Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

49 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Had an idea this was coming a few days ago 😂 , never really liked the Centurions thing , Am I happy with the new ' moniker ' ? , Well there are worse , there are better , personally as long as we play in Leigh , are called Leigh , I couldn't care less 

Am I surprised Derek has done this ? , No , nothing that Derek does surprises me 😂 , will it work ? , Don't really see why not , the colour change if that is a permenant thing not sure , but I'll still be there next year , some decent players there , that's more what I'm interested in 

Worse, which is worse??

There are better... yeah, every other one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Whoever sanctioned it wants putting wants suspending from a roof truss with a strong rope.

Storm in a teacup Harry , what's the saying this week's news is next weeks chip paper 

This will work , if it's worked at , like all things , do you really care what the shirt looks like ? , If the players wearing it are putting the ball down over the try line none of us will care 

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Degsy like Leopards, that’s about it.

Ha ha, its all it is, no market testing of the rebranding, no consultations, no actual thought put into it. Literally just "let's rebrand, I like leopards, let's do that" suppose Leigh fans should be happy he wasnt a big fan of Dung Beetles...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Storm in a teacup Harry , what's the saying this week's news is next weeks chip paper 

This will work , if it's worked at , like all things , do you really care what the shirt looks like ? , If the players wearing it are putting the ball down over the try line none of us will care 

Do you think changing your clubs name and whole identity is just a bit of ‘news’ thatll be forgotten about?

How long has Leigh RLFC played in red and white?

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The only thing I can't work out is whether the Conservative Party has waited for the Leigh rebrand to Leopards to smother the news of Liz Truss leaving or whether Leigh have waited for Liz Truss to leave to smother the news of their rebrand to Leopards. 

Everyone involved in RL are now desperately trying to release any bad news, as it will just be completely ignored.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Hell's bells.

image.png

I feel like I’m watching an episode of Parks & Rec.

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Some years ago a sports team I worked with were renamed and took in the name of their new sponsor and colours. 
it was bad (not as bad as this mind).

The governing body said no. And the team in question were told they wouldn’t be allowed to compete if they went ahead.

obvs, the team changed their plans. 
whether you agree with that or not, the sport decided such a change was not if the required standard.

if only..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Ha ha, its all it is, no market testing of the rebranding, no consultations, no actual thought put into it. Literally just "let's rebrand, I like leopards, let's do that" suppose Leigh fans should be happy he wasnt a big fan of Dung Beetles...

Probably needed to be alliterative.

Good job he didn't like lemmings and owned a safari lodge called Lemming Rock.

Edited by Stuff Smith

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'm for sure certain this is all a wind up now....but....if it's not.....

I'm going to re-open my amaterish RL dossier and mark this up as item #37890 and that'll be the last entry before I send it off to the relevant authorities

You must have a lot of evidence to submit.

Leeds Rhino's 

Castleford Tiger's 

Keighley Cougars

Bradford Bulls

Halifax Panthers 

Dewsbury Rams

And that is just the Yerkshire contingent.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Do you think changing your clubs name and whole identity is just a bit of ‘news’ thatll be forgotten about?

How long has Leigh RLFC played in red and white?

Since we stopped playing in Cherry and White 😉

As a (relatively) neutral Super League fan the Leigh rebrand is silly but that they are signing some decent players suggests they are at least having a go next season.

It’s always dull when a team comes up that you have a good feeling is going to go straight back down.

Sky Sports and/or Channel 4 might embrace the silliness too and perhaps show them a little more often televised…

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

You must have a lot of evidence to submit.

Leeds Rhino's 

Castleford Tiger's 

Keighley Cougars

Bradford Bulls

Halifax Panthers 

Dewsbury Rams

And that is just the Yerkshire contingent.

Bar Panthers those have all been successful.

difference is Leigh aren’t going from no moniker to a moniker, theyre going from s pretty succesful moniker to an absolute shocker, just because your owner likes big cats - tin pot