Jump to content

Mon 27th Jun: Ch: Barrow Raiders v Halifax Panthers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)


Who will win?  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Barrow Raiders
      25
    • Halifax Panthers
      13

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/22 at 19:15

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Head in to his head and we end up with 2 players off. What a joke.

Fully justified sendings off those. 

  • Like 5

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doffs cap to Fax, Fully deserved & strange game this as either fax have nullified us very well or we just aren’t at the races & naive at best.

 

1 try back for us but surely Fax will slow this right down now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised to see people saying Miloudi did nothing wrong. He's got his arm round Worthington's head trying to pull him down in a very dangerous manner, then tries to stick the nut on him too. He should have had a red card and can probably expect a ban from the disciplinary for it. Worthington got what you get for retaliating these days but I don't blame him.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colin James said:

Surprised to see people saying Miloudi did nothing wrong. He's got his arm round Worthington's head trying to pull him down in a very dangerous manner, then tries to stick the nut on him too. He should have had a red card and can probably expect a ban from the disciplinary for it. Worthington got what you get for retaliating these days but I don't blame him.

He didn’t try to nut him at all, take another look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Doffs cap to Fax, Fully deserved & strange game this as either fax have nullified us very well or we just aren’t at the races & naive at best.

 

1 try back for us but surely Fax will slow this right down now 

Naive is definitely the word. 

The top sides stick to their game plan and grind when they need too. As soon as it gets tough we go completely away from any game plan and collapse. Happened against Fev, Batley and Halifax twice now. 

It will improve as we get more championship games under our belt, this is still an inexperienced side at this level. I think we have enough ability to beat the sides below us but I can't see us beating the top 5.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Disgraceful reffing.

Are you serious fella? both straight reds, he landed 4 punches to the face and head, Miloudi was dazed and trying to drag an injured player up is a straight red. Fax were the better team and stronger team. Just own up to the big bans ahead, they are justified.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Are you serious fella? both straight reds, he landed 4 punches to the face and head, Miloudi was dazed and trying to drag an injured player up is a straight red. Fax were the better team and stronger team. Just own up to the big bans ahead, they are justified.

Ive watched the incident numerous times now and not changed my view. The ref had not even given a penalty until Worthington threw a punch. Maloudi hits Worthington round the head with his first attempt. Should have meant the whistle going before he had the chance to have another go, he then gets him in an illegal hold around his head which is a crusher type hold(Ironically I gave a coaching session just before this game where I talked about being careful about putting people in illegal holds) but he also separates his head away from Worthington and then goes back in which although its not really malicious its still a headbutt. Ive no problem with the Worthington red card, the Gwaze one is soft because Miloudi milked it but I stick to what I said originally that the ref calls the first head high tackle which was awful technique then we don't lose 2 players for the next 5+ games. Then the worse thing is we got the penalty which made out like they saw the high tackle, watch the actions of the touch judge and ref, they were not giving it till the punch.

 

On the game itself, Ive said before I think this is the best Fax team since 2010 and its just a shame we lost the Widnes gain in watersplash conditions because once the dry grounds have come we play some beatiful rugby league. A quality performance and a game i think we could have easily lost if we turned up with the wrong attitude because Barrow are not a bad side.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...