Paul Vaughan To Super League

35 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I mean, I’ve provided the evidence that an out of season drugs ban in the NRL is not an offence that is punished with a ban in Super League, as I said further up when you questioned me on it, so, no, I’m not wrong on that point. 

A ban for bio security reasons in the NRL, like the out of season drugs ban, is not an offence that is punished with a ban here, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to me if any Super League club who did sign him, if any do, raised this point with the governing bodies of the sport, as Saints did with the Barba ban. 

Show me the rules then.  

Show me the Rules here regarding such an act as Vaughan has committed.

Any NRLban has the same consequence over here as ST has said. McManus was wrong and it cost him.

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

If Wigan won't spend 250k py on George Williams, I can't see them paying big money for a prop who will likely disappear back to the NRL at the first opportunity.

Could be mate.  It also could be miles out that Wigan would want him or are even interested.  I think they would have him on their radar though.

57 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Show me the rules then.  

Show me the Rules here regarding such an act as Vaughan has committed.

Any NRLban has the same consequence over here as ST has said. McManus was wrong and it cost him.

You want to see where Super League players have signed up to the NRL bio security rules and restrictions? 

I've only just read the story. I assume he'll be signed by Warrington or Leeds on a two year contract. Then go back after 12 months a new man. 

8 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

he has an 8 game ban- if a player is injured for 8 matches they dont go rushing for a sl contract- ok he has no club but the way the dragons are now and have been  treating players is baffling!

He’s been sacked mate and you can expect the NRL not to register any contract for him until his previous contract with the Dragons was due to expire. 

He’s looking for a club in 2022. It won’t be in Australia.

17 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Looking at him as a player, he’d be a good signing for anyone. As a bloke, there’s question marks but we’ve had plenty like that over here.  

Why are there question marks about him as a bloke? Is it because he had a few mates round his house when he wasn’t supposed to, or have I missed something?

16 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

That was a drugs ban and the rules here were different for that offence. Saints appealed and weren’t successful. Vaughan’s NRL ban will likely not be recognised by Super League either because of the bio security rules they have, whereas we have none at all, so it’s a murky one again. 

No, the RFL agreed a deal several years ago that each would recognise each others player bans. So his 8 games stands for the UK & France too. Even Catalans can't find a way to sign this grubby player to get him on the pitch any earlier 😉

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Why are there question marks about him as a bloke? Is it because he had a few mates round his house when he wasn’t supposed to, or have I missed something?

Because this isn't just one incident, the guy has a long history of off field 'indiscretions'. He left Canberra under a cloud (though from memory they never released the full details of what had happened). Seems he's continued his stupidity with the Dragons. 

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

Dylan Napa’s off contract and been more trouble than he’s worth lately 

Your right. Before the pie munchers start getting all excited thinking they're getting Luke Thompson, the Bulldogs have made it clear they want rid of Napa who's one of their big earners but has been a total flop.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He was caught up in a sexting scandal last year with a woman who wasn’t his Mrs, he was seen breaking the bio security rules last year by visiting a coffee shop and this was his third strike, so he was out. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Your right. Before the pie munchers start getting all excited thinking they're getting Luke Thompson, the Bulldogs have made it clear they want rid of Napa who's one of their big earners but has been a total flop.

You’re having a conversation with yourself at this point. It’s TRL not RedVee.com by the way, 

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

by visiting a coffee shop

I know you have to take things in the context of the current situation, but imagine telling a player in the boozed-up 1990s that 30 years later you could get fired for the scandal of visiting a coffee shop 😂

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He was caught up in a sexting scandal last year with a woman who wasn’t his Mrs, he was seen breaking the bio security rules last year by visiting a coffee shop and this was his third strike, so he was out. 

A bit daft and not good behaviour, but there are plenty in Super League who’ve done far worse. It’s no reason for a Super League club not to sign him IMO.

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A bit daft and not good behaviour, but there are plenty in Super League who’ve done far worse. It’s no reason for a Super League club not to sign him IMO.

I agree, as long as that club is fully prepared for the disciplinary action they (or the RFL) will inevitably have to take at some point when he does his next stupid thing

36 minutes ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

I may be in a minority but I think he's overrated as a player regardless of off-field issues. One of those that look good when their team's on top but disappears when you need him to stand up.

At £485k a year he certainly is over-rated for SL.

50 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I think the “goes to the dogs” in the headline is a bit off. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived