The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

How do you rate Inman?

Is Moore staying with you Oxy? Inman would make 3 hookers with Moore and Wood wouldn't he. Moore's a bit like Connor Jones for me in that he's not quite a SL hooker but is a top-end Championship 9, so I can't imagine where he'd go if leaving Fax, Fev are set at hooker and he'd presumably be a bit pricey for most other Champs clubs?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Is Moore staying with you Oxy? Inman would make 3 hookers with Moore and Wood wouldn't he. Moore's a bit like Connor Jones for me in that he's not quite a SL hooker but is a top-end Championship 9, so I can't imagine where he'd go if leaving Fax, Fev are set at hooker and he'd presumably be a bit pricey for most other Champs clubs?

I presumed that it would be a replacement for Wood but appears Wood is staying along with Moore. With full time Moore would be a quality SL nine in my opinion and has had plenty of offers to make the move but it comes down to money at the end of the day and no SL team can replace what he will be on at Fax and what he earns for work away from rugby.

Following on from Batchelor extending his contract last week now Paasi has extended his until end of 2025. Thats the 2 main guys who were OOC at the end of next season already signed up on new long term deals for Saints.

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

46 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

A massive upgrade on Briscoe IMO

yep, not sure about massive but an improvement but hardly one that sets the excitement levels up...

Never-the-less Briscoe had been a good player for Leeds over the years. Thought he did OK when he come back from injury later part of season and for me would be a good squad signing for another club.

Compared to Sutcliffe and Zak going who where also versatile regards positions I see no improvement in the Leeds squad with signing to-date including this one. Maybe with the exception of the forward from Toulouse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep, not sure about massive but an improvement but hardly one that sets the excitement levels up...

Never-the-less Briscoe had been a good player for Leeds over the years. Thought he did OK when he come back from injury later part of season and for me would be a good squad signing for another club.

Compared to Sutcliffe and Zak going who where also versatile regards positions I see no improvement in the Leeds squad with signing to-date including this one. Maybe with the exception of the forward from Toulouse.

2024 is where the fun starts with regards to Leeds signings.

I would expect nene macdonald to be announced shortly for next year

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

2024 is where the fun starts with regards to Leeds signings.

I would expect nene macdonald to be announced shortly for next year

We go to almost all home and away games (my wife being the mad keen Rhinos fan) but the signing to-date and loss of some existing is not one that gets me opening the wallet to join a queue for season ticket.

Hope your right about Nene Macdonald, it may cheer the missus and she then doesn't have to persuade so hard not to spend the money going to saints more instead.

8 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Leeds will never win anything with those halves. But there is a good core of young promising players around who will make us challengers in most games. Be interesting to see how Sangare and Holroyd (back from injury and suspension) go next year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redjonn said:

We go to almost all home and away games (my wife being the mad keen Rhinos fan) but the signing to-date and loss of some existing is not one that gets me opening the wallet to join a queue for season ticket.

Hope your right about Nene Macdonald, it may cheer the missus and she then doesn't have to persuade so hard not to spend the money going to saints more instead.

Were in a mess SC wise due to some bad decisions it was never going to be until 2024 that Rohan Smith can get who he wants.

Regardless of Signings next year is exciting as a Leeds fan to see what Smith can do with a pre season and a whole campaign 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Heard that Hardacre is a done deal at Leigh, just waiting for the official announcement.

So is he coming as a centre to replace Macdonald, or full back for Aekins going back to Aus?

you have the luxury of choice - me thinks he is best at full back but then I have no idea about your squad.

The yorkshire post have said that Hardacre turned down the offer from Leeds when Leeds managed to create some salary cap space just recently.

It said Leeds and coach are disappointed not to keep him but he had a better offer.  Although I think more like they mismanaged the cap and kept him hanging on whilst at same time publicly saying they couldn't keep him because of existing Cap hence opening a big door to other clubs.

I guess in this case Leigh, a good signing I would suggest assuming it is the case he goes to Leigh.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Heard that Hardacre is a done deal at Leigh, just waiting for the official announcement.

So is he coming as a centre to replace Macdonald, or full back for Aekins going back to Aus?

Just when things were looking positive at Leigh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hardaker to Leigh is a bizarre one, and he’s clearly going for the cash (nothing wrong with that) but to move to club near Wigan when only 6 months ago he moved back to Yorkshire for family reasons is strange.

• Like 3