Elite 1 Round 11

8 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

It should certainly be exciting with those unpredictable live wires Gigot and Miloudi in the same side!  I will try and catch some of the game.

It occurs to me that with one player called Sam Cook and another called Goffin there is something of a 1960s pop feel to the Albi line up too!

17 minutes ago, eal said:

Too bad fans keep getting in the way of the camera.

only during the exiting bits or when there's a try likely though

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I just finished watching the Albi vs Carcassonne live stream. Not the greatest spectacle I have seen, however, a couple of observations that may interest some of you:

1. Average audience on youtube at any given time throughout the match was 700. Not sure where it peaked, but probably at around 800. 

2. I was pleasantly shocked to see that the crowd was around 2000!!! Does anyone know what caused this? Was it the Tony Gigot effect? Good promo by the club? A lot of away fans? Or all of the above?

Of of course, the 2k estimate is my own guesswork. However I saw some good shots of the main stand and it looked full. So if anyone knows that stand's capacity, it would go a long way to solving the riddle. The smaller stand that was opposite the camera only had about 100 in it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, langpark said:

I just finished watching the Albi vs Carcassonne live stream. Not the greatest spectacle I have seen, however, a couple of observations that may interest some of you:

1. Average audience on youtube at any given time throughout the match was 700. Not sure where it peaked, but probably at around 800. 

2. I was pleasantly shocked to see that the crowd was around 2000!!! Does anyone know what caused this? Was it the Tony Gigot effect? Good promo by the club? A lot of away fans? Or all of the above?

Of of course, the 2k estimate is my own guesswork. However I saw some good shots of the main stand and it looked full. So if anyone knows that stand's capacity, it would go a long way to solving the riddle. The smaller stand that was opposite the camera only had about 100 in it. 

Thanks, yeah Albi do have a decent core support so 2,000 isn't out of the question. 

Agree about the atmosphere, that ground is not the best and I'd like to see them take some games to the larger stadium

• Like 2

Albi seemd to have the measure of Carca on this one and the Canaries seemed to avoid doing the things that worked against their opposition magnificently.

Enjoyed it though.

Not enough likes though.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

32 minutes ago, EggFace said:

They should have the camera on the other side so you can see the crowd.

If you remember the Pathe Sport coverage, they used to put everybody in the stand opposite the cameras to help 'improve' the crowd for television!

• Like 2

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

14 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Yes however it was a professional set up with a paid for TV crew.

Paul

Appreciate online footage is essentially club's own footage and broadcast online as bonus but maybe they could consider where to film from to 'enhance' crowd for any footage they or FFR XIII send out to potential sponsors etc?

Realise 'geography' of stadiums does not always make this possible due to location of video gantry, power sources, cover etc but might be worth suggesting to clubs? Even to casual viewer bums on seats looks far better than empty stand? Remember when London played at Brentford and SKY footage nearly always showed opposite stand empty? Oddly Micron footage filmed from other side showed other stand where seated spectators were located.

The footage is firstly filmed for the coaches and disciplinary. Most teams only have stands on one side high enough to film properly. Yes it would be good, at Carcassonne they film towards the new stand and crowd, Avignon don't, Lézignan can't, neither can Albi, Toulouse, Villeneuve, st Gaudens, Catalans, limoux, nor Pia,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Limoux presently 28pts fought out a game against young Dracs reserves down to 12 men second half - indeed stormy but better effort from them

Lezignan clattered St Gaudens 52-12 turning over a loss at the Pyrenées earlier 30-20

Toulouse Elite were 10-4 up at Avignon to fall away remembering Carcassonne level at the break at SOA

To me there it looks like a sort of closing in which hasn't happened in some time

Yes the Aude rule the roost but with teams like Pia on the up and an Albi with Gigot & Miloudi things may be changing by the Spring

Avignon at home are on the fringe too - a downer is though that SOA like St Gaudens don't run with U19 teams

Chance that the Top '6' can be the best for some years !

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Villeneuve/Lot still with out a win. They are still waiting for some overseas players held up by visas. Worth knowing too that their U19s beat Pia by more than 50 points.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

Limoux v SE XIIIC highlights.

I really enjoyed that. Impressed by the standard, great entertainment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, audois said:

Villeneuve/Lot still with out a win. They are still waiting for some overseas players held up by visas. Worth knowing too that their U19s beat Pia by more than 50 points.

They went home for Christmas and can't get back apparently 

• Sad 1

On 09/01/2023 at 11:36, barnyia said:

The footage is firstly filmed for the coaches and disciplinary. Most teams only have stands on one side high enough to film properly. Yes it would be good, at Carcassonne they film towards the new stand and crowd, Avignon don't, Lézignan can't, neither can Albi, Toulouse, Villeneuve, st Gaudens, Catalans, limoux, nor Pia,  

Hence why I said "Appreciate online footage is essentially club's own footage and broadcast online as bonus but maybe they could consider where to film from ". Few years since I've been to some of the stadiums and see Toulouse have demolished stand and Avignon back at Parc des Sports instead of St Ruf. However, temporary scaffolding or hoist not beyond the realms of possibility at grounds? Even a cherry picker on the back of a van?

• Like 1