Fri 18 Nov: Wheelchair World Cup Final: France v England KO 7.30pm

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France
    • England

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/11/22 at 20:00

I think if England can keep Bourson quiet we have a good chance, but I'll be interested to see how the French defend, they are very good defenders in general, but they are also not afraid to use the "dark arts" of the game to keep attackers out.

Anthems time! The champions et the bar high with that Marseillaise.

Lizzie Jones delivers the response.

Oops, somebody's left a mic live that shouldn't be.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Credit to the French and the people involved. Respect is due.

The French have been very much at the forefront of International RL, the World Cup was their idea and pushed hard for it when England (GB) and Ozz weren't that interested. They have pioneered Wheelchair RL, France should be a power house of the game but we all know the history of why not. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Aesthetically it is very good for TV, and with the grounds being 'manufactured' it could maybe allow for some creative and interesting setups. 

It's a sport that could be played in all kinds of venues, I hope the sports participation grows after this world Cup, my mates kid is wheelchair bound and he's watched pretty much every game, even watched some multiple times  and he's now desperately looking for a team he can join.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Aesthetically it is very good for TV, and with the grounds being 'manufactured' it could maybe allow for some creative and interesting setups. 

You could even build in a slope for the RL nostalgists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, MatthewWoody said:

What do they usually use this arena for?

I think it's just a multipurpose space. The raked seating is almost certainly temporary.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson