Fredm we need a bit more consistency from the kicking T, it's great having any number of blokes who can kick goals but we need to settle on and get results from one who can convert 6 tries to at least 5 goals. Be it Hooley, White, Morton or Gilmore and don't forget Gledhill was signed by JK as a goal-kicking forward. Somebody mentioned the contribution made by Jack Blag, rarely gets a mention in the MOM lists but he's storming it IMO just now, always tackled everything but since Widnes he's been big at taking it up and making yards. 

Absolutely correct about Blagbrough. 

I don't think that I have ever seen Manning play better than last nights game, especially when Sheffield were on the front foot in the second half and we looked to be fading.  I thought that it was an extraordinary effort from him.  

13 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

We always looked dangerous down their end I thought. 

I think I understand what you mean, or at least I hope I do.

😉

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think I understand what you mean, or at least I hope I do.

😉

say no more 

say no more 

no what I mean,nudge! nudge!

unnamed.jpg

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

That blue strip looked  great on the Dogs far better than the cerise.

Apart from trying to clear the ball  in the in goal area I thought Hooley had a terrific game. This guy going to score  lot of tries.

Everybody knows that I wasn't Hooley's biggest fan when Craig brought him in in 2020, but I can't argue that he hasn't used the off-time to improve his physique which has done him the world of good offensively, enough to say that he's a worthy successor to Scotty and developing as well as Storey and Lingard in a long line of Batley full-backs. Defensively I don't know as not many opposition players have got as far as him yet!!

16 hours ago, frank said:

That blue strip looked  great on the Dogs far better than the cerise.

Apart from trying to clear the ball  in the in goal area I thought Hooley had a terrific game. This guy going to score  lot of tries.

He's has really got sl potential. Didn't realise how fast he is. Also jc looks to found that bit more under the bonnet.

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

He's has really got sl potential. Didn't realise how fast he is. Also jc looks to found that bit more under the bonnet.

Agreed about JC, I thought his best days were behind him and seemed to be a bit sluggish in the few games we had last season.. He is has found his mojo again and is like a new signing...credit to Linners and the coaching staff for getting the best out of the lads.. 

Archived