Mon 29th Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 15:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/22 at 15:00

Kallum Watkins fell so far, so fast, I never thought I'd see him play like this again. The confidence is back and so is his game.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

O'Connor talks some #####

You’re new to Sky Sports aren’t you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, Ullman said:

The magic left foot strikes again.

And using his right foot now…

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Love watching this Salford team play. None of the “five drives and a kick” game plan that so many teams deliver. Credit to Watkins, I though his career was over. He looks a different bloke to the one that left Leeds - and not just the 2 stone plus of muscle he seems to have put on. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

He has played well for weeks

I'm not saying this is something that's just happened. He's been good most of the season and is still getting better.

But when I watched him in recent years, especially in the NRL, he almost looked as if he'd forgotten how to play. I really never thought he'd get his mojo back to this extent.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

After johnh1 said he was going to look at flights, I've had a quick look on Skyscanner. There's some great ones - out on Friday, back on Sunday, ranging from £214 to £350.

Tempting fate, I know, but ...

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Thoroughly enjoyable mistake-ridden game but all the more exciting for all that.

Just wonder which game the commentators were watching.

Salford have work to do, though so if we they are to progress further. Too many sloppy passes and too many messy PTBs.  Let's hope for more from them.

It is something that seems to happen at Salford, maybe it is the lack of of pressure. In recent years we have seen the likes of Jackson Hasting, Moose, Brodie and many others rekindle the love for the game.

It may be the family club vibe but it works.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm not saying this is something that's just happened. He's been good most of the season and is still getting better.

But when I watched him in recent years, especially in the NRL, he almost looked as if he'd forgotten how to play. I really never thought he'd get his mojo back to this extent.

Kallum was suffering with depression for quite a while, which affected his playing .

its so good to see him back to the player he was and in some ways better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1