Sat 29 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 18:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/21 at 17:30

First try to the home side, with McIlorum scoring against his alma mater.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

First try to the home side, with McIlorum scoring against his alma mater.

Wigan's defence was more like Alma off Coronation Street.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Child sends it up as 'no try' on the 'Wigan of the doubt' rule. Video ref looks very hard but cant find any reason to disallow.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Catalans go 12:0 up with a converted Samkins try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Child sends it up as 'no try' on the 'Wigan of the doubt' rule. Video ref looks very hard but cant find any reason to disallow.

Have a day off, your blood pressure will thank you.

Wigan looking pretty dire here. Considering they have absolutely no go forward, 12-0 is flattering them.

4 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

Have a day off, your blood pressure will thank you.

Wigan looking pretty dire here. Considering they have absolutely no go forward, 12-0 is flattering them.

Which bit are you disputing? There was nothing wrong with the try but the VR had about 15 looks.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Which bit are you disputing? There was nothing wrong with the try but the VR had about 15 looks.

I agree with you that it was clearly a try. I dispute he sent it up as a no try or not given immediately because "it's Wigan".

Les Catalans are doing to Wigan what they did to St Helens - playing with a very un-Catalan discipline and teamwork that allows their physicality and skills to be effective, instead of frittered away on penalties.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Maloney misses the penalty, so they still lead 12:0.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

they still lead 12:0.

And suddenly they don't, as Samkins burrows in at the corner.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16:0 at HT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Catalan have battered Wigan this half. Not often teams can do that. Very impressive.

They can and have quite easily this year. I dread when we play saints and warrington.

1 minute ago, 7723 said:

They can and have quite easily this year. I dread when we play saints and warrington.

Yep. Wigan have been lucky in that they've played teams that they could simply be fitter than and scrape through.

Just now, Northern Eel said:

That was pretty dominant from start to finish. catalans may need to repeat that in the second half though, as Wigan will surely improve.

Yup, weren't Leigh 18 zip up when they played Wiggun?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has'nt the Catalan Winger got a lovely frame, ask Jon Wells he seems obsessed with it!

Jon Wells is trying to frame the discussion for the viewer.

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Catalan have battered Wigan this half. Not often teams can do that. Very impressive.

Wigan giving away penalties and when have moved forward have offered up poor choice of kicks... short and high, not kicking low and deep to even try to pen tbem back.  Throw in poor penalties and Catalans easy to play inside Wigans 20.

Even if Wigan get any tries, we will not kick any conversions.

I'm afraid, Wigan are too weak at hooker. Any get forward starts there and Powell is not good enough.

But Wigan are very disjointed.  Short of a center and as a result the back row not working

Archived