Mon 29th Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 15:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/22 at 15:00

Come on then, what do you think, hope for and expect in this the penultimate game of the ordinary season for the 2 clubs in 6th and 7th place in the Betfred Superleague?

it's time to vent your spleen, but only nicely of course..we don't want any Anthony Joshuas on ere.

Edited by John Drake
Poll added and pinned.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

I see the Salford Reds are risin'

Cons to the above statement: 

We're away at the Mend a Sock Jungle where the atmosphere is mightily agin us.  Cas are finding results from somewhere and are very dogged.

Pros:

We've won there already.  We're playing as a unit, nearly all of our back line are fit, we have more forwards back and we're peaking at the right time.  We have the confidence gained by thumping Saints, Dragons and Giants.  And we have nothing to lose.

Therefore my conclusion is Salford by 8 at least.

MoM prediction:  Mark Sneyd

Attendance: 8,412

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

11 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

I see the Salford Reds are risin'

Cons to the above statement: 

We're away at the Mend a Sock Jungle where the atmosphere is mightily agin us.  Cas are finding results from somewhere and are very dogged.

Pros:

We've won there already.  We're playing as a unit, nearly all of our back line are fit, we have more forwards back and we're peaking at the right time.  We have the confidence gained by thumping Saints, Dragons and Giants.  And we have nothing to lose.

Therefore my conclusion is Salford by 8 at least.

MoM prediction:  Mark Sneyd

Attendance: 8,412

Nothing to lose ? Who you trying to kid? 

Cas are not the team they used to be a couple of seasons back and have slipped back , nevertheless still a decent side. However Salford just seem to be going in one direction and getting better and better. Should be a really good match up with the intensity of a play off game because in essence thats what it is. 

Bookies have cas to sneak it by 2, ill go other way ,salford by two

• John Drake changed the title to Mon 29th Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 15:30 (Sky)
  • John Drake pinned this topic

Think Salford win, Cas spluttered all season Salford in good form. Cas realistically need to Win both last 2 Games to stay in playoffs as their points difference inferior. Think Cas will be hoping Leeds win at Catalan and guarantee play off spot, Leeds effectively  can rest players against Cas a Saturday giving Cas an open door.

Just about to set off for this one and hoping Salford get the job done to avoid a stress-free match against the mighty Wire next weekend.🤞

Gonna be a nervy 80 minutes I think and not expecting a classic but having beaten Cas twice this season we should be relatively confident so I'll go for Salford by 8 (possibly a similar scoreline to early in the season when we won 26-16 at the MAHJ).

Also hoping Catalans do Leeds so Leeds have something to play for next weekend against Cas.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Nothing to lose ? Who you trying to kid? 

We've already achieved our objective of not being in a fight against relegation, as many predicted, and so now we have nothing lo lose and everything to gain Fev.

55 minutes ago, Pete Grady said:

We've already achieved our objective of not being in a fight against relegation, as many predicted, and so now we have nothing lo lose and everything to gain Fev.

Well gain it today lol ,hope you win but cas are a strange team like Salford and Huddersfield- you don't know what you're going to get lol.