Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

27 minutes ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I've just woken up to this news and the first thing I saw when the shirt was unveiled was this

images (1).jpeg

Actually in my mind was one of those fleeces with an animal print usually paraded by elderly shoppers on market day.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, binosh said:

As a leigh fan I don’t like it and can understand why people think it’s amateur and unprofessional and are taking the Mick,  everybody hates change. However we are supposed to be a professional sport with stakeholders and sponsors and we have official club accounts openly mocking another club in the public domain , that is 100 times worse than a poor rebrand.

Glad to see you are joining in with the comedy responses. Good one 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Do you think changing your clubs name and whole identity is just a bit of ‘news’ thatll be forgotten about?

How long has Leigh RLFC played in red and white?

1883 within a couple of years before they were one if the pioneers of the Northern Union, I remember being 7 years old and getting my cherry and white bob cap and scarf, it was my pride and joy.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes because Derek Beaumont would never criticise other clubs or elements of the game would he....

Quite right. Always such a calm, considered sort of gentleman 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

1883 within a couple of years before they were one if the pioneers of the Northern Union, I remember being 7 years old and getting my cherry and white bob cap and scarf, it was my pride and joy.

Your clubs owner has just thrown that all out, because he likes leopards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honestly Harry if I were you I'd be protesting outside the ground (presumably something is being organised) and making as much noise as possible on social media.

He is a custodian of your club, you fans own it and it is nothing without you. This is disgraceful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

It aint a master pr stunt, ive looked through the pdf

Professionalism. 

If you've got five minutes, read through the linked file posted by Andrew Foster.

Did anyone proofread this?  I'm deliberately avoiding being the grammar police here because I live in a glass house (that's a metaphor, obviously). 

But Centurian? Centurions is (was) the name of your club.

27 minutes ago, binosh said:

As a leigh fan I don’t like it and can understand why people think it’s amateur and unprofessional and are taking the Mick,  everybody hates change. However we are supposed to be a professional sport with stakeholders and sponsors and we have official club accounts openly mocking another club in the public domain , that is 100 times worse than a poor rebrand.

Totally agree. Especially from one team who has been in the league 5 minutes.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bolton Leyther said:

I'd missed this gem: a mascot made by the creators of the mascots for the US TV show The Masked Singer, with illuminating eyes.

20221020_201224.jpg.0752b28aaebd096f51af54e5010a9418.jpg

😂😂😂😂😂

Honestly, there is so much breadth and depth to the comedy of Leigh’s rebrand that I reckon this topic could eventually beat the post record of the still legendary ‘Chris Joynt’s Voluntary Tackle’ thread 

Thanks Degsy!! 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I proudly have a replica shirt that I take on holiday as other clubs Fan's do it us a kind of introduction and gets some good conversation going.

Would I take this new one with me, would I heck, people would think I have just escaped from Ru Paul's Drag Race.

Go on Harry, it'd be a conversation starter.