Jump to content

Toulouse New Signings


Recommended Posts

Personally speaking I think that Toulouse will stay up but by the skin of their teeth:)

At least for the first 4 months of the season fringe players will still get a run out in the French Elite 1.

I can also see the Dragons helping out with loanees  it is totally in their interests to see Toulouse stay up.

Shame that they don't have the 3 years exemption.

 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Damien said:

Its not nonsense. Its a fact. I know 2020 was shortened, hence I said recent seasons too. Toulouse finished above Leigh in 2018, 2019 and 2020, every season since 2017 when Leigh were in Super League. That's regularly in my book. Yes it may have been close but they still did.

I do think teams sometimes change for changes sake and don't necessarily sign players that are better than the ones they let go.

So a total of 5 points difference over the 2 seasons ( 2020 never had a league table , but let's not forget that year Leigh were 2 seconds from knocking HKR out of the cup at theirs ) and Leigh went to Toulouse and won in the middle of an unbeaten run apart from Toronto of about 15 games at the end of the 2018 season 

But yes you are correct they did finish above us twice in 2018/9 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody gave London a chance in 2019, granted they did finish bottom and were relegated but only on points difference. They were completely written off as no hopers before the season started, looking back at the league table it was incredibly close.

2019

9 Wakefield 22 points

10 Huddersfield 22 points 

11 Hul kr 20 points 

12 London 20 points 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So a total of 5 points difference over the 2 seasons ( 2020 never had a league table , but let's not forget that year Leigh were 2 seconds from knocking HKR out of the cup at theirs ) and Leigh went to Toulouse and won in the middle of an unbeaten run apart from Toronto of about 15 games at the end of the 2018 season 

But yes you are correct they did finish above us twice in 2018/9 

Fact is Toulouse are a Super League club, they earned the right to that on the field, Leigh are a Championship club, a right they also earned on the field.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fact is Toulouse are a Super League club, they earned the right to that on the field, Leigh are a Championship club, a right they also earned on the field.

Just as long as the structure doesn’t change. I’m fine with that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fact is Toulouse are a Super League club, they earned the right to that on the field, Leigh are a Championship club, a right they also earned on the field.

It wasn't me that brought up the subject , feel free to discus it with Damien 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Damien said:

This is a Toulouse squad that was unbeaten last year and has consistently finished above Leigh in the Championship in recent years, including the year prior to Leigh going into SL. They are going into SL with a much stronger squad than what Leigh had in their last year of the Championship. Yes Leigh may have made signings but they didn't add any real quality and had players like Ben Flower watching from the sidelines.

I also think that a mistake teams often make is ditching all the players that got them into SL in the first place and signing a load of players from the relegated club. They shatter the team spirit and cohesion that made them successful. Often the clubs that do best are the ones that retain a strong core of their existing squad, as London did when they won 10 games.

🙄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Nobody gave London a chance in 2019, granted they did finish bottom and were relegated but only on points difference. They were completely written off as no hopers before the season started, looking back at the league table it was incredibly close.

2019

9 Wakefield 22 points

10 Huddersfield 22 points 

11 Hul kr 20 points 

12 London 20 points 

IIRC they lost at Wakefield on the last weekend after being Catalans (a) and Hull KR (a) in the last few games. Now that is close

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Nobody gave London a chance in 2019, granted they did finish bottom and were relegated but only on points difference. They were completely written off as no hopers before the season started, looking back at the league table it was incredibly close.

2019

9 Wakefield 22 points

10 Huddersfield 22 points 

11 Hul kr 20 points 

12 London 20 points 

I must admit I was following my team Wakey on that very last game. Although I wanted Wakey to win , I was extremely sad to see London relegated.  Any other season 20pts would have kept them up and was an extremely creditable tally. But no, they had to be relegated in order to keep the superleague dream alive for certain clubs. 

We all know who those clubs are, some have had a go but always fail. Others  moan , but never get there after multiple opportunities. WTF do we stop listening to these wannabes and stick with London who offer far more than they can ever contribute. Tin hat on 😃😃😃😉

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I must admit I was following my team Wakey on that very last game. Although I wanted Wakey to win , I was extremely sad to see London relegated.  Any other season 20pts would have kept them up and was an extremely creditable tally. But no, they had to be relegated in order to keep the superleague dream alive for certain clubs. 

We all know who those clubs are, some have had a go but always fail. Others  moan , but never get there after multiple opportunities. WTF do we stop listening to these wannabes and stick with London who offer far more than they can ever contribute. Tin hat on 😃😃😃😉

Wakefield were safe on PD then I assume?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People can dress it up as they want but it’s a damp squib of a recruitment campaign. TO have a decent French core, the disappointment is adding ###### like Cunningham, Russell and Hankinson.  They desperately needed a couple of statement signings and have instead signed championship level players. That spine may have played together a fair bit but it’s old AF. Ford and Kherallah were SL quality 5 years ago, now no.

They may stay up based on home form but I don’t see a weak squad anywhere else in SL. Be a real shame if they limped out of SL without even trying.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tabby said:

As in what way? Toulouse will be the whipping boys. Unlike Leigh.

 

 

 

 

 

You do know Leigh won only 2 games and finished the season in the league on 4 points. I don’t know if that is a record low, but I can’t recall another side that was so poor and won so few games. I predict Toulouse will have more points than that halfway through the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fact is Toulouse are a Super League club, they earned the right to that on the field, Leigh are a Championship club, a right they also earned on the field.

So what's your stance on Catalans right to be in SL given they never earned that right on the field ??

  • Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

So what's your stance on Catalans right to be in SL given they never earned that right on the field ??

I have been advocating for years to put Toulouse in Super League and give them protection from relegation. I was just pointing out to those people that claimed they needed to earn the right to be there on the field, they did earn the right to be there on the field.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's be Frank about this, average players have just slushed around and found their way docking in Toulouse.

The biased expansionists are again cracking one off stating Toulouse, this, Toulouse that and a City the size of Mexico will bring home the corn.

The fact of the matter is that they will have a very average SL side next year, get decent crowds before dwindling into oblivion when adrenaline vanquished and finish rock bottom on a damp squib.

They will win a few on location alone and that's about it folks. It's deja Vu. Wakey look poor again but will do enough at the vital times.

Cest la vie Jean ! Au revoir Toulouse!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Let's be Frank about this, average players have just slushed around and found their way docking in Toulouse.

The biased expansionists are again cracking one off stating Toulouse, this, Toulouse that and a City the size of Mexico will bring home the corn.

The fact of the matter is that they will have a very average SL side next year, get decent crowds before dwindling into oblivion when adrenaline vanquished and finish rock bottom on a damp squib.

They will win a few on location alone and that's about it folks. It's deja Vu. Wakey look poor again but will do enough at the vital times.

Cest la vie Jean ! Au revoir Toulouse!

You ARE miserable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...