Jump to content

Sun 8 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread


Recommended Posts


44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Joking aside I think you’ve done fantastically well this season 

Yeah was expecting a season long struggle to try & finish third bottom to be honest so sitting 7th is a welcome surprise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Toulouse looking good for promotion.

From the ground I would say 500ish. Noticeably busier than usual with some familiar faces.

Playing half a side of undersized academy players will get us nowhere though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fax game was a strange one, we dominated for 60 minutes but have no goal kicker otherwise the game would probably have been done and dusted but a few silly penalties gave Newcastle a sniff. We are struggling to score points at the moment but our defence has been pretty good all year. We are now down to 17 available players though but luckily with the Toulouse game next week been called off we will get a week off to possibly get a player or two back from injury or look to bring 1 or 2 in from elsewhere.

In the other results Oldham are going to be kicking themselves but Dewsbury are still under a bit of pressure and when they play each other in the last game it could be to stay in the division. Haven continued their good form and it would be amazing if they could sneak the last playoff spot from London. Other positions in the top 5 look pretty much as I would expect them to stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah was expecting a season long struggle to try & finish third bottom to be honest so sitting 7th is a welcome surprise.

The way London are going you might get into the play offs yet.

  • Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax game was a strange one, we dominated for 60 minutes but have no goal kicker otherwise the game would probably have been done and dusted but a few silly penalties gave Newcastle a sniff. We are struggling to score points at the moment but our defence has been pretty good all year. We are now down to 17 available players though but luckily with the Toulouse game next week been called off we will get a week off to possibly get a player or two back from injury or look to bring 1 or 2 in from elsewhere.

In the other results Oldham are going to be kicking themselves but Dewsbury are still under a bit of pressure and when they play each other in the last game it could be to stay in the division. Haven continued their good form and it would be amazing if they could sneak the last playoff spot from London. Other positions in the top 5 look pretty much as I would expect them to stay.

Why has the game against TO been called off? There should be no travel restrictions now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Non fully vaccinated still have to quarentine.

How convenient. 

The club should have made it a priority to vaccinate everyone. Those that don't want it are then letting the side down as the club would be fielding a depleted squad.

There should be no excuses now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kiggy said:

How convenient. 

The club should have made it a priority to vaccinate everyone. Those that don't want it are then letting the side down as the club would be fielding a depleted squad.

There should be no excuses now.

The club had been told before the France announcement they would not be playing the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The club had been told before the France announcement they would not be playing the game.

What is going to happen if Halifax have to play Toulouse in the play offs in Toulouse? Will TO get a 24-0 walkover if Halifax can't travel because of lack of vaccinated players?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kiggy said:

What is going to happen if Halifax have to play Toulouse in the play offs in Toulouse? Will TO get a 24-0 walkover if Halifax can't travel because of lack of vaccinated players?

It will depend on the rules at that time. As it is Halifax are in no position to force players to get the vaccine. Unfortunatley Toulouse agreed to play in the competition this season fully aware of the rules that the RFL had set down. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kiggy said:

What is going to happen if Halifax have to play Toulouse in the play offs in Toulouse? Will TO get a 24-0 walkover if Halifax can't travel because of lack of vaccinated players?

With the restrictions easing in regards to France will there suddenly  be a vaccine shortage in Yorkshire 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Any word on crowd figure at York today?

There is probably a reason for it but York no longer announce the crowd which is a shame. 
 

We therefore have AB Knight’s (unofficial) crowd figure which today was 1650.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

With the restrictions easing in regards to France will there suddenly  be a vaccine shortage in Yorkshire 😂

Quite.

But as Blues Ox says, even if there is availability you won't be able to force people to have it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It will depend on the rules at that time. As it is Halifax are in no position to force players to get the vaccine. Unfortunatley Toulouse agreed to play in the competition this season fully aware of the rules that the RFL had set down. 

Well, let's see if the same rules that were set out at the start of the season are still in place at the end

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, kiggy said:

How convenient. 

The club should have made it a priority to vaccinate everyone. Those that don't want it are then letting the side down as the club would be fielding a depleted squad.

There should be no excuses now.

Since it's only 9 weeks since jabs were opened up to under 30s (which will capture most players) with an 8-12 week gap between doses + 2 weeks it's difficult to see how 'fax (or any other club for that matter) would have a fully vaxxed squad at this moment in time.

Unless you've got a time machine to loan them?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Since it's only 9 weeks since jabs were opened up to under 30s (which will capture most players) with an 8-12 week gap between doses + 2 weeks it's difficult to see how 'fax (or any other club for that matter) would have a fully vaxxed squad at this moment in time.

Unless you've got a time machine to loan them?

Yes, I realise now that the UK is significantly behind France with vaccinating the younger population and also having to prolong the gap between jabs.

Let's hope the teams get themselves sorted for the play offs, assuming that TO will be an opponent they need to visit. However, I'm pretty sure the rules will be amended to accommodate a TO home game in the UK if needs be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

There is probably a reason for it but York no longer announce the crowd which is a shame. 

We therefore have AB Knight’s (unofficial) crowd figure which today was 1650.

I would've guessed around 1600, not having been to the stadium before. Very nice facility. Having the away supporters scattered in twos and threes throughout the ground rather than all together in a group does diminish the atmosphere somewhat. A lot of the people sat around me seemed not to be particularly familiar with the players or the rules, so York must be doing a good job attracting new spectators.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...