Fri 4th Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

How much slaver has Steve Macnamara taken in the past?

My word, he looks like a decent coach now.

When Catalans were struggling and they had to play that £1million game against Leigh i was saying McNamara should be sacked.
But that’s why i am not a coach and that’s why i never win any of my bets. The Catalans chairman has to take a lot of praise showing faith and sticking with McNamara. I Hope the victory has made Bernard ? (I can’t spell his surname - sorry) feel a little bit better. It’ll be disappointing for the Wire fan’s, but i wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t roll up at saints next week and pull off a shock win. I do like Catalans doing well, if only Toulouse could start winning. 

1 minute ago, clogdance said:

The Catalan Dragons support that travelled to England was amazing as per usual, well done to all concerned ! 😜 And don't blame Covid, it's been 5hite ever since they were placed in SL in 2006.

I suppose the home clubs could try and persuade fans from their town/city and surrounding areas to come and watch a bit of Friday night sport. 

Warrington were poor and looked lethargic and uninterested.

Probably gave an under strength Catalans a lack of respect and got their just rewards.

Catalans were just hungry and fully deserved the two points.

On that Showing, Wire next week should get a beasting but anything can happen in Saints / Wire games.

Powell did a great job laying the foundations at Leeds for Tony Smith's team then at Feztherstone .His cas team played some great football and were the best team in SL without winning the GF .I am watching with great interest how he goes with Warrington.  Early days 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 hours ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

Having not seen a moment of the game, I will speculate Warrington couldn’t compete with the Catalans pack.

It wasn't quite that. I'd say more that Catalans contained our pack very easily, were quicker to every loose ball and took their chances when they came. Their two young lads, Franco and Romano, and the Aussie fullback, made bad errors early in the game and responded in the best possible way. It all pointed to a well coached and determined side.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Plenty folk have been saying that the Wire pair should be England's half back pairing, god help us if this pair of Aussies will make it a great battle!

As I said God help us at international level, wire pair completely outplayed by two Aussies who wouldn't be in the top 20 of halfs being selected for their country.

9 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

the idea there isn’t french talent who can compete at the top of Super League is surely dispelled after these last 2 performances. 

Jullien, Da Costa, Seguier, Dezaria, Goudemand should be playing Super League every week. 

They are part of a squad that makes the team stronger, how do you think the likes of Saints and Wigan have for many years maintained their position at the top other than having ready made replacements in times of suspensions, injuries or maybe loss of form from some individuals.

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Daryl Clark is absolutely world class. 

He clearly isn't fully fit at the moment. 

No he isn't, World Class is a term used to loosely for good players who are not the really exceptional ones whose performances don't differ very much week on week from being so influential for their team, they also have the capability of transferring that form into the international arena.

Recent examples, Cameron Smith, Jonathon Thurston, James Roby.

10 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

the idea there isn’t french talent who can compete at the top of Super League is surely dispelled after these last 2 performances. 

Jullien, Da Costa, Seguier, Dezaria, Goudemand should be playing Super League every week. 

10 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Catalans very impressive tonight and thst shouldn't get lost in Wire's shortcomings. 10 men injured, plenty of young French players and dominated.

They've had Saints, Leeds and Warrington away in the first 4 weeks, plus 1 home game and have won 3 from 4. No question they are contenders again.

Would be typical Warrington to play like that this week and turn us over next!

10 hours ago, meast said:

9,200 ish

No doubt about it, Catalans are now one of the big clubs of Super League, they don’t just have a strong 17, they’ve got decent players beyond that, that’s key to the success of Leeds, Saints and Wigan over the years. Those are now the big 4 in Super League imo.

If Catalans can get back to full strength maybe some of the players mentioned could be loaned out to Toulouse.

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I said after Warrington struggled past a 12 (at times 11) man Leeds team they’d achieve nothing this year. Warrington won’t make the top 4.

Totally agree with the first part of your statement Kev, as for the second part I think they will make the top four behind - in no particular order - Saints, Cats, Warriors, as for the rest Leeds are not good enough, neither are Hull, Cas and Huddersfield then we will have the expected bottom 4 teams Wakey, TO, Salford and HK Rovers.

