The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

39 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Most decorated ?? by reconning he's won 1 NRL and 1 WCC title in his career

You don’t need reconnaissance to find out that sort of info, waste of resources. Just check Wikipedia or something. 

• Like 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

9 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Junky. You clearly don't know what a junky is, silly person. Vaping! 2017 for cocaine, lets be honest he's far from alone in the NRL at all levels. I'll grant you that he's pretty stupid to get caught on both counts, but plenty of top players are very stupid in my experience.

On a far more sensible note, if true, could be brilliant, could be dire, depends on which player we get.

He has no serious injuries so age isn't an issue. He will be one of the most decorated players in SL if not the most, so as I say, if he buys in he's a quality signing.

Finally as a Bradford fan I don't think you're in any position to question the morality of any other club, especially its owners, think on.

What's being a Bradford fan got to do with it?  He's a druggie I wouldn't want him at my club, simple as that.  As always, you get triggered and go on the defensive by anything you deem as a dig at Wakey.   I wasn't singling them out.  There's plenty of other clubs do the same. 

Edited by Ragingbull

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Good Grief Salford now sign another old boy. 

Andrew Dixon, why why why !!

Paul Rowley has already brought him to Leigh and then Toronto, so it was only a matter of time before he ended up at Salford. It's not a spectacular signing that's going to put any new bums on seats, but Dixon is a massive grafter who knows Rowley's systems so will fit in pretty seamlessly. Seen some rumours of you signing James Bell from Saints, which wouldn't surprise me at all as he worked under Haggerty at Leigh in 2021 playing expansive and will suit Salford's attacking style.

• Like 2

He is 32 on a 2 year deal to join Sidlow at 34 also on a 2 year deal. and we already had one of the highest average age of the team. We need to be bringing through younger players, or in 2 years we will have to rebuild the whole team yet again.

Short sighted and blinkered. Not sure either of these signing offer much and for me are less than the players they replace.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Good Grief Salford now sign another old boy. 

Andrew Dixon, why why why !!

Dixon was always one of those players who gave 100% every game but ultimately never had the size, strength or skill set to be a top player. I'm amazed he's been given another shot at SL.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

14 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I seem to recall you being the biggest prophet of doom after the Fev defeat.

This is what I wrote on these pages 2 days before the game at Fev - copied and pasted.

"Fev for me, albeit Leigh put 50 on the scoreboard last week I felt that there were a lot of rusty spots that require rubbing down and honing, it won't happen in two games though but has the season unfolds I expect that this Leigh team - with a few more additions 21 is at the very least 4 or 5 shy - could develop into something very good, Mr Lam has taken a lot of flack for the Wigan performance's in the last couple of years now is his time to throw it back at his doubters. Really looking forward to the game albeit instead of being there I will be indoors in front of a TV, it's a long time since I missed being at Fev for a Leigh game"

Is that worth the famous "Laughing Emoji"

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I seem to recall you being the biggest prophet of doom after the Fev defeat.

And thus is the my reaction post game - again copied and pasted 

"Nothing to do with the pitch Cheadle, if Fev are prepared to throw the ball about like they did in those conditions just think what they will be like on a dry track, they were streets ahead of Leigh in application and ability to keep the ball moving.

Until Leigh get a 6 & 7 who are providers/play makers and not receivers/runners we will struggle when we come up against the better defensive teams, 5 drives in nearly every set is simply not good enough.

As I said earlier in this thread, even though Leigh put 50 on the board last week it was very evident that there was something amiss, it got put down to the player's not knowing each other, that is one part of it but the main thing is we have no one who can guide the team about the field, if last night we could swop Chisholm to the Leigh team we would have witnessed a far different game.

Well well done though Fev they were a joy to watch, can they do a Hull FC of the early 80s and go undefeated in the regular season, on this showing in those conditions they have every chance of doing just that, only complacency could prevent them"

Thank you very much Dav for guiding me back to that thread it made good reading, especially witnessing the joy of those who just want Leigh to fail - not the Fev fans mind, they were commenting on their own team and quite rightly were jubilant with the performance and result, but there were the usual subjects and I must say you personally did not dissapoint one bit, and quite a few others that I do not need to name if they read this they know very well who they are.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Why are the Fev and Legh lot.still banging on at each other? This is a transfers thread. If you do need to keep whining go do it somewhere else instead of hijacking this thread with comments that are completely irrelevant to the OP. 

We ain't are we? Between the Fev and Leigh fans there is a lot of mutual respect, it is others who keep bringing up the rivalry between the two clubs, but it is nothing like the animosity the few Bulls and Fax fans show to each other is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We ain't are we? Between the Fev and Leigh fans there is a lot of mutual respect, it is others who keep bringing up the rivalry between the two clubs, but it is nothing like the animosity the few Bulls and Fax fans show to each other is it?

No rivalry now cos Leigh are in SL and it wasn't a bad rivalry anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Red Willow said:

He is 32 on a 2 year deal to join Sidlow at 34 also on a 2 year deal. and we already had one of the highest average age of the team. We need to be bringing through younger players, or in 2 years we will have to rebuild the whole team yet again.

Short sighted and blinkered. Not sure either of these signing offer much and for me are less than the players they replace.

Can understand the Sidlow signing. In the 2021 season, he was the only Leigh prop that didn't look out of place at SL level (looking far better than Gerrard, who stayed in SL), and was missed when he was injured. Last season he was a big reason for Leigh's dominance, with 65+ minutes week in and week out, and we're still lacking a replacement for him.

Dixon is a strange one, but I guess it depends on what role is in mind for them. Sidlow on the bench and Dixon as a backup squad player isn't the worst, as long as their wages reflect their roles.

5 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

No rivalry now cos Leigh are in SL and it wasn't a bad rivalry anyway. 

I will miss my trip to Fev, always went on the bus so I could mix with the Fev fans for a few scoops pre game, plenty banter from both sets of fans, loved it along with Batley and Barrow my favourite grounds to visit.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like I said, it's transfer thread, not he said she said  Leigh,Fev thread. 

13 hours ago, Red Willow said:

It's Paul's way, he likes experience he will replace them as nessacary, but as you fear it could easily back fire, the older the player the more likelyhood of sustaining injuries then the longer the recovery time. 

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will miss my trip to Fev, always went on the bus so I could mix with the Fev fans for a few scoops pre game, plenty banter from both sets of fans, loved it along with Batley and Barrow my favourite grounds to visit.

Mine are Batley  and Barra.

• Like 2