Challenge Cup Semi-Final Draw

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans were made to pay £500k bond in case they reached the Final and didn’t sell enough tickets, if Catalans are required to do that so should any other club without a good enough following 

Oh do shush

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans were made to pay £500k bond in case they reached the Final and didn’t sell enough tickets, if Catalans are required to do that so should any other club without a good enough following 

This is poor form.

Honestly, Hull KR and Huddersfield deserve their shot on merit. Lots of very loyal supporters on both sides.

24 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Hull KR have a terrific away following and if they don't fill it what dose it matter ? Or Huddersfield for that matter.

I'm sure the fans of either of those will have a wonderful day out and great memories for those who do go, i have seen my team in 2 challenge cup finals and i couldn't have cared less if i was the only one there, my team deserved to be there and i was proud to watch them.

24 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You took about 250 to Wigan the other week.

Shameless.

Just now, daz39 said:

I'm sure the fans of either of those will have a wonderful day out and great memories for those who do go, i have seen my team in 2 challenge cup finals and i couldn't have cared less if i was the only one there, my team deserved to be there and i was proud to watch them.

Exactly! I felt 10 feet tall the day we beat Hull at Wembley in a game we had NO CHANCE in,the rest is history.

38 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Didn't the RFL back down on that.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 minutes ago, Scubby said:

This is poor form.

Honestly, Hull KR and Huddersfield deserve their shot on merit. Lots of very loyal supporters on both sides.

They absolutely do, but when Catalans won the cup in front of 50,000 they had to pay a bond to re-enter the cup incase they were to reach the final again and the crowd was lower than expected. 

Just now, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They absolutely do, but when Catalans won the cup in front of 50,000 they had to pay a bond to re-enter the cup incase they were to reach the final again and the crowd was lower than expected. 

They never paid the bond the RFL backed down

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I believe Toulouse stopped entering the cup as they wouldn’t pay and haven’t played in it since 

Explain what TO has to do with your claim about Catalan.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Exactly! I felt 10 feet tall the day we beat Hull at Wembley in a game we had NO CHANCE in,the rest is history.

Oh do shush.

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

A wonderful day, remember it so well even though I was in short trousers.

And you too.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

He knows they did. He's losing his way a bit. Let's hope Uncle Gary has some luck on his Aussie shopping trip

Hopefully Royce Simmonds 😄

Not really sure what to make of this, I usually enjoy your contributions but surely you're not trying to make a humorous quip about a bloke with a terrific RL career who now has Alzheimer's?

Apologies if I've misunderstood somehow.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Not really sure what to make of this, I usually enjoy your contributions but surely you're not trying to make a humorous quip about a bloke with a terrific RL career who now has Alzheimer's?

Apologies if I've misunderstood somehow.

I didn't know about his condition so it was an innocent post. That is very sad to hear.

It was a reference to his disastrous spell at St Helens. Apologies all round.

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I didn't know about his condition so it was an innocent post. That is very sad to hear.

It was a reference to his disastrous spell at St Helens. Apologies all round.

No problem mate, I was very surprised as I thought it was common knowledge.

Didn’t think you were the type to post stuff like that so no offence taken and happy for the relevant posts to be removed if folk see fit.

11 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I am more ambtious and optimistic about the game than 90% people here and why would I know when championship playoff finals are . 

I  hope so if Giants get there we can see a promotion and rfl should be selling it out regardless. 

But when we know sky dont show giants games because they look atrocious on tv and budgets are incredibly tight for people now,  I have concerns. 

The concern is that the RFL can't sell 30-40,000 tickets to neutral for RL's 2nd biggest showpiece of the year - not whether the finalists can do their job for them.

It wasn't that long ago finalists were given a 10,000 ticket allocation and the rest were sold to neutrals. The RFL has ###### about with the cup to such an extent and now seems to be managing its decline by keeping its fingers crossed that well supported clubs will get to the final and do their job for them.

The last final Huddersfield were in drew an attendance of 76,560. The Giants will probably take the same number of fans to Spurs as they did that day in 2009.

Archived