Sun 8th May: 1895 SF: Barrow Raiders v Featherstone Rovers KO 14:00

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/22 at 13:30

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Might not be winning but that stadium looks lovely in the sunshine.  Enough in this Barrow team for playoffs. 

Proper old school ground mate not many left. Talking to some Huddersfield fans when they were up they loved it. 

12 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

They look bigger and faster than us to me.

You won't convince me we can beat them until I'm buying a season ticket that says "Super League" on it.😀

Err dave . .... First home game of the season mate....... I'm sure we beat some team......😊😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I still think Leigh are miles ahead of us (Fev)

They play a very direct style up the middle which is very effective, and they defend well. Creatively...they look moderate to me. If they can't bash their way through route-one style, they seem to struggle to open up a defence.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Aye, at mud wrestling.

Every time I've seen Leigh since, I'm convinced they're well ahead of us.

Maybe I'm just a pessimistic old git

I’m like you David - But having watched Fev patiently build a win today and then Leigh stutter to a win then I think we’ve got enough about us to take them. Either way a great final in prospect and I’m looking forward to a trip to Tottenham 💙⚪

• Like 1

I just have Leigh favorites with their full time status and strong pack but two very evenly matched teams who are likely going to play each other 5 times this year now. There’s only one of those games that truly counts.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

14 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I still think Leigh are miles ahead of us (Fev)

We were terribly yesterday , but as we all know , Sheffield and their coach can put together one off performances when needed , yesterday was one of those days , they'll probably get ' tattered ' next week against a bottom 3 team 

11 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Aye, at mud wrestling.

Every time I've seen Leigh since, I'm convinced they're well ahead of us.

Maybe I'm just a pessimistic old git

BUT don't forget in that mud wrestling. Leilua wet off after 8 minutes we played Hardcastle  a centre in the second row and we were without Kheirallah Gale Jacks Kopczak Sene-Lefao and we still have  to add Hepi and Ford

14 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Err dave . .... First home game of the season mate....... I'm sure we beat some team......😊😊

Which was that Robin?

I have expunged that from this seasons record books - albeit you can keep the points - it came too early for a Leigh team that had just been brought together and the conditions didn't help but both teams had to play in the same, we have both strengthened our rosters since then and I am sure the next games will be approched much differently by both teams, the next two league encounters are the ones that matter, if Leigh win the first it is all on for the Bash, Fev win and they must be clear favs to go up, as I have said before home advantage in the GF will be all important although I think it should be at a neutral venue, but I would understand any Fev fan disagreeing with that because of the last two Finals when you had to travel, as a Leigh fan I hope we make it 3 on the bounce though🙄

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is that the old Rope a Dope trick you are playing David?

No mate, you're bigger and faster than we are. I reckon we can compete for 65-70 minutes, but in a close game you'll take it in the last 10 mins.

Your defensive line speed in particular blows ours away.

13 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They play a very direct style up the middle which is very effective, and they defend well. Creatively...they look moderate to me. If they can't bash their way through route-one style, they seem to struggle to open up a defence.

Totally agree Phantom, can we please have two of your many halfbacks to improve our situation?

Macdonald had a stinker yesterday, but with him Inu and Ferguson out wide and Aekins chiming in from Full Back we should be getting the ball wide as often as possible, then the direct up the middle style becomes an addition to the offence not the necessity that coping without playmakers is as now.

It is always going to be difficult to call as I think Fev half backs are better and if the forwards can them the room to play I would fancy us to win more than we will lose. Sounds like we are in talks to sign Fecki on loan from Cas.