Jump to content

Fri 15 Oct: England Knights v Jamaica KO 7.45pm (OurLeague)


Who will win?  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • England Knights by 13 points or more
      10
    • England Knights by 7 to 12 points
      2
    • England Knights by 1 to 6 points
      1
    • Jamaica by 1 to 6 points
      1
    • Jamaica by 7 to 12 points
      1
    • Jamaica by 13 points or more
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/21 at 19:15

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Enjoyed that, we do have some good young talent coming through. Be fascinating to see how the England lads played after 2 or 3 games together but sadly that won't happened.

For Jamaica it was a good workout, Scotland will be a lot closer and the more games they can play the better they will gel for the WC.

Commentary team wasn't great but then again neither is Sky and being able to watch it was a bargain at £4.95.

It was a contribution to a testimonial let’s not forget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Tabby said:

It was a contribution to a testimonial let’s not forget.

100% of the fee goes to his fund I understand, so well done to the RFL on this one.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

England looked good tonight, very well balanced.

After resisting a strong start from the Jamaican pack the English forwards won the contact more often than not and were pretty mobile.

The backs showed plenty of pace but the spine really shone, Will Pryce, Mikey Lewis in particular while Walker and Smith at dummy half were good and Ashton's pace was always dangerous.

Glad I watched it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Any idea on the attendance please anyone?

I thought I heard 2200 and odd, but it seemed quite a bit more than that to me. The ground was very busy, albeit only half of it was open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

 No, just interested as it’s a testimonial and as a RL fan I always hope for a good turnout.

I’d be more interested in how many subscribed to the game? But everyone to their own opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I thought I heard 2200 and odd, but it seemed quite a bit more than that to me. The ground was very busy, albeit only half of it was open.

I heard 2250 but the laptop man behind me was suggesting taxman evasion. Didn't look like much like that to me tbh.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Not a single mention on the BBC website about the game. Not even on their fixture list. A prime example why a Euro tournament with England Knights in instead of a full England team would be a dead duck with regards to profile.

It’s knights not England. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Not a single mention on the BBC website about the game. Not even on their fixture list. A prime example why a Euro tournament with England Knights in instead of a full England team would be a dead duck with regards to profile.

You should’ve paid a fiver to find out..Tight ######.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the attendance is that not only was the game played on a different day but Leeds has a big Caribbean community which includes a sizeable Jamaican contingent. The attendance was 2250 which is over 4k less than when they played at Headingley in front of 7113.      

Edited by George1992
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2021 at 23:42, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Not a single mention on the BBC website about the game. Not even on their fixture list. A prime example why a Euro tournament with England Knights in instead of a full England team would be a dead duck with regards to profile.

Did the RFL even tell the BBC that the game was on though? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Did the RFL even tell the BBC that the game was on though? 

I can't believe that the BBC didn't know. 

By having the Knight play and thrash Jamaica, it simultaneously (a) lowers the profile of the international game, by virtue of a second-string England drawing zero attention from the mainstream media, and (b) massively undermines the upcoming Jamaica v Scotland game by highlighting the gap in standard between them and England.

Why not just play it as England v Jamaica? The England management could have selected whoever they want anyway (e.g. no big guns from teams in the play-offs), but it could then still have been a full international and treated accordingly. Instead it doesn't even register a blip on the media radar. As somebody who got hooked into league due to the international game, the way it's treated is utter madness to me.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Why not just play it as England v Jamaica?

This is the best suggestion on this thread. At the end of the day it is England v Jamaica. If marketed as that it would be much better. It should be a full international. If this had been done in the other code it would have been greated with great positivity and another good day for England . Again there are many blow out scores in the other code but no one cares. Many times some of the players are unknown bit it is marketed as England.

Lets get the marketing sorted out in RL once and for all!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2021 at 23:54, corvusxiii said:

I heard 2250 but the laptop man behind me was suggesting taxman evasion. Didn't look like much like that to me tbh.

well not sure if they would need to worry about tax... as the first 100,000 of testimonial income over a 12month period for a sporting professional is exempt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/10/2021 at 09:29, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With this fixture attracting nearly 8000 at Headingley and only 2000 at Castleford one thing is certain, Headingley should become the UK home for Jamaica Rugby League. Hopefully the rescheduled World Cup has Jamaica playing at Headingley again.

Lots of free tickets given away for the headingley game so not really comparing eggs with eggs, as this was a testimonial giving away tickets wasnt really a smart option!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/10/2021 at 23:41, sheddingswasus said:

This is the best suggestion on this thread. At the end of the day it is England v Jamaica. If marketed as that it would be much better. It should be a full international. If this had been done in the other code it would have been greated with great positivity and another good day for England . Again there are many blow out scores in the other code but no one cares. Many times some of the players are unknown bit it is marketed as England.

Lets get the marketing sorted out in RL once and for all!

Would have been perfectly sensible, happens in other sports all the time, early round FA cup ties are not billed as "Man U Reserves B team v Burton Albion" for example even tho thats what they are.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nearenough said:

Lots of free tickets given away for the headingley game so not really comparing eggs with eggs, as this was a testimonial giving away tickets wasnt really a smart option!

Are you claiming over 75% of the crowd were at Headingley on a free ticket?
Absolute rubbish 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...