Jump to content

Looks impressive, but is it yet another false dawn for us Cas fans


Recommended Posts


Finally things are happening at Cas and Wakey. And it's no surprise that it comes just after the council started to stop being an obstruction and started helping like other local authorities have over the past two decades.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Looks good on paper, but will a spade ever break the ground, should have gone down this route 20 years ago rather than pipe dreams.

The point is these things can never happen without funding. And that almost always comes back to local authority backing one way or another. It wasn't present in a serious way before and now is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got my fingers crossed. Come on Cas'!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, M j M said:

The point is these things can never happen without funding. And that almost always comes back to local authority backing one way or another. It wasn't present in a serious way before and now is.

It's not quite as simple as that with 3 professional teams in the district. They tried to support Cas and Wakey with varying degrees of competence and success but were never going to fund a full stadium for any of them as the other two would cry foul and funding 3 full stadiums was never going to happen.

This is a good solution though and while 2m wont buy a new stadium it will help them all improve what they have. Trouble is I dont think Cas or Wakey would have taken this deal 10/15 years ago.

  • Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

It's not quite as simple as that with 3 professional teams in the district. They tried to support Cas and Wakey with varying degrees of competence and success but were never going to fund a full stadium for any of them as the other two would cry foul and funding 3 full stadiums was never going to happen.

This is a good solution though and while 2m wont buy a new stadium it will help them all improve what they have. Trouble is I dont think Cas or Wakey would have taken this deal 10/15 years ago.

Why? I think its a great deal and much more preferable for both clubs than some out of town nondescript development.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, M j M said:

The point is these things can never happen without funding. And that almost always comes back to local authority backing one way or another. It wasn't present in a serious way before and now is.

The majority of funding will come from development of the land at J32 and until that's a definite goer it's just a plan. £2m from WMDC won't go far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think 3 standing sides with a seated main stand would be better IMO but anything is an improvement at this stage.

That is what they are proposing. A seated main stand, 3 standing sides. From the pictures the currently open railway end will have a roof and the other 2 terraced stands would have new roofs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

At least you've got a few bob this time. That £2m from WMDC should pay for some real improvements.

Or just better quality artists impressions.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

That is what they are proposing. A seated main stand, 3 standing sides. From the pictures the currently open railway end will have a roof and the other 2 terraced stands would have new roofs.

I thought SL grounds had to have at least 3000 seats ? Or as it changed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Damien said:

Minimum requirements are long gone.

Good job then lol,always said cas should stay at Wheldon Road and develop it. Decent ground once done up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

Minimum requirements are long gone.

Are they ? Whitehaven were told their ground didn’t meet Superleague requirements last season when they were in the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Why? I think its a great deal and much more preferable for both clubs than some out of town nondescript development.

Well the smart learn from others mistakes. As a SRD type, it would be all so easy to pass ridicule and scorn on this and previous plans that have faltered.

But no, I think Cas and to a lesser degree Wakey have played the best card possible in prioritizing the team and thus providing numerous wonderful moments for the supporters. Sure the bogs are grim,  but you can not complain about three finals and a hub cap in the last few seasons. I and I hope others can see that its more accidental than purpose that this has happened. 

But eventually we all know the present can not survive. Aside from decay, I am sure the fans themselves aspire for modernity and flushing toilets. New facilities should raise further funds for the team and club as a whole.

Get it built.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Are they ? Whitehaven were told their ground didn’t meet Superleague requirements last season when they were in the playoffs.

How did London get into Super League then? How are Wakefield in Super League? I don't see how any minimum requirements could allow either to be in Super League.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Damien said:

How did London get into Super League then? How are Wakefield in Super League? I don't see how any minimum requirements could allow either to be in Super League.

Because you can apply for an exemption, although you are also supposedly to work on meeting the standards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...