Jump to content

London Broncos Squad 2022


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

Then London need to do something about it then - cannot keep disrupting the team and it’s a chance to build here 

If Keighley have signed him it’ll be for the 2023 season. I can’t see them needing him this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This season, on and off the pitch, has gone exactly as predicted by anyone who’s been around the Broncos since they first moved to West London. Just a ridiculous decision to move back to South London after all this time, you might as well have relocated Hull KR to Manchester and expected it to work

 

As ever, Hughes doesn’t listen to anyone. His money, his call I guess. But let’s be honest he’s been calling it wrong ever since they ditched the Quins attempt (through choice or otherwise) when Mark Evans left the Union side of that club. That was the last shot at sustainability really, but David continually refused to invest properly in audience acquisition. We could have built a sustainable crowd using Henry Paul’s wages back then, using a version of the old Peter Deakin playbook mixed with new media  - I offered to, as did others. Saracens did it instead

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dealwithit said:

I read David Hughes has been out of the country for a while, but has no returned. Anyone know anything? 

Did see Hughes and Co congratulating the Broncos lads as they came from field at full time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/05/2022 at 10:36, northamptoncougar said:

If Keighley have signed him it’ll be for the 2023 season. I can’t see them needing him this year. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's another blow to London. When a player drops down a division rather than sign for you then things aren't good 

Possibly O but kieghley is closer to home and he played with the cougars aussie coach at the bulls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's another blow to London. When a player drops down a division rather than sign for you then things aren't good 

It's not London's loss,it's Fevs .He were only on 2 week loan.

Keighley paying him more then Fev are,what chance do you think London had at throwing him the same dosh as that, nought pal.Fair play to him,got a pay rise and will be doing half the work .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

It's not London's loss,it's Fevs .He were only on 2 week loan.

Keighley paying him more then Fev are,what chance do you think London had at throwing him the same dosh as that, nought pal.Fair play to him,got a pay rise and will be doing half the work .

FEV's loss NOT really C although he's been great and the fans love him  we'ave got bettter halves now and he was never going to play for us again so him going frees up some dosh to maybe bring in a player the coach want's

Furthermore we have another really goodun tom holmes out on loan who doesn't appear to feature in BM's plans so wouldn't surprise me if he follows  chizzy out of the door Perhaps london should be talking to him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, POR said:

FEV's loss NOT really C although he's been great and the fans love him  we'ave got bettter halves now and he was never going to play for us again so him going frees up some dosh to maybe bring in a player the coach want's

Furthermore we have another really goodun tom holmes out on loan who doesn't appear to feature in BM's plans so wouldn't surprise me if he follows  chizzy out of the door Perhaps london should be talking to him

To be fair mate,Chisholm is miles better then Jono Ford.Blind Freddy can see that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

To be fair mate,Chisholm is miles better then Jono Ford.Blind Freddy can see that

To be fair C  Jono Ford.Blind Freddy is still in AUS the two lads in the shirts now are head and shoulders better than chizzy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2022 at 19:25, OriginalMrC said:

That's another blow to London. When a player drops down a division rather than sign for you then things aren't good 

Things weren't good in that respect even before the season started. Allegedly, some excellent ex academy players left, when the current coach was appointed.

Even that said, the latest comments from the coach give me absolutely no inspiration, whatsoever.

According to the Broncos website/twitter account, Jermaine said: “It’s incredible to finally get points on the board and secure the first win..."

Incredible?! Really?! Is that really where we are now?!

Well, one swallow doesn't make a summer...You may not think it, but I really hope that it does! 

Good luck lads!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what now? Siti much better as centre and need another half! Tried Thomas - ex skolar who has been around but made some really poor decisions and kicks when he played, Ramsey was from west wales so surely not up to the job, one appearance as replacement hooker so not seen what he can do but given he was signed in pre season I assume he’s had his chances in training and reserves/skolars? 
Newcastle is definitely a winner if can get the selection right and the lads come out with the fight they showed last week but with continued momentum rather than dropping off in second half and an improvement in line speed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/05/2022 at 10:36, northamptoncougar said:

If Keighley have signed him it’ll be for the 2023 season. I can’t see them needing him this year. 

Need to look for another half - Tom Holmes went to Sheffield on loan but didn’t think they needed a half long term and he is not going to feature in the current Fev 21 so London need to do some deals 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One win from eleven now for the Broncos. 

Whitehaven could move five points clear with a win against Widnes, though Dewsbury will likely struggle against Featherstone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2022 at 18:08, POR said:

 

That film reminded my how I felt, when I played.

Nothing compares to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's P45 time, surely now! No point on dwelling on what so many felt, or knew would likely be the case by now, or indeed a lot earlier! Let's get someone new in, who will hopefully inspire more confidence, and do a better job, IMHO! Yes, sure, the wallet will have to be prised open a bit more, but it needs to be done now. It probably won't make a lot of difference for this season, but at least it'd be better to do it now, IMHO, rather than just wait for what many thought would happen anyway, the inevitable drop. Hopefully a new coach will get us over the line. Failing that, sadly, I don't see much, if any future, realistically, for much above club status for London and the south in Rugby League!

Can the 'powers that be' do anything to help? Well, if they actually want to expand the game further, they maybe also need to pull their finger out too!

Edited by acersaccharum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, acersaccharum said:

It's P45 time, surely now! No point on dwelling on what so many felt, or knew would likely be the case by now, or indeed a lot earlier! Let's get someone new in, who will hopefully inspire more confidence, and do a better job, IMHO! Yes, sure, the wallet will have to be prised open a bit more, but it needs to be done now. It probably won't make a lot of difference for this season, but at least it'd be better to do it now, IMHO, rather than just wait for what many thought would happen anyway, the inevitable drop. Hopefully a new coach will get us over the line. Failing that, sadly, I don't see much, if any future, realistically, for much above club status for London and the south in Rugby League!

Can the 'powers that be' do anything to help? Well, if they actually want to expand the game further, they maybe also need to pull their finger out too!

I too feel that Hughes should be shown the door. Like you say, it's been obvious for a while.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I too feel that Hughes should be shown the door. Like you say, it's been obvious for a while.

Hughes is the one who thought a L1 squad would be good enough for a Championship season when moving to a new ground. He's lost his marbles (assuming he ever had any).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to a Facebook poster who was apparently there the crowd was very small last night. There needs to be some changes soon or the club will disappear.  As I have said before leaving Ealing  to go to to Wimbledon was a crazy decision in the current circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Broncos to play Sheffield Eagles at Ebbsfleet Utd FC on the 3rd of July

I shall be in Kent that weekend for a reunion so will go to the game, and hopefully the posters on here who live in Kent and East Sussex and South Essex will turn up as well

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2022/05/16/london-broncos-home-fixture-against-sheffield-moved-to-ebbsfleet/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

The Broncos to play Sheffield Eagles at Ebbsfleet Utd FC on the 3rd of July

I shall be in Kent that weekend for a reunion so will go to the game, and hopefully the posters on here who live in Kent and East Sussex and South Essex will turn up as well

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2022/05/16/london-broncos-home-fixture-against-sheffield-moved-to-ebbsfleet/

Oh dear, oh dear. By all means do this as part of a plan (whatever that might be) and announce it before the season starts but this is just daft. The move to Wimbledon gets better and better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

Oh dear, oh dear. By all means do this as part of a plan (whatever that might be) and announce it before the season starts but this is just daft. The move to Wimbledon gets better and better.

If you read the article you will see there is some ground work being done that weekend at Wimbledon, hence moving the game to Ebbsfleet FC ground. Hopefully you can make it if you live in Kent, East Sussex or South Essex area

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...