RFL laughing emoji

15 hours ago, Live after death said:

I’m not wound up about it, but as its from the game’s governing body not some fans page it doesn’t really look good to me, some will agree some will not, just putting it out there.

Tbf I agree it is poor from the RFL, if they’re laughing about a team getting battered by 100 points. 

I presume it's some 'banter' giving young lad or lass who does the twitter posts and think it's something to laugh about?

I get that is the times we live in today but the fact it's come from the official governing body rather than a club/fans account is a tad disrespectful and silly, it paints the governing body in a bad light to me, save that kind of stuffo for fans groups etc.

Edited by daz39
  • Like 1

RFL or RoFL?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Some of the stuff on clubs' Twitter feeds should be better controlled too, particularly during a match. While we all enjoyed "Ah can't spayk" and "bottleless get, Camp-bell" it's just going to cause unnecessary problems if fans who can't control what they write get put in charge of Tweeting from the official club account.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 minute ago, tim2 said:

Some of the stuff on clubs' Twitter feeds should be better controlled too, particularly during a match. While we all enjoyed "Ah can't spayk" and "bottleless get, Camp-bell" it's just going to cause unnecessary problems if fans who can't control what they write get put in charge of Tweeting from the official club account.

As a Featherstone fan, I've found some of the stuff on their twitter output a bit excruciating.  Masquerading as banter, some of it comes across as arrogant, and I'm not a fan of that from a club that's in the position we are in.

3 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

As a York fan and someone who has worked in social media, I have to say I have no issue with it.

I've more issue with the governing body offering between 17-21k for a full time website and social media officer, however.

Maybe that's why the social media is so poor. The England women had a training session and I didn't see a single tweet from the RFL on their accounts, only others.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

As a York fan and someone who has worked in social media, I have to say I have no issue with it.

I've more issue with the governing body offering between 17-21k for a full time website and social media officer, however.

Its basically the salary of someone coming out of college or University, if they can't get anything better, and are simply looking to get a job and a bit of experience before going on to something bigger and better. The output will reflect that and I think that is quite evident in some, or all when a similar approach is taken to more senior positions, of what we see from the RFL.

On 28/08/2022 at 17:18, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Leigh are fascists! I'm going to write into League Express in disgust about Leigh's attempts to keep trainspotters out of the town in favour of bus spotters. I have no interest and know nothing whatsoever about bus spotting but I think favouring one form of transport over another despite trains being bigger and faster and stronger is disgusting. I know I am ignoring the fact that trains tend to get mentioned every week when it comes to Leigh and buses hardly at all but even so they shouldn't get a look in. Disgusting! 

You were quite right in your self description the other day!