Halifax Away

So we are away to Fax this weekend who will be looking to make up for their shock defeat to Batley in round 1. 

Big improvement needed this week. Start like we did against widnes and we are in real trouble. 

I will reserve my score prediction once the squad is announced later - hopefully Wellington Albert, Ulberg and Siti will be available.

London getting wrote off by many people. Because they have gone part time. They have still managed to attract players over, Maybe arranged employment ?. Yes they got best last week. I reckon they will be ok this season. Close game this weekend. London could nick it.....cw. Oldham fan.

1 hour ago, Twickbronc said:

So we are away to Fax this weekend who will be looking to make up for their shock defeat to Batley in round 1. 

Big improvement needed this week. Start like we did against widnes and we are in real trouble. 

I will reserve my score prediction once the squad is announced later - hopefully Wellington Albert, Ulberg and Siti will be available.

I think that’s a bit disingenuous to Batley mate.  The competed very well with the top teams last year and it seems are doing the same this.

You could be in for some more pain before it gets better imo.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I think that’s a bit disingenuous to Batley mate.  The competed very well with the top teams last year and it seems are doing the same this.

You could be in for some more pain before it gets better imo.

I rate Batley highly believe me but this was seen as a shock in general terms. I was basing it on the majority of RL fans opinion on Fax apparently having the best team (behind Fev and Leigh) and Batley not achieving the heights they reached last season. 

Fax often have trouble with their discipline so if London can get off to good a start then they could turn it into an arm wrestle.

2 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

No need to change their name again as Panthers is fine.

Halifax Away is still better than BlueSox though 😉

Halifax panthers have got the right name now and a feel good factor

Like a few dozen clubs

I feel much more effort is being made across rhe board to engage with more fans. 

No shock last Sunday. I can't remember the last time I went to Batley and expected to win. Its not a result I expect to have a huge bearing on our season as I don't expect many teams to go there and win either. A loss on the other hand to London would worry me but I think this one should be comfortable for us and I don't think a Fax win by 20+ or more would be out of the question.

13 minutes ago, crashmon said:

If London get within 12 I'll buy a London shirt. Its not going to be close, unless Fax don't turn up and have a real shocker

Choice of 3 shirts. All smart too.

5 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

Coach has tweeted the squad - Siti, Curran and Albert are in.

22 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

Shock???

Batley +10 on the coupon was a gift, as was Widnes-2

1 hour ago, Twickbronc said:

Ok first haIf, awful 2nd half. shipping 28 points on a boggy pitch I dread to think what Leigh and Fev will do us on a dry fast pitch. With our current squad and the rate we are going, they could be record defeats

Did you go and watch the game? I don’t understand why Bienek isn’t starting - he looked great when he came on at home last week & significantly better than the other forwards.

Another 65minute performance ,except the last 15minute were the problem this week.

6-0 down with 15 to go and Coleman interchanges our 3 best middles minutes apart,score gets blown out to 28-0. 

Needs to sort out what he's doing,either terrible tactics or hasn't a scooby .

Must win next week! 

I know its early days but I fear for London after watching that performance. They looked devoid of ideas and the reality were it looked like they could have played all day without scoring. The pitch probably kept them in it and kept the score down for most of the game and it may turn out to be important come the end of the season going on how close last seasons positions were and points difference could be a factor.

I didn't consider Batley's opening day win at home to Halifax as a shock.

They beat Fax at They Shay last season when I went and I generally expect to see Batley in the top 6, at least. 

London are going to really struggle this year and getting comprehensively beaten was no surprise at all. 

21 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I didn't consider Batley's opening day win at home to Halifax as a shock.

They beat Fax at They Shay last season when I went and I generally expect to see Batley in the top 6, at least. 

London are going to really struggle this year and getting comprehensively beaten was no surprise at all. 

We have a coach who has experience at the next level down, and with a side always near the bottom.

He has built a squad with a large number of players from the next level down, a fair number from sides near the bottom.

I said ages ago that we'd struggle this year , and be fighting relegation - have seen little thus far to make me change my opinion.

It’s going to be a tough year for Broncos. I fear that now they have a decent ground where they can build, they have shot themselves in the foot by going part-time. A losing season will decimate growth. I actually hopeI am wrong, I have a soft spot for Broncos being based in the South.

And so we shall again…

On 07/02/2022 at 10:16, Cw25 said:

They must win this week. I think they will.

Think the team needs to change the players in some key positions and Coleman needs to be a bit more creative or take advice if out of his depth. Think the squad does have the talent but just needs to get the combos right

9 hours ago, RfE said:

We have a coach who has experience at the next level down, and with a side always near the bottom.

He has built a squad with a large number of players from the next level down, a fair number from sides near the bottom.

I said ages ago that we'd struggle this year , and be fighting relegation - have seen little thus far to make me change my opinion.

As a league one coach he has only seen league one players. He never embraced the opportunities to learn from experienced broncos coaches and his recruitments are from those who beat his last year which wasn’t hard as that was most of the teams and includes a player from WWR, the only team to come lower than skolars!

Archived