Odsal Sports City

To keep this on Bradford specifically, I think Bradford fans have every right to question NW on decisions relating to the club prior to his direct ownership; especially considering since the initial administration he oversaw the RFL purchase of Odsal (and therefore the RFL financial interest in the Bulls remaining as tenants), and of course that he ultimately approved each successive new ownership regime during his tenure. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

To keep this on Bradford specifically, I think Bradford fans have every right to question NW on decisions relating to the club prior to his direct ownership; especially considering since the initial administration he oversaw the RFL purchase of Odsal (and therefore the RFL financial interest in the Bulls remaining as tenants), and of course that he ultimately approved each successive new ownership regime during his tenure. 

He also knew full well of the state Andrew Chalmers left the NZRL in. Plenty on here did too.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

He also knew full well of the state Andrew Chalmers left the NZRL in. Plenty on here did too.

Well I suspect the Chalmers deal is the point of most contention in relation to Wood. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Well I suspect the Chalmers deal is the point of most contention in relation to Wood. 

Most Bulls fans would have preferred Judith Chalmers - she would have treated it less like a holiday!

Edited by Scubby
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Genuine question. Are Bradford actually playing on a full sized pitch yet at Odsal? 

Another genuine question.  When did they ever play on a full-sized field at Odsal?  Unless I'm mistaken they never had a full-length field of play there.

25 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Another genuine question.  When did they ever play on a full-sized field at Odsal?  Unless I'm mistaken they never had a full-length field of play there.

Fair comment. But I am referring to minimum standards which they were given a few weeks dispensation over a year ago?

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Fair comment. But I am referring to minimum standards which they were given a few weeks dispensation over a year ago?

We can confirm works to Odsal Stadium’s pitch has now been completed to meet the RFL’s regulations - and include the tallest posts in British Rugby League.

The pitch now measures at 88m long by 55m wide, with in goal areas measuring 6 metres.

The completion of these works means dispensation is no longer required

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/1133/odsal-pitch-works-completed

Although the official RFL Pitch Dimensions handbook doesn't have minimum, only preferred, dimensions for Tiers 1-3

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm not too sure what you mean about the cheap comps and sponsors. His Stobart approach was probably the right one, terribly executed, and absolutely battered by fans and media just telling it like it is,

Stobart was a Richard Lewis thing.

As a general point, I'd take Nigel Wood back right now if it meant we could get rid of Rimmer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, M j M said:

As a general point, I'd take Nigel Wood back right now if it meant we could get rid of Rimmer.

The daftest thing about the Stobart thing was the strapline accompanying the pictures on the trucks 

" Its all about following your local team " 

What's the point of that when these ' mobile billboards ' are travelling all over the country being seen by literally millions of people who don't have a local team to follow ?🤔 

Surely it should have been more SKY orientated as that is what it actually was , a mobile SKY SL advert 

5 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Wasn't the Stobart deal the only one available because some clubs didn't want Betfair as sponsor?

Richard Lewis didn't want Betfair as the sponsor.

If he had stayed with the RFL, I doubt whether we would have had Betfred as the current sponsor of our competitions.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Dodging a bullet by being hit by a different bullet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The daftest thing about the Stobart thing was the strapline accompanying the pictures on the trucks 

" Its all about following your local team " 

What's the point of that when these ' mobile billboards ' are travelling all over the country being seen by literally millions of people who don't have a local team to follow ?🤔 

Surely it should have been more SKY orientated as that is what it actually was , a mobile SKY SL advert 

The daftest thing about the Stobart deal was the ability to drive a lorry around the Odsal pitch and the park it under the Coral stand for a home game. 

On 22/07/2022 at 14:00, Tommygilf said:

At the time I remember the administrator put out a couple of gentle warning statements to the rfl about interference. 
An administrator has significant legal power and responsibility in his narrow field. At times, the administrator felt he had found the best investor to maximise income to the creditors only for the rfl to say they wouldn’t sell the lease. 
I always wonder what would have happened with the first administrator if he felt selling the lease in the first place had meant the rfl prioritised themselves as creditors. He had the legal power to challenge that. 

• Like 1

On 23/07/2022 at 09:29, M j M said:

I wasnt sure about Stobart - Wood was firmly CEO by then and Lewis was taking more of a back seat before leaving that year. I thought Lewis was behind a drive to move away from bookies etc. but Wood drove the diversification approach, which led to Stobart. 

• Like 1