Stadium updates .......

Back safely from the reds game and no one I spoke to seems to have anymore ideas than what we know on here,watched from the back of the seats ,view was ok but structure needs pulled down,might not be popular with town fans but wouldn't be surprised to see just the one large stand to replace what's left of the grandstand and demolition of the other structures leaving the  terraces more or less as they are. Great game by the way ,nothing beats live sport just wish all the areas teams could persuade the public to switch off their sky sports and back their clubs or risk losing them completely 

7 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not really mate, I didn't vote for him but many did. I only live in the UK for about 8 months a year and base myself in Cumbria for about 4 of those so I'm outside looking in.

Seems to be the modern way to sit on a keyboard and criticise- most of these people could run against him at the next election but how many will? - or is it just easier to slate than do something. Its very West Cumbrian to look at the negatives.

He said he is working on this so give the lad a chance - like has been said on here wait for the facts and we will see what he has and hast done.

Hope he has at least kick started this again as it seemed to have died a death.

I voted for him, worth it though, got a Christmas card for the last 2 yrs. 🙈😎

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dkw said:

There was only about a 30% turnout from memory, he jumped on the stadium and brexit to get people voting for him, and unfortunately it worked. 

He won because of ignorance and lethargy, he has no chance of getting back in at the next vote. 

Not ignorance DKW, just the fear of a deranged communist PM who hates our country. I'm sure we are going over old ground here, as suggested we should maybe stop making this a political debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Not ignorance DKW, just the fear of a deranged communist PM who hates our country. I'm sure we are going over old ground here, as suggested we should maybe stop making this a political debate.

Thank you Unicorn 106, I agree with what everyone on here has said about our MP, but at general elections I vote on a national level so I covered my nose and voted for him, just to keep the cretin commie Corbyn out of Downing St. And for that I’ll never apologise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Personally think this country is doomed not because of Corbyn but by set of self serving twonks who couldn't give a toss for the people that voted for them....

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 06/01/2023 at 19:35, Derwent Parker said:

It isn't just Crack - its current facts until they are superseded- We have had no plans etc, shown from those in charge mess'rs Bowden and pleasance etc]  the only things written down are on Allerdale website and that is Fact.

It may change in future but up until then that is all that as been disclosed. the rest is just opinion and hearsay.

I have not made it up - check for yourselves .

If Allerdale are wrong and the powers that be have better plans - then why hide them away.

On 06/01/2023 at 20:13, Derwent Parker said:

We have been waiting for ages and nothing as been forthcoming - sounds dodgy to me.

As someone said earlier its all about getting reds a new stand.

Are you just pretending to be stupid and are you genuinely thick? The amount of times, I and others, have said to you that it isn't just going to be one new stand for the reds. 

If you cared as much as you say you do, you would've went to the consultation at the carnegie like I did and learned that this just isn't true. 

Not stop peddling this false narrative you troll. Derwent Park and Borough Park aren't fit for purpose in there current state, but if you wish to stay there then thats your opinion. But you'll be stood there by yourself cos there won't be a club to watch 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 2

On 07/01/2023 at 22:29, Joe Aitcheson said:

Thank you Unicorn 106, I agree with what everyone on here has said about our MP, but at general elections I vote on a national level so I covered my nose and voted for him, just to keep the cretin commie Corbyn out of Downing St. And for that I’ll never apologise.

Can't understand how anyone can justify voting for Jenkinson or his party, especially after the last few years with them crooks 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Are you just pretending to be stupid and are you genuinely thick? The amount of times, I and others, have said to you that it isn't just going to be one new stand for the reds. 

If you cared as much as you say you do, you would've went to the consultation at the Carnegie like I did and learned that this just isn't true. 

Not stop peddling this false narrative you troll. Derwent Park and Borough Park aren't fit for purpose in there current state, but if you wish to stay there then thats your opinion. But you'll be stood there by yourself cos there won't be a club to watch 

Not at Carnegie - Working

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Everything is just hearsay and peoples opinions - Lets see some details written down and it will stop the confusion.

But they did explain in detail! How many times do people need to tell you. You seem intent on spreading negativety  regardless of what happens and is said.

Your the one creating confusion by spreading rumours. No one has said its just gonna be one stand to suit reds

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

But they did explain in detail! How many times do people need to tell you. You seem intent on spreading negativety  regardless of what happens and is said.

Your the one creating confusion by spreading rumours. No one has said its just gonna be one stand to suit reds

Allerdale did say it would be one stand

Edited by Derwent Parker
  • Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 20:10, Derwent Parker said:

I agreed with him on Brexit but not on the Stadium [a lot of lies were told about the costs] He also got in because people were sick of the previous Labour MP who was only bothered about sucking up to Corbin and getting into house of Lords - I cant remember her been seen around here whereas Mr Creosote is,regularly seen in papers etc  even if it is just down to Grot spots and Litter campaigns/pick ups?

Someone above already asked to keep this to League. Why continually drag it back to politics? 

Am sure there is a political forum for this stuff? Most of us don't care about your political views, or even know who you are talking about.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Spike said:

there was also a town fans forum before Christmas, another perfect opportunity for asking questions regarding the stadium, but as someone confirmed on here at the time no one asked about the stadium.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

Allerdale did say it would be one stand

yes a multi functional grandstand, do you really think we will get 4 sides exactly the same, we will get a functional stand and 3 covered terracing sides, what's so wrong with that?yes a multi functional grandstand, do you really think we will get 4 sides exactly the same, we will get a functional stand and 3 covered terracing sides, what's so wrong with that?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rockerlad said:

yes a multi functional grandstand, do you really think we will get 4 sides exactly the same, we will get a functional stand and 3 covered terracing sides, what's so wrong with that?yes a multi functional grandstand, do you really think we will get 4 sides exactly the same, we will get a functional stand and 3 covered terracing sides, what's so wrong with that?

A Bit of New York, New York here - so good they said it twice!

As you Said {twice] this conflicts with what Allerdale stated [the only ones to write it down ] not hearsay. 

hearsay from a meeting could be someone saying we are "hoping to get " some of us want to know what we are "actually going to end up with"  A Plastic pitch and an unknown amount of stands and unknown amount covered /uncovered terracing?

if we are getting what you state why is it not out in the open - in black and white?

Edited by Derwent Parker
spelling
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rockerlad said:

You can say that again marra.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, rockerlad said:

pretty much all modern stadiums below the championship just have one multifunctional stand with basic covered terracing/seating on the other sides of the ground, and in fairness that's all they need.

It could well be the description of 'one stand' that Derwent Parker keeps referring to has been slightly lost in translation in the council minutes. There's no way they are going to built a new grandstand at BP and leave the rest of the ground as it is, for a start there's no run off over the touchline, even at amateur level you need a 3 metre gap between the touchline and barriers.

There's also no 'in-goal' area for RL, so straight away the pitch isn't big enough - plus there's well known issues with the pitch drainage at BP, so I'm in no doubt the site will be raised to the ground and they will start from scratch with the new build (whatever that may be!) 

Let's hope there's some updates sooner rather than later.

I know some of the directors follow topics on this page and they will be as frustrated as everyone else at the lack of information being released

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Allerdale getting some pile of Government funding, Copeland MP obviously didn’t get any as we didn’t  get any Christmas cards here ☹️

That's because you don't live in bootle or millom 😂

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...