Noble wants Bulls considered in SL restructure proposals

Not hearing very complementary things about Nigel’s response to fans following the game earlier in the week.

Not sure if his response was warranted following the actions of the fans or not, but from what I hear, not the actions of a leader in love with the club.

Does anybody know more about this?

48 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Not hearing very complementary things about Nigel’s response to fans following the game earlier in the week.

Not sure if his response was warranted following the actions of the fans or not, but from what I hear, not the actions of a leader in love with the club.

Does anybody know more about this?

You obviously seem to know enough. Why not elaborate?

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Sheffield? They have a short term lease on a stadium with a capacity of 1320. Even if fully developed it would only be 3500 with less than 800 seats.

Sheffield would probably be one of the 4 clubs gone in any 2x10 scenario. London and Newcastle would make the cut. Both have good stadiums.

Edited by NW10LDN

1 hour ago, NW10LDN said:

Sheffield would probably be one of the 4 clubs gone in any 2x10 scenario. London and Newcastle would make the cut. Both have good stadiums.

London almost certainly wouldn’t get in any pulling up of the drawbridge if they were based in the north. They’re not even the best run club in London. 

1 hour ago, NW10LDN said:

Four ?

To bring us down from 26 to 2x10 ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

London almost certainly wouldn’t get in any pulling up of the drawbridge if they were based in the north. They’re not even the best run club in London. 

I don't think IMG care about that.

I see Nige has released a statement on the club twitter account.

The accusation @Jughead is that he was confronted by fans outside his suite and after a brief engagement told them to “make an offer for the club” and said he would consider it, before turning around and drawing the curtains in his suite.

2 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

I don't think IMG care about that.

IMG will almost certainly care about how strong London Broncos are in their present guise and how strong they’ll likely be in the short, medium and long term. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

IMG will almost certainly care about how strong London Broncos are in their present guise and how strong they’ll likely be in the short, medium and long term. 

IMG care about future growth and I am willing to be they will take London in over Sheffield. They still have an owner who is willing to put money in. A return to licensing will see a review every few years so Broncos will still have to prove their worth.

1 minute ago, NW10LDN said:

IMG care about future growth and I am willing to be they will take London in over Sheffield. They still have an owner who is willing to put money in. A return to licensing will see a review every few years so Broncos will still have to prove their worth.

They’re a part-time club with no assets, money going out on four different stadiums presently, an ever decreasing fanbase and an owner who’s cut his funding of the club meaning they’ve had to go part-time and are in a relegation battle whilst being at their lowest ebb for a generation. Regardless of the fact that their name happens to be London, they shouldn’t be anywhere near any licencing based competition.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

They’re a part-time club with no assets, money going out on four different stadiums presently, an ever decreasing fanbase and an owner who’s cut his funding of the club meaning they’ve had to go part-time and are in a relegation battle whilst being at their lowest ebb for a generation. Regardless of the fact that their name happens to be London, they shouldn’t be anywhere near any licencing based competition.

Tell that to IMG then.

Just now, Jughead said:

I’ve more faith in IMG than London Broncos and The RFL. 

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they keep London in so your faith is may be misplaced.

Just now, NW10LDN said:

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they keep London in so your faith is may be misplaced.

If they do, any licencing period will not have been completed fairly, just as it wasn’t previously and just as it was then, the credibility will go down quicker than the next London Broncos new, new era at whatever ground they park up at next. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Aye but now we do actually have clubs with stadium to replace those teams.  (Leigh York Newcastle, even Sheffield if someone put the cash in) 

At least from next year Wakey will finally have a proper stadium. 

No, they'll have a demolished, hopefully partly build new stand, the rest of the ground will still be a crumbling dump.

On 09/07/2022 at 10:37, meast said:

You can't consider putting a team into the top tier of a sports league because they're based in a large population centre.

Bradford are done, they are a club with a recent history of success, but that success has come at a price.

The only way Bradford should be considered for the top flight again is if they get their shambles of a club in order and competitive on the field.

Otherwise how many other teams do we consider having in the top flight due to the population of the area they're based in?

Forget Bradford, it's done.

Your right, Bradford wouldn't meet a single one of the criteria should we ever return to licencing except maybe for local population size.

Their time has been & gone. The only way they could make a come back is if they got a very rich new owner willing to invest vast sums of cash and build the club back up.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I think there are two clear points here:

1. Bradford is an obvious location for a Super League team for a whole host of reasons.

2. Bradford Bulls, for a whole host of reasons, haven't been in a position to deliver that Super League team for over a decade.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think there are two clear points here:

1. Bradford is an obvious location for a Super League team for a whole host of reasons.

2. Bradford Bulls, for a whole host of reasons, haven't been in a position to deliver that Super League team for over a decade.

I think there is a very good chance - not likelihood but it must be on the table of possibilities - that a franchise league proposal does suggest 10-12 places where they would like teams, not all of which will have teams currently and not all of the rest will have the expectation that the current weak teams will be the ones to run the franchise.

You'd definitely include Bradford in your possibles for that 10-12 team league. You'd definitely exclude the current Bulls from being the franchise.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)