London Broncos Squad 2022

12 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Watched some highlights of him playing in the middle,does seem pretty dangerous with ball in hand,which is what coach Coleman said in statement.Looks like he can play a number of positions.Interested to see how he goes,he has some good wraps on him.

Ulberg will be a stand out,highly underrated signing. 

Going to have a pretty good backline I feel .

I think Palumbo’s lack of yardage was a result of playing in/around a very beaten pack. Sadly that’s all I’ve seen of him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 40yearsatlondon said:

will be interesting to see how this group of players go.....its all about staying in the championship this year for me.

Yes I think avoiding the drop will be seen as a success this year. 

Interesting that the bookies and several championship prediction articles have us finishing around 8th or 9th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40yearsatlondon said:

good luck to the coleman bros!

It would be good to hear from them i.e an interview of some sorts. Then again Broncos have never been good at communicating with their fans and using social media properly. Still waiting for squad numbers and the website to be updated.....

It’s good to hear optimism but I think the sooner the Coleman brothers are kicked to the kerb the better. Skolars didn’t go well under him and now he has brought in 6/7 skolars players, his brother and there seems limited ambition and knowledge.  To be honest I am not sure what appeal there is other than being cheap! The squad looks like it could be promising with a mix of old and young but if the selection and style of play is not right it will create disharmony rather than bringing them together. Thought it was an exciting plan to build a home grown side but needs expertise to nurture these players and can’t help wishing Ward or Langley were still around!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

Yeah heard it couple of weeks ago now- guess been kept quiet as doesn’t fit the story of London bred ….

Have they announced Dalton Grant? I’ve seen him in training pics but no announcement at all - strange of them if they haven’t. 

• Confused 1

On 31/12/2021 at 15:20, Man of Kent said:

Seems an astute signing.

I think Broncos will be OK this year. But then I’m not of those who engage in competitive doom-mongering, each trying to outdo the other 😉 

Yeah. Hopefully he'll blend in well with TBC. See https://londonbroncosrl.com/mens-first-team/

It's not competitive doom-mongering, it's rational disaffection.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Have they announced Dalton Grant? I’ve seen him in training pics but no announcement at all - strange of them if they haven’t. 

No they didn't in the same way they announced everyone else. Also Ulberg was announced on the website (and not on twitter etc) then the website press release got removed. He is in the squad though. 

All a bit weird if you ask me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Yeah. Hopefully he'll blend in well with TBC. See https://londonbroncosrl.com/mens-first-team/

It's not competitive doom-mongering, it's rational disaffection.

Under 3 weeks now until our season starts and we still don't know our official squad.

We desperately need a pre-season friendly. Which other Championship and L1 teams haven't got a friendly lined up yet? All I can think of is the re-arranged game V Skolars but can't see that happening as Skolars have about 8 players!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

Under 3 weeks now until our season starts and we still don't know our official squad.

We desperately need a pre-season friendly. Which other Championship and L1 teams haven't got a friendly lined up yet? All I can think of is the re-arranged game V Skolars but can't see that happening as Skolars have about 8 players!

I did wonder that. I can see that pretty much every other Championship team has a friendly of some sort and Broncos don’t. 

21 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Played Salford up here at the weekend in a behind closed doors game 

I read that on Twitter - also while in topic of announcing - who saw the ‘Australian half back’ Highlights were all of one match - against skolars! All a bit of a puzzle and as squad still not announced am a bit worried. Not scaremongering just don’t think coach is up to it and has not got a record to show otherwise. Think the players have some quality and could be able to do some great stuff but don’t think he will bring them together - let’s see though 

Edited by watcherofRL

6 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

That’s interesting. Any thoughts Ray on why it was held that way and not open to public and fir whose benefit?

Probably cost of renting a venue and then the likely crowd that would have turned up to watch would have resulted in a loss. That’s my guess, anyway 

• Like 2

It's funny how nothing ever gets done at that club until someone mentions it on a public forum and then - bosh! - it's as if it had been there all along. Almost as if someone paid to work at the club spends all his time on the internet (and promoting his other businesses, of course).

• Like 3

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 11/01/2022 at 02:42, nadera78 said:

It's funny how nothing ever gets done at that club until someone mentions it on a public forum and then - bosh! - it's as if it had been there all along. Almost as if someone paid to work at the club spends all his time on the internet (and promoting his other businesses, of course).

he was on facebook .giving it to someone the other day

• Like 1