Odsal Sports City

10 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

The council thinks £50million quid will put a roof over the stadium, build a hotel and convert the former biggest landfill site in West Yorkshire to playing fields.

This bid is for £50m. The cost is a lot more than that - funding for the gap would need to be found.

Your point is sound though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

oh, i don't know after all Bradford have a labour council and we know just how likely it is this government will give one of them any money

Speculation from the Idle Working Men's Club?

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

22 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

The council thinks £50million quid will put a roof over the stadium, build a hotel and convert the former biggest landfill site in West Yorkshire to playing fields.

Well, no. The £50m and the fact that the council own the majority of the brownfield sites surrounding it which are 1 short (still to be built) access road to the motorway network will help. I would assume they're thinking £50m and allowing Caddick construction to sell the 2000 homes they'll be allowed to build at the site where Caddick (i think) have the contract for the park end of the park and ride scheme will allow them to keep the stadium. The financial and legal discussions behind the scene for who puts in what initially and what % they get at the end must be complex. 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is further down the road than people think:)

Paul

Care to elaborate?

Once the bid has been submitted, I don't see how it can be any further down the road until a decision on the funding has been made?

• Like 1