1. 1. Who will win?

• Lebanon by 13 points or more
    • Lebanon by 7 to 12 points
    • Lebanon by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 7 to 12 points
    • Ireland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/22 at 14:00

Match thread for Lebanon v Ireland. Thought I'd get this going as for me this is the tie of round 2 but suspect the crowd won't reflect that.

I'll go Ireland by 12.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• John Drake changed the title to Sun 23 October: RLWC: Lebanon v Ireland KO 2.30pm
  • John Drake pinned this topic

Hopefully sorting out my tickets to attend this one , should be a good game 

Be looking through the wifes wardrobe for something ' Leopardy ' to wear ? 😂 

Funnily enough just on ' politics NW ' 2 minutes ago interviewing people in Leigh Town centre about Boris returning , the second person they asked was wearing Leopard print 😁

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Match thread for Lebanon v Ireland. Thought I'd get this going as for me this is the tie of round 2 but suspect the crowd won't reflect that.

I'll go Ireland by 12.

Agree on both counts. Tie of the round, and really looking forward to this one.

The Lebs are an interesting team - they play very tactically and try to be creative in how they score points/gain field position.

I would love to see them in the quarter finals,  but unfortunately  I think the "Irish" with their bunch of journeymen professionals will be too strong. 

58 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think the main reason I want Ireland to get through is that it would be great for international RL if a second European team could get through to the quarters. 

In what way? What would be the great payoff for international rugby league of ireland appearing (briefly) in a quarter final?

2 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

In what way? What would be the great payoff for international rugby league of ireland appearing (briefly) in a quarter final?

The narrative for the past decade (and more) has been how good the Southern Hemisphere teams are, particularly in comparison to the European teams. That is despite results suggesting it is far closer.

The more European teams doing well, the better. France beating Samoa would be an absolute icing on the cake for me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

It would show that the spread of quality within international teams around the world extends further than England and Oceania for starters. It would just show that these other teams aren't there to just make up the numbers and would show that there was more than one competitive team in Europe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The narrative for the past decade (and more) has been how good the Southern Hemisphere teams are, particularly in comparison to the European teams. That is despite results suggesting it is far closer.

The more European teams doing well, the better. France beating Samoa would be an absolute icing on the cake for me.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

It would show that the spread of quality within international teams around the world extends further than England and Oceania for starters. It would just show that these other teams aren't there to just make up the numbers and would show that there was more than one competitive team in Europe. 

OK. No argument  from me.

However what would actually happen? You said it would be "great for international  RL" but in what way?

Would more people start attending internationals? 

Would we get a bigger TV deal for the next international tournament (whenever that is)?

Would there be any actual payoff at all? That was my point. 

• Thanks 1