Tonight, Sheffield v Batley

RogerT

What's the score?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

That's what we are wondering, he as been kicking them from the side lines for fun, we had better be scoring under the sticks then,

People been discussing recently on how the club can develop and grow as a brand. It was frustrating trying to follow the game this evening. Not great for the game at this level if you can barely get updates on what's going on. 

I did notice the Eagles twitter account was fairly up to date with a minute by minute account of what was going on. They also put the minute of the game on the tweet so you knew how long was left. Is this not something we could do?

Good call Linners I went on there to see who converted Whites try, yes it was Hooley, as you say shame we have to go onto the opposing teams twitter to find out. 

a wins a win,but we looked lost after half an hour,same runs trying to bust tru middle time after time when it to come out more,same kick at end a set bar one that grubered thru and almost forced a misstake, how sheffield dident nick that in last 15 as they did throw ball about a bit more than us, we need to throw ball about for next game a bit more,still a win so well done the DOGGIES.

17 hours ago, silverback said:

a wins a win,but we looked lost after half an hour,same runs trying to bust tru middle time after time when it to come out more,same kick at end a set bar one that grubered thru and almost forced a misstake, how sheffield dident nick that in last 15 as they did throw ball about a bit more than us, we need to throw ball about for next game a bit more,still a win so well done the DOGGIES.

Sometimes you have to remember it's not all about scoring points, after a great first opening 15 mins for us, this game turned in a battle of attrition for both sides, I thought not just batley but both teams defended strongly, sheffield threw everything at us in the last 15 minutes and we managed to hold out with everyone of our boys defending for their lives, they knew how important it was to win this game, and they did what they had to do it wasn't pretty but a great team performance. 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Sometimes you have to remember it's not all about scoring points, after a great first opening 15 mins for us, this game turned in a battle of attrition for both sides, I thought not just batley but both teams defended strongly, sheffield threw everything at us in the last 15 minutes at we managed to hold out with everyone of our boys defending for their lives, they knew how important it was to win this game and they did what they had to do it wasn't pretty but a great team performance. 

Correct it’s about getting the Win rather than the performance 

Just seen t'ightlights, 2 tries poor affairs, Thackeray must have been a ringer, never run that far for a try in his career whilst being watched and admired....

14 hours ago, phildog said:

A step-up to York Rog....I know we can't be world-beaters and run brings round everybody but we can't have careless spells either.

Don't think we're having a careless spell, I just think  teams are upping their game when it comes to playing us and putting that extra 10% in, which can sometimes make it frustrating for fans when we're not racking up loads of points! Don't forget our boys did a full day's work before playing Friday and it was pretty warm,and we still won, so it was in my view a great effort by the boys,hopefully this week's extended break will allow the boys to recharge for what will be a tough game at York, 

• Like 3