Fri 4th Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Catalans Dragons KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/22 at 20:30

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a close entertaining game this one… Wire have a few key players returning and Cats have a few missing. Sort of evens things up in the middle a bit, which is where Warrington have been lacking so far, especially in the first 20 minutes of a game.

I think it will come down to the halfbacks, if Widdop is fit and does play alongside Williams it should make for a great battle against Pearce and Drinkwater. 

Might even be able to attend this one in person too. Can’t wait.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

17 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Could be a close entertaining game this one… Wire have a few key players returning and Cats have a few missing. Sort of evens things up in the middle a bit, which is where Warrington have been lacking so far, especially in the first 20 minutes of a game.

I think it will come down to the halfbacks, if Widdop is fit and does play alongside Williams it should make for a great battle against Pearce and Drinkwater. 

I'm sure he'll prove me wrong at some point but I havne't seen anything from Pearce that suggests to me he is amongst the better SL half backs.

Last week a 19year old Catalan lad Joe Chan got the winning score at Headingley. He also got a vital try in the Semi Final against Hull KR last year. Another 19 year old will be playing  tonight at Warrington in Cesar Rouge. The Limoux boy will just  be playing his third Super League game. It's starting to turn.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 02/03/2022 at 19:45, Desert Skipper said:

Plenty folk have been saying that the Wire pair should be England's half back pairing, god help us if this pair of Aussies will make it a great battle!

Wire have posted on Twitter that there will be a special delivery of the match ball tonight.

I’m really looking forward to this!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

23 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Wire have posted on Twitter that there will be a special delivery of the match ball tonight.

I’m really looking forward to this!

Wonder who will be driving the little car tonight?

My guess is Scott Moore.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

13 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Wonder who will be driving the little car tonight?

My guess is Scott Moore.

On 03/03/2022 at 15:59, muckymunksy said:

Wire to beat Catalan reserves and then sing its our year. 

Thanks for dropping in.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wane says he doesn't believe in moral victories. That's a change of heart, Shaun.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12209/8791355/shaun-wane-pays-tribute-to-wigan-despite-super-league-defeat-to-warrington

"For me, it's a moral victory," said Wane, who went into the game without eight senior players through injury.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Franco finally overthrown.

Hadnt expected to see him pop up on the left wing.

Lovely pass for Whiteley to score.

How many English players could do that?

Bit harsh on Les Cats that, thought the ball went back off McMeekin.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Bit harsh on Les Cats that, thought the ball went back off McMeekin.

Yeah he got that wrong, should have been six again.

McDermott laying it on a bit thick with the 'Warrington have self-destructed' stuff, we've been rubbish but conceded one try.

Archived