Mon 29th Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 15:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/22 at 15:00

34 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

After johnh1 said he was going to look at flights, I've had a quick look on Skyscanner. There's some great ones - out on Friday, back on Sunday, ranging from £214 to £350.

Tempting fate, I know, but ...

I'll be looking Tony. But we have two away games to win yet!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Don't think that matters. You can be sure that Hudds will be interested too.

He won't go to Hudds.... I think he loves it at Salford and it's Salford or NRL for Brodie. How many players have left Salford for the £££ in the last 4/5 years and gone on to better things/improved as a player. Honestly can't think of one.

25 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

He won't go to Hudds.... I think he loves it at Salford and it's Salford or NRL for Brodie. How many players have left Salford for the £££ in the last 4/5 years and gone on to better things/improved as a player. Honestly can't think of one.

Myler? Fages? 

26 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

In addition to Myler and Fages, Hastings? Dudson?

I think the last couple of Salford coaches have been great at developing players, recognising their skills and fitting them into the team to take advantage of their skills.   Where as when players have gone to play with teams with different coaches they have been expected to fit into any play within that teams style. 

that said Salford deserve their playoff spot the way the team has developed over this season has been a joy to watch.  The defence is finally firming up no team will look forward to playing them going forward. 

how do you stop them when their on form and not making mistakes?

11 minutes ago, redsi42 said:

I think the last couple of Salford coaches have been great at developing players, recognising their skills and fitting them into the team to take advantage of their skills.   Where as when players have gone to play with teams with different coaches they have been expected to fit into any play within that teams style. 

that said Salford deserve their playoff spot the way the team has developed over this season has been a joy to watch.  The defence is finally firming up no team will look forward to playing them going forward. 

how do you stop them when their on form and not making mistakes?

2 of the last 3 coaches I think you mean!

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

2 of the last 3 coaches I think you mean!

Yes of course. I’ve done my best to wipe “what’s his name”  period from my memory.  Thanks for reminding me

16 hours ago, V02 said:

Haven't they got Cust and Smith for a couple of years?

If you have followed RL as long as I have, you would know by now Wigan are interested in everybody. They will not be satisfied till every RL player is on their books

• Like 3

I wanted to create an analogy between Artemis 1 blasting off and Salford Red Devils, but that all went moon shaped over in Florida.

I will admit I expected SRD to lose yesterday. And of course produce a miraculous redemption by being Wires and squeezing through on points difference. Even this lift off has been cancelled.

They didn't loss, they whacked Cas. This is way beyond astonishing now. The perennial Same Old Same inside me insists that it will all go very quickly and drastically wrong, especially if they end up in Perpignan. 

But stuff it. This is the moment, the moment to enjoy.

Nothing better than to top off with Warrington at home next.

Brothers and sisters. We are Salford🤟😃✌️

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

If you have followed RL as long as I have, you would know by now Wigan are interested in everybody. They will not be satisfied till every RL player is on their books

Signing everyone is not very good practice as far as salary cap management goes.

3 hours ago, V02 said:

Signing everyone is not very good practice as far as salary cap management goes.

You are Marwan Koukash and you have learnt your lesson. 😉

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 hours ago, V02 said:

Ah but, allegedly, the Wigan way is to put the player's wife on the Accounts Dept payroll on a salary of £120k a year,  as a way of paying the player via the back door and the club staying under the Cap.

Very tricky.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

On 29/08/2022 at 19:33, V02 said:

In addition to Myler and Fages, Hastings? Dudson?

Hastings best performances were for Salford, he was a shadow at Wigan, totally bobbins for GB, and after the first couple of weeks was found out by the opposition at Wests Tigers, hence moved to the back row.

20 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Ah but, allegedly, the Wigan way is to put the player's wife on the Accounts Dept payroll on a salary of £120k a year,  as a way of paying the player via the back door and the club staying under the Cap.

Very tricky.

Has that ever really happened? 

Agreed about Hastings. Wigan started playing him as hooker didnt they? He was a big fish at Salford and mutually alot is owed. I would not be surprised if he returned to be honest.