Tottenham Hotspur , a mess

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Anybody already been to it by coach ? , As in ' soccer ' or NFL ? 

What's the situation with parking/dropping off , picking up ?

I think someone had posed a similar question on the Sheffield and Whitehaven boards. Keep an eye out

2 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

The normal away fan coach parking is about 10 minutes walk from the stadium, although presumably there will be way more coaches coming down than for a prem game, so worth checking with your trip operator where they think they're going to park. 

The point exactly , everybody is an away fan , few from the local area , probably 5/6 times more places needed than a PL game , expecting similar problems ( on a smaller scale ) for the Bash at Headingley 

Just now, Scubby said:

I think someone had posed a similar question on the Sheffield and Whitehaven boards. Keep an eye out

Situation we have is 2/3 days after we play Sheffield or Haven the people who run the coach travel are away on holiday for a week , it can't be left until after the game to make arrangements , we just dont have the time , not being presumptuous , just trying to find the facts 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The point exactly , everybody is an away fan , few from the local area , probably 5/6 times more places needed than a PL game , expecting similar problems ( on a smaller scale ) for the Bash at Headingley 

This has some details of how coaches can book a permit to park in the coach zones, so worth getting in touch if you're planning a trip. Although I'd hope the RFL would be on top of this too...

https://ask.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004033659-Visiting-supporters-guide

7 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

This has some details of how coaches can book a permit to park in the coach zones, so worth getting in touch if you're planning a trip. Although I'd hope the RFL would be on top of this too...

https://ask.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004033659-Visiting-supporters-guide

Seems they want your shoe size to book a coach permit 😉 , must arrive 2/3 hours before event , early start from Leyth to get there for 10am 🙄

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Seems they want your shoe size to book a coach permit 😉 , must arrive 2/3 hours before event , early start from Leyth to get there for 10am 🙄

They might waive the 2 hour cutoff for the 1895 final, as the vast bulk of the coaches won't be arriving until after kickoff. I wouldnt cut it too fine though, the North Circular can get pretty busy even on a Saturday. 

Parking is not the best around the stadium, but I definitely would advocate train, station is a couple of hundred yards walk to a very impressive stadium. I've been to one Spurs game there and everything in the stadium was first class.

47 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

I've been to one Spurs game there and everything in the stadium was first class.

Except presumably Spurs themselves 😆

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

That sounds great tbf, on the coach at 6, pass the ales around, quick stop at Stafford Services for more beers and nobody remembers getting to the stadium let alone anything about the match. 

15 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The 2-3 hours seems to be for if the roads are closed as they would be for a football event. They may not be as the Met Police may feel they don't need to either segregate fans or maintain a presence that would require road closures.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Situation we have is 2/3 days after we play Sheffield or Haven the people who run the coach travel are away on holiday for a week , it can't be left until after the game to make arrangements , we just dont have the time , not being presumptuous , just trying to find the facts 

you'll be fine... 

wont beat eagles anyway 😛 

2 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Parking is not the best around the stadium, but I definitely would advocate train, station is a couple of hundred yards walk to a very impressive stadium. I've been to one Spurs game there and everything in the stadium was first class.

this is my plan and really looking forward to it.

8 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Which is why I was asking for personal experience , rather than the ' party line ' of " Tottenham Hotspur are a massive club , I'm sure they can deal with it " , bottom line is they won't have anywhere near enough capacity to cope IMO , funnily enough same applies to Headingley for the Bash 🙄

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The 2-3 hours seems to be for if the roads are closed as they would be for a football event. They may not be as the Met Police may feel they don't need to either segregate fans or maintain a presence that would require road closures.

Hopefully there will be more information shortly , 2/3 weeks isn't really enough 

7 hours ago, RP London said:

this is my plan and really looking forward to it.

To get from Leigh ( that doesn't have a train station , just in case you didn't know 😉 ) to WHL for 11 am on a Saturday , what time do you think I'd have to leave ? , bearing in mind I've travelled on the London tube twice in my life , and one of those was in 1978 🤔

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

To get from Leigh ( that doesn't have a train station , just in case you didn't know 😉 ) to WHL for 11 am on a Saturday , what time do you think I'd have to leave ? , bearing in mind I've travelled on the London tube twice in my life , and one of those was in 1978 🤔

7am

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Leigh+Sports+Village,+Leigh+Sports+Stadium,+Sale+Wy,+Leigh+WN7+4JY/Tottenham+Hotspur+Stadium,+High+Road,+London/@52.5155893,-2.4808121,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m18!4m17!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b06fe76078a8d:0x4dd1b75f9ca97fa!2m2!1d-2.5309891!2d53.489954!1m5!1m1!1s0x48761e98d5d88ec3:0x572dd66a0e5f79bf!2m2!1d-0.0662152!2d51.6042322!2m3!6e1!7e2!8j1648897200!3e3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Well that was an interesting couple of hours trying to find a decent price , best I came up with was about a hundred quid return , that's just Wigan to Euston , add on the extra for a London travel pass ( so I've been told ) at about £ 20 , or I could just get on a coach at thirtyish quid , sit down crack open a can and get off outside WHL 

?🤔

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

That explains a lot

Archived