Stadium updates .......

Could the plan involve incorporating the yet to be built innovation centre into the stadium plans?

The previous administration should have already started on these projects, they complain about the costs increasing but they were the ones holding the purse strings for the last 4-5 years so they are the ones that should have started and had these schemes more or less finished !

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Could the plan involve incorporating the yet to be built innovation centre into the stadium plans?

The previous administration should have already started on these projects, they complain about the costs increasing but they were the ones holding the purse strings for the last 4-5 years so they are the ones that should have started and had these schemes more or less finished !

political point scoring that's all it is by labour, try and hamper/end the project then come general election time they can say nothing was levelled up. the maryport swimming pool has already been canclled. Both parties should be utterly ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

political point scoring that's all it is by labour, try and hamper/end the project then come general election time they can say nothing was levelled up. the maryport swimming pool has already been canclled. Both parties should be utterly ashamed of themselves. 

I agree it is political point scoring, it’s happening at councils up and down the country, but the previous administration of Allerdale should already have started on these projects, in the case of the stadium nobody has seen a drawing yet and the money has to be spent by the end of March 24, so who is going to accept responsibility for these schemes not being delivered and how does anyone now expect to get planning and building work completed in 10-11 months !!

You can’t blame Labour for everything as they haven’t been in power - it’s the previous administration and their Allerdale officers in charge who have been running these schemes - they should hang their heads in shame if this scheme falls through !!

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I agree it is political point scoring, it’s happening at councils up and down the country, but the previous administration of Allerdale should already have started on these projects, in the case of the stadium nobody has seen a drawing yet and the money has to be spent by the end of March 24, so who is going to accept responsibility for these schemes not being delivered and how does anyone now expect to get planning and building work completed in 10-11 months !!

You can’t blame Labour for everything as they haven’t been in power - it’s the previous administration and their Allerdale officers in charge who have been running these schemes - they should hang their heads in shame if this scheme falls through !!

I balme them both. and if this scheme fails your are correct, because we've never had a pot of nearly 7m before.

• Like 1

Im sure Rockerlad wants a new  joint stadium that we can all be proud as much as I do, but  this post is merely publicity and cheerleading for Mark Jenkinson. 

I say that because the content of the post is not actually about the new stadium; it's Jenkinson giving his views of the proposed reviewing of the cost implications of all the schemes.

I'd like to remind him that its taken three years of boasting about levelling up before any cash arrived. In the meantime there has been record inflation of the costs.

Review of the cost implications is not new. While the previous Conservative controlled Allerdale Council was in power it was decided that inflation meant the funding was now insufficient for all the Maryport projects. If we are talking specifically about the stadium project inflation during the wait for the promised funds, has already had a huge impact on Stage 1 costs.

If his govt is serious about levelling up,why hasn't Jenkinson not called on it to make up for the impact of inflation? Why hasn't he tried to help raise the extra funding that has always been necessary for the completion of the stadium beyond Stage 1?

Instead of political propaganda we need a statement from the Town Board about what is happening with regard to the stadium plans.

A joint public meeting for both Town and Reds fans is also required soon.

• Like 2

From what I have read and learned about west Cumbria and the Stadium situation, it is the Workington MP who is entirely to blame for the cancelling of the original one and dragging his feet over a replacement. He is a poor excuse of a MP, like the one in Barrow and from what I gather, Copeland too. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

From what I have read and learned about west Cumbria and the Stadium situation, it is the Workington MP who is entirely to blame for the cancelling of the original one and dragging his feet over a replacement. He is a poor excuse of a MP, like the one in Barrow and from what I gather, Copeland too. 

I don't think that's correct marra. Just because you don't like the Tories doesn't mean they are fully responsible.  For all Jenkinsons faults - and he has many - he has been more visible on the streets of Workington and West Cumbria and issues around the area in 1 month than Labours Sue from Berkshire ever was - she probably didn't even know Workington had a Rugby team.

Its all points scoring though and now the Council is called Cumberland I think they will always give Carlisle their attention.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rockerlad said:

joint meeting of both sets of directors and fans is long overdue.

Completely agree that this needs to happen. 

We start getting into murky waters when things get political. Regardless of his political alliances I have no time for Jenkinson after how he acted during the last stadium plans. He turned it into a political matter and took great delight shutting the plans down quoting dubious worst case scenario figures. He even made an appearance on here spouting rubbish, and he's never been seen since.

He claims responsibility for grant of the 5m, which over a hundred other areas in the country were also granted, applied for by councils and not MPs. And his friend Mike "found" 1 million from Allerdale ( brown envelope or from down the back of the sofa?) The man is a full blown psychopath, just look at his twitter account for confirmation. 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

47 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I don't think that's correct marra. Just because you don't like the Tories doesn't mean they are fully responsible.  For all Jenkinsons faults - and he has many - he has been more visible on the streets of Workington and West Cumbria and issues around the area in 1 month than Labours Sue from Berkshire ever was - she probably didn't even know Workington had a Rugby team.

Its all points scoring though and now the Council is called Cumberland I think they will always give Carlisle their attention.

