Fri 11th Mar: SL: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/22 at 20:30

Just now, Ant said:

NRL now give a penalty instead of a set restarts inside the 40m. Good tweak imo

Yes . They still don’t mind giving them away on their own line early in the count , i often wonder if there should be an option to kick at goal 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JohnM said:

Every Saints player strives all the time. Pushing hard in the tackle, fast off the mark, high intensity, never taking a backward step.   Wire and others need to learn from that.

They also seem to get away with being offside more, holding down, head shots and other infringements as well, imo

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Williams and Widdop , again. Is it the lack oomph in the middle not giving them a platform or theyre just not performing

Exactly the same issue leeds are having, there’s not much halves can do when they are getting steamrolled in the middle

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

We have stopped giving penalties for things that have been penalties for decades. It seems to have been done with little thought for what is quite a fundamental change. 

I think the game is better with the 6 again but perfectly happy if others have a different opinion.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Wellsby drops the ball and immediately appeals to the ref.

Makinson hits Thewlis high and off the ball and immediately appeals to the ref.

Some sort of connection here?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Dunbar said:

I think the game is better with the 6 again but perfectly happy if others have a different opinion.

Fair dos. I think it is a perfect example of putting something in and suffering unintended consequences. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We have stopped giving penalties for things that have been penalties for decades.

Im sure moving off the mark used to be a penalty ? Now youre politely asked to go back 

Did we practice anything in the week besides Hail Mary passes out wide inside our own 20?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Just Browny said:

Did we practice anything in the week besides Hail Mary passes out wide inside our own 20?

The last half hour has been embarrassing and shown that we don't have an ineffective pack there, we have a non-existent pack. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Why isn't the marker allowed to tackle the arm of the dummy half? At what stage did that become a penalty, or has it always been the case? 

I think he can hit the ball but not the arm, or something.

Flip a coin, I think. 

Just now, Ant said:

I think he can hit the ball but not the arm, or something.

Flip a coin, I think. 

Yeah, it sounds familiar, but I was wondering the background to it, as it makes no sense tbh. 

Twice in two minutes Bullock has just been stood in the way.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Fair dos. I think it is a perfect example of putting something in and suffering unintended consequences. 

Before the six again game in, for the first time in my life I was turning off games because I was fed up with just watching penalty after penalty.  In the NRL (where the stats are more available) there were 30 odd penalties a game.  Not for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The last half hour has been embarrassing and shown that we don't have an ineffective pack there, we have a non-existent pack. 

Defended admirably Dave but the pack couldn’t break an egg. 

On the plus side, at least you aren’t Leeds!

I think the score is relatively flattering for us tbh. My point about cohesion in the pack is demonstrated by Danny Walker, two shockers to props who are not expecting the ball. One stopped us attacking their line, one gifted a try. 

Archived