Bulldogs v Vikings predictions.

Dog forever

Poor today, but coaches and players won't need telling. Basics went awry, too much field position given away on our line, asleep for their first and 2nd tries, gave another away from not flelding the high ball, then got cheated out of another from a ridiculous decision on Wardy's massive ball dislodge. They kicked better both up and downhill and put pressure on and we didn't. ALL on a day when we could have done ourselves a massive favour with the results around us. A big refresh is needed now, guys in the queue need to come into the reckoning....a deadly important trio staring us in the face. Add into the mix the various usual player rumours just to set fans' nerves on edge....

Not a bad game I thought. Widnes out Batleyied, Batley! It struck me at the end how Widnes players and fans celebrated. Reminded me of when we turn over a big club away from home 😁

Best team won end of the day, so I've no complaints (although the ref was pants)

• Like 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

57 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Not a bad game I thought. Widnes out Batleyied, Batley! It struck me at the end how Widnes players and fans celebrated. Reminded me of when we turn over a big club away from home 😁

Best team won end of the day, so I've no complaints (although the ref was pants)

It's fantastic when you beat a big club away from home. It's when you lose to a little club at home that's worrying 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tough day all round. That 20 minutes after half time when we just couldn’t get out of our half killed us…but full credit to the lads, who dragged themselves right back into the game until the interception try…

They were a different team to those that we destroyed at their place, JK has really put his mark on their defence, and he’d have loved that scrap in the rain.

A reality check and was always gonna be tough today, so no complaints. A defeat has been coming, and rather today than either of the next 2.

• Like 2

Disappointing today can't knock the boys for effort,  but there was an uneasy feeling all round the ground at half time, that we needed that extra score, we just never seemed to get any flowing rugby in the first half, and they had Hooley in their pocket all game, thought we were lucky to go in at 18.6. Second half they just pummelled us down the slope completing sets and turning us around in our own 20 time after time, so much so that we only got out of our half with penalties, you could use the york game as an excuse, but in my opinion today the old master out boxed his apprentice! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Monday in the heat will have taken a lot out of the players. 

Also it is always a big advantage playing downhill second half in those conditions.

Again the conditions suit John Kear's style of play, 4 drives, a move then a kick. 🙂

as was put the master outdid his apprentice,they played the slope better than us but how many tackles did they have when they made it 20 - 18 , i counted at least 6 sets so to defend that many it was always going to come was a try, but should they have had those sets on the bounce as it all started with a penalty to them from what was a fantastic ball dislodge from Wardy which ref saw otherwise  and gave them a penalty and they then did the basics right 5 drives kick to the corner over the line so when we caught it ,they tackled us over the line so drop out and six again. for me the turning point was in the 1st half when we kicked downhill on the 5th a high skyer, they knocked on , Gilmore got the ball and went over the line and penalised for double movement, surely that should have been scrum down our head and feed 1st offence as no advantage taken, that would have put us in the driving seat and harder to come back from. Also the interception try in last few minutes, had the widnes player missed interception then it would have been try in the corner for the Dogs .

One other thing when the brawl started , their trainer looked up at timekeeper to ask how long left and saw him signal 3 mins, but once ref had despatched the players to the bin and restarted game only 35 secs were played, surely when he was consulting with linesman clock should have been stopped.

even though ref was not the best by any stretch of the imagination which was summed up by an ex SL official that he needs to come out of retirement , we were outfoxed by JK.

• Like 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012