Nothing to do with disliking the Conservatives. My point was that it was he who destroyed any hope of a new stadium in your area and 4 yrs later there's deteriorating chances of another coming to fruition and it is him pointing the finger at others, yet some still defend him? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes but seeing as the leader of the new Cumberland Council is an ex-chairman of Town then you’d hope he would be trying to get this stadium sorted.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I went to the meeting where jenkinson and 5 others put a last minute halt to the stadium being built. It would have been built, world cup games staged, and we would have one place for all doctors instead of a number of places. We would also have had a good number of sellafield staff working in the town. And he based the veto on mythical figures to frighten people. The council he was part of could have had everything in place with a stadium built now. He and the others in the council he was part of have failed to deliver, yet they were desperate to ensure the council bought the ranch with less facilities than it had 40 years ago. That's progress for you 👏 

• Like 6

I would take anything jenkinson says with a pinch of salt. He’s got a track record in doing and saying things that further his own political career. He’s not interested in rugby or football or anything to do with sports.

Regarding the new stadium, I’ve recently been in communication with the stadium committee ( Mr Bowden etc) and he informed me that the legal process was still going on which is normal when spending government money. 

I agree that a meeting with supporters and interested parties should be held as soon as possible to ensure that we are all kept informed of the progress.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Number8 said:

I went to the meeting where jenkinson and 5 others put a last minute halt to the stadium being built. It would have been built, world cup games staged, and we would have one place for all doctors instead of a number of places. We would also have had a good number of sellafield staff working in the town. And he based the veto on mythical figures to frighten people. The council he was part of could have had everything in place with a stadium built now. He and the others in the council he was part of have failed to deliver, yet they were desperate to ensure the council bought the ranch with less facilities than it had 40 years ago. That's progress for you 👏 

Absolutely unbelievable, knuckle dragging stone age mentality and to think he got elected as MP, what's worse is that it is  likely some rugby supporters voted for him too. Bizarre. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

He certainly did cancel the new stadium probably cost west Cumbria a Super league team he's one large idiot. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, pgilmour said:

He certainly did cancel the new stadium probably cost west Cumbria a Super league team he's one large idiot. 

Costing West Cumbria a Superleague team is stretching it a bit but I agree with the rest of your post.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pgilmour said:

Totally agree Peter with what you say, Jenkinson has no interest in sport in this area or the original stadium plans would have been delivered on time and we would have had the opportunity to see World Cup RL played on our doorstep, instead if we are lucky,the Reds get a new stand and Town have to play on a postage stamp sized pitch, totally unacceptable in my opinion, the man has a lot to answer for and personally I wouldn’t vote for him if I had a hundred votes.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, bobg said:

Totally agree Peter with what you say, Jenkinson has no interest in sport in this area or the original stadium plans would have been delivered on time and we would have had the opportunity to see World Cup RL played on our doorstep, instead if we are lucky,the Reds get a new stand and Town have to play on a postage stamp sized pitch, totally unacceptable in my opinion, the man has a lot to answer for and personally I wouldn’t vote for him if I had a hundred votes.

non of them are worth voting for and thats a fact. the local elections we have just had is the 1st time I've thrown my ballot paper in the bin. 

4 hours ago, bobg said:

Totally agree Peter with what you say, Jenkinson has no interest in sport in this area or the original stadium plans would have been delivered on time and we would have had the opportunity to see World Cup RL played on our doorstep, instead if we are lucky,the Reds get a new stand and Town have to play on a postage stamp sized pitch, totally unacceptable in my opinion, the man has a lot to answer for and personally I wouldn’t vote for him if I had a hundred votes

Totally agree with u both all he ever does is feather his own cap as they say. It's all about him and what allegedly he's done for of the people in West Cumbria. It's a joke . 

• Like 3

The ignorant oaf is using the stadium as smokescreen again, he just comments on this kind of garbage and blames the Labour council to move eyes away from the absolute show his vile government have made of running the country, and his own bigotted moronic views on things. Its the usual grifter MP`s tactics, look over here at this terrible thing others are doing, no not at the terrible things we are doing....

• Like 3

On 11/05/2023 at 12:22, Johnny Ringo said:

Absolutely unbelievable, knuckle dragging stone age mentality and to think he got elected as MP, what's worse is that it is  likely some rugby supporters voted for him too. Bizarre. 

He certainly couldn't wait to put the boot in on the original stadium plan that the Labour controlled council had worked hard to bring about. He was voted in as our MP because like me we didn't want Corbyn running our country. It was a no brainer at the time.

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

He certainly couldn't wait to put the boot in on the original stadium plan that the Labour controlled council had worked hard to bring about. He was voted in as our MP because like me we didn't want Corbyn running our country. It was a no brainer at the time.

He was also voted in because of brexit. And that hasn’t brought the benefits promised. In fact it’s costing the uk circa £100 billion per annum so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galloper said:

He was also voted in because of brexit. And that hasn’t brought the benefits promised. In fact it’s costing the uk circa £100 billion per annum so far.

Oh dear, give a rest will you, its not a political forum.🙄

• Like 2