Would leigh really be in the top 6 in super league

No

As they would not be allowed to have the players they have and they dont really have a successful youth production line as such. 

Im not denying leigh have done well to attract Ferguson,  Mcdonald, Lam,  Ipape and Charnley,  but none of these players were hitting the headlines at their previous clubs. 

My view is that Leigh will have to dig even deeper into Dereks pockets to survive in super league,  as they need some high quality british born players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, The storm said:

No

As they would not be allowed to have the players they have and they dont really have a successful youth production line as such. 

Im not denying leigh have done well to attract Ferguson,  Mcdonald, Lam,  Ipape and Charnley,  but none of these players were hitting the headlines at their previous clubs. 

My view is that Leigh will have to dig even deeper into Dereks pockets to survive in super league,  as they need some high quality british born players. 

Totally agree, top 6 first season in SL is a massive ask, consolidation the first year is the aim and build from there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who is this Callum Walker that keeps being quoted?

A rugby league journalist

He receives a big critique,  but i like to give the lad a chance. 

Plus im not sure if he is an actual journalist as such

I will check on linkedin

Just watched the highlights from yesterday , some great passing and running to score 17 trys , only one of those from a kick , would we be capable of scoring like that in SL ? , Probably not , our space and time would be diminished , so the actual question ( even if we could keep the current squad ) isn't relevant 

Would this team be capable of staying in SL and avoiding bottom ? , Quite possibly 

Until we actually get there nobody knows 

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Leigh of the Super League in 2023 (if they get promoted) will likely be a weaker team than the Leigh team of 2022 who might get promoted. 

Players like Caleb Aekins, Krisnan Inu, Mark Ioane, Ben Nakubuwai are definitely not irreplaceable. Ata Hingano and Jy Hitchcox have already basically left. 

The only real holes to fill are Sam Stone(who is rumoured to be off to Melbourne Storm) and Kai O'Donnell(GF is apparently homesick so going back to Oz). This idea that Leigh are gonna be starting from scratch next year is just daft.

Edit. Also, to answer the OP. No, Leigh are obviously not going to finish top 6 SL next year. It's just journalistic sensationalism, something SARL deals exclusively in.

Edited by LeytherRob

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Is Callum Walker “Serious About Plagarism, sorry, Rugby League”?

Serious about something, but not quality journalism. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

41 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

They will stay up in the first season. That is the main thing. After that, Build, I would guess.

Exactly, and the vast majority of Leigh fans will agree though there may be some get carried away when they see scorelines like yesterday.

Although the main thing at the moment is still to win promotion in the first place.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Players like Caleb Aekins, Krisnan Inu, Mark Ioane, Ben Nakubuwai are definitely not irreplaceable. Ata Hingano and Jy Hitchcox have already basically left. 

The only real holes to fill are Sam Stone(who is rumoured to be off to Melbourne Storm) and Kai O'Donnell(GF is apparently homesick so going back to Oz). This idea that Leigh are gonna be starting from scratch next year is just daft.

Edit. Also, to answer the OP. No, Leigh are obviously not going to finish top 6 SL next year. It's just journalistic sensationalism, something SARL deals exclusively in.

Regardless of whether those are irreplaceable, the market at this time of the year has already had plenty plucked from it, leaving Leigh (or whoever is promoted) to pick the left behinds from other sides, so likely replaceable players from other clubs bouncing between the divisions. 

I hear James Cunningham loves a newly promoted side. 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

If Leigh played a team like say Salford right now - Salford would dismantle them - the step upto SL is just too large.

A promoted team just has to concentrate on not getting relegated.

I'd say the opposite , I'd fancy my chances more against Salford than Wigan or The Giants 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd say the opposite , I'd fancy my chances more against Salford than Wigan or The Giants 

I picked a very good, but mid table SL team to make my point.

Remember TO and Toronto swept all aside in their promotion years and both struggled in SL.

Edited by Mr Frisky