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If Catalans can get back to full strength maybe some of the players mentioned could be loaned out to Toulouse.

Then that will have to be for a Ioan period, can Catalan afford to do that or will they take a chance on doing that. DR is not allowed between SL clubs, can't  just sendxa player there  for one game and return for the next.

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No he isn't, World Class is a term used to loosely for good players who are not the really exceptional ones whose performances don't differ very much week on week from being so influential for their team, they also have the capability of transferring that form into the international arena.

Clark has been the best and most influential player at Wire for years now. He has always played very well when given a chance at international level. 

He is absolutely world class, without question. I know we enjoy refusing to give credit to players, lowering their achievements as much as possible but he is outstanding. 

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

The Catalan Dragons support that travelled to England was amazing as per usual, well done to all concerned ! 😜 And don't blame Covid, it's been 5hite ever since they were placed in SL in 2006.

Oh bless

44 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And all 3 of them played behind dominant packs,something this current Wire one isn’t.

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

Away fans wow.

Warrington got 1000 more through the gates for this game than they did against Castleford (and all their away fans) in round 2.

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Clark has been the best and most influential player at Wire for years now. He has always played very well when given a chance at international level. 

He is absolutely world class, without question. I know we enjoy refusing to give credit to players, lowering their achievements as much as possible but he is outstanding. 

Then we differ on our estimation of Daryl, in my opinion yes he is good but not in the manner of being amongst the best, in just the short 3 examples I gave there are two hookers, if you say he is on a level grading with those two then I would say to you your opinion is increased by him playing for your club.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

You believe DC is as good as those I mentioned Dav?

One is retired,one isn’t a hooker so it’s a pointless argument,an inform Clark is as good as any current 9 playing the game including Roby.

12 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

One is retired,one isn’t a hooker so it’s a pointless argument,an inform Clark is as good as any current 9 playing the game including Roby.

The question I initially posed was in answer to Dave T's World Class grading, retired or still playing it doesn't matter, I will wager that in years to come Smith will be inducted into the Australian "Immortals" and James Roby will be in the "Hall of Fame" whether or not DC is as good as any current No 9 playing the game today, I doubt very much DC will acheive such standing, to do so a player has literally to be totally exceptional and yes "World Class". As I said in my first post I think that the description "World Class" is to easily banded about, I think that DC is a very good player, but in my personal rating he will not acheive inclusion into the club reserved for the best we (some) have had the pleasure in seeing in the history of the game.

For clarification Dav, what is your description of World Class? and can you give me examples of those playing today who you would consider worthy of that descriptive.

8 hours ago, clogdance said:

Really? and how many thousands of Featherstone, Leigh or Bradford fans for example would travel to the South of France every other weekend?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

The question I initially posed was in answer to Dave T's World Class grading, retired or still playing it doesn't matter, I will wager that in years to come Smith will be inducted into the Australian "Immortals" and James Roby will be in the "Hall of Fame" whether or not DC is as good as any current No 9 playing the game today, I doubt very much DC will acheive such standing, to do so a player has literally to be totally exceptional and yes "World Class". As I said in my first post I think that the description "World Class" is to easily banded about, I think that DC is a very good player, but in my personal rating he will not acheive inclusion into the club reserved for the best we (some) have had the pleasure in seeing in the history of the game.

For clarification Dav, what is your description of World Class? and can you give me examples of those playing today who you would consider worthy of that descriptive.

So you can’t be classed as World Class if you don’t match up to arguably the best 9 or one of the best halfbacks to ever play the game,so by that definition there are absolutely no World Class players currently playing the sport.

As I’ve stated Clark is as good as any current 9 playing the game,so by that definition he can arguably classed as World Class.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

So you can’t be classed as World Class if you don’t match up to arguably the best 9 or one of the best halfbacks to ever play the game,so by that definition there are absolutely no World Class players currently playing the sport.

As I’ve stated Clark is as good as any current 9 playing the game,so by that definition he can arguably classed as World Class.

Thank you, I now know that we both consider World Class has a different meaning to each of us, mine is being totally exceptional amongst the best to have played the game, yours being one of the best playing at the moment no matter at what level that is, no further discussion nessacary.

Archived