Sun 7th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/22 at 14:30

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

As was stated previously. All Moore and Child's mistakes were of course in Leeds favour.

I suppose "the one, singular" can also be ''all" 😄 

Although your strange pluralisation of "mistake" makes me feel you've perhaps still not got over that tremendous beating your team took the other week.

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

how can there be a god forsaken country when they is no god . seems you are mistaking fantasy for reality. you sure your not a Salford fan .

I remember your trilogy of books being mentioned in the Hitchhiker guide to the Galaxy.

Godforsaken is a state of affairs not a recognition of a higher being, this is a forum not masonic qualification.

Salford fans believe in fantasy and reality.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Think this is going to be a great game shame I won't be here to see it. Salford have played some fantastic rugby recently and it's good to see Kallum Watkins back on form. Sat on the fence with the score.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I remember your trilogy of books being mentioned in the Hitchhiker guide to the Galaxy.

Godforsaken is a state of affairs not a recognition of a higher being, this is a forum not masonic qualification.

all people believe just not in everything . I for one believe I'm going to win the euro millions of Friday a fantasy that could turn into reality  

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I am more a magical realism man myself.

"A literary genre in which realistic and naturalistic technique are combined with surreal elements of dream or fantasy."

Salford summed up in a tee.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, M j M said:

I suppose "the one, singular" can also be ''all" 😄 

Although your strange pluralisation of "mistake" makes me feel you've perhaps still not got over that tremendous beating your team took the other week.

No I meant all, as in plural, more than one.

There was the try by Newman . French was penalised for a spear tackle and Leeds scored from it. Normally a spear/tip tackle is automatically before the disciplinary comm but French never got a mention. Obviously because it wasn't a spear tackle and the penalty was a mistake.

Another was penalty against Shorrocks for hitting the passer after the ball had gone. Again that offence is straight before the dis comm but of course Shorrocks wasn't mentioned as he didn't hit the passer and the penalty was a mistake.

As for not getting over a beating, that's laughable. The thread was discussing referees and if you think both Child and Moore were dropped for the Newman try alone then you've plainly watched the game but not seen what was going on. They don't drop referees for one mistake unless it was a game decider, all three mistakes together weren't game deciders as Wigan fans will agree with you, the team was well beaten. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

No I meant all, as in plural, more than one.

There was the try by Newman . French was penalised for a spear tackle and Leeds scored from it. Normally a spear/tip tackle is automatically before the disciplinary comm but French never got a mention. Obviously because it wasn't a spear tackle and the penalty was a mistake.

Another was penalty against Shorrocks for hitting the passer after the ball had gone. Again that offence is straight before the dis comm but of course Shorrocks wasn't mentioned as he didn't hit the passer and the penalty was a mistake.

As for not getting over a beating, that's laughable. The thread was discussing referees and if you think both Child and Moore were dropped for the Newman try alone then you've plainly watched the game but not seen what was going on. They don't drop referees for one mistake unless it was a game decider, all three mistakes together weren't game deciders as Wigan fans will agree with you, the team was well beaten. 

These things even themselves out.

Wigan V Leeds, was it second game of the season, Wigan scored from a ‘kick’ Video ref got it wrong.

Every team will have a bad call at somepoint 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Of the many and multiple denominations Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and the many secular religions and even Atheism as been described as a religion.

I'm not sure of the point here Harry.

2 hours ago, paul hicks said:

all people believe just not in everything . I for one believe I'm going to win the euro millions of Friday a fantasy that could turn into reality  

Exactly my point but you put it so well!

On 03/08/2022 at 22:16, Oxford said:

Exactly my point but you put it so well!

On 03/08/2022 at 11:39, Oxford said:

It is a very strange experience to think SRD can win this game for any Salford fan.

Home advantage + loud support must favour Leeds.

No, no, no, no no, no, no NO Oxford!  You've been 'mellowed' by living in the DRre

Away advantage with 'nothing to lose', even louder support than the homesters and a team with more talent, a definite very well rehearsed and positive way to play,  means more than the Leeds collective at this present time.  Salfor Red Devils by two scores at least.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

59 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Just because they have been named, doesn’t mean they are fit. First time in ages that Rowley has named a 21 man squad.

Nonetheless, its a strong looking squad 

20 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

No, no, no, no no, no, no NO Oxford!  You've been 'mellowed' by living in the DRre

Away advantage with 'nothing to lose', even louder support than the homesters and a team with more talent, a definite very well rehearsed and positive way to play,  means more than the Leeds collective at this present time.  Salfor Red Devils by two scores at least.

I hope and dream you're correct Pete!

15 hours ago, DG70 said:

Livett, Dupree, and Wright back for Salford, Sarginson last week, their squad is now starting to look quite strong.

If truly ready I agree.

Hard choices for Rowley for a change, if so.

Just about to sit and listen to this by the poolside in Spain (on a bit of a delay)

Was really looking forward to it ....turns out can't listen to it here???????

Can someone please *****ing explain why the hell on earth this would be copyrighted in any way shape or form in blooming Spain....good grief  

Any answers anyone?.....I've not seen score just posting this on end of this